Jump to content

The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14


Selz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Call Me By Your Name

Grade: B

Could have been so much more.  Timothy did a great job.  Armie was just eye candy.  Not enough gay stuff for me, but it was an okay movie.

Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri

Grade: B+

France McDormand was ferocious.  She was the best thing in the movie.  I think it ran a little too long, but Frances will probably win the Oscar. She went through the motions and you felt for her.  I loved that she had a good Judy named Denise and there were black people represented in the movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

Call Me By Your Name

Grade: B

Could have been so much more.  Timothy did a great job.  Armie was just eye candy.  Not enough gay stuff for me, but it was an okay movie.

 

I read the book after seeing the movie.  And they cut out a lot of the ending for the film, but the actual gay stuff was pretty accurate to the book.  The book actually has them age and interact through the years.  I can see why they cut it though because it wasn't necessary in the movie.  They don't "do anything" again after Arnie left, but they always had feelings for each other as they moved on to old age etc.

The book was a little more graphic on the sex in terms of Elio talks about how he wanted Oliver inside him most of the book.  Then after he got dicked down his butt was so sore he could hardly sit or ride his bike.  Sweet  I mean the D musta been good cause he wanted it for decades after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw Black Panther twice. Great movie! A from me. I loved the fact that they showed how beautiful Africa is and I could swear the scene of the landscape with the music playing came straight from Lion King lol. So many people were saying the same thing. Black people came out to support in full force and so were whites. Being Black i'm so used to prejudice and racism from whites towards Blacks that I was pleasantly surprised to see so many for an all black movie. It opened my eyes more. This isn't a spoiler but I know when Michael B. Jordan said what he said to that white lady in the museum it had white people in the theater feeling some kind of way but it was the truth so.-_-

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Shape of Water  B+  I mean this some weird shit.  I struggled with what to grade it really.  I think in general I liked it, and it was pretty original I suppose.

wtf is it about? I've seen the trailer and it just seems like some woman who can control water but it still doesn't interest me enough to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

wtf is it about? I've seen the trailer and it just seems like some woman who can control water but it still doesn't interest me enough to watch.

An unconventional love story of a lonely mute woman who works at a secret government facility.  Her only 2 friends her older gay neighbor and her sassy married black co worker that translates and looks out for her.  They mop their way into a plot involving Russian spies, secret sentient creatures brought in from South America.  Stuff happens and you explore the meaning and differences of love.  In the Shape of Water.  Love can find you even if you can't speak or breathe air very long.

See the source image

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

An unconventional love story of a lonely mute woman who works at a secret government facility.  Her only 2 friends her older gay neighbor and her sassy married black co worker that translates and looks out for her.  They mop their way into a plot involving Russian spies, secret sentient creatures brought in from South America.  Stuff happens and you explore the meaning and differences of love.  In the Shape of Water.  Love can find you even if you can't speak or breathe air very long.

See the source image

boy what the hell?:mellow: IF that gif is from the movie then i'm gonna watch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Goodbye Christopher Robin

C+

first half was rather slow and somewhat boring but the last half was very touching and it had a good ending. Domhnall Gleeson (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi) plays A.A. Milne, the author/creator of Winnie-the-Pooh and Margot Robbie plays his wife, Daphne. They are the parents of the real Christopher Robin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1653665/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, Bailey. said:

really?!   I loved it ....where are the plot holes? :unsure:

Just how crazy that policeman was with absolutely no consequence.

Why that guy threatened the mother but then it wasn't him???

A few other things...I guess not plotholes but minor annoyances. The performances are good and I still enjoyed. Id give it a B.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Just how crazy that policeman was with absolutely no consequence.

Why that guy threatened the mother but then it wasn't him???

A few other things...I guess not plotholes but minor annoyances. The performances are good and I still enjoyed. Id give it a B.

Okay so what I really want to know is what do you think the ending is about? I mean like what does the movie mean ?  I have my theories about the cop and a few things, but what do you think?

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Okay so what I really want to know is what do you think the ending is about? I mean like what does the movie mean ?  I have my theories about the cop and a few things, but what do you think?

Was there anything deep behind the ending? I mean it seemed to go hand in hand with what she said to that priest.

Am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...