HDD predictions are in...

RedSimba

Just stating FACTS

There are FEW successful female acts in hip-hop. It's a male dominated industry. All it takes it is the right single for a female act to garner attention..and Kim still remains prominent figure, though the Nicki stans would prefer is she never existed...lol

..but then who would Nicki steal her whole act from then? :unsure:

You can't claim facts for something that never happened. You're speculating. And reaching.

Clearly it takes more than just the right single because Missy Elliott absolutely dominated with 'Work It' and still fell way short of the 300k mark. I think it's safe to assume Kim would never see those numbers.

And I just won't with the "Nicki stole from Kim" thing again. It's stupid.

You can't claim facts for something that never happened. You're speculating. And reaching.

Clearly it takes more than just the right single because Missy Elliott absolutely dominated with 'Work It' and still fell way short of the 300k mark. I think it's safe to assume Kim would never see those numbers.

And I just won't with the "Nicki stole from Kim" thing again. It's stupid.

It is facts, whether you accept it or not.

Missy's Under Construction wasn't released during the week of Black Friday either, nor was her CD discounted to $4 or $5.99 (as is typical of Black Friday sales).

It's the truth, which obviously you are bothered by. :excited:

Whatever the case, the reason I keep saying I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales is because we all knew she would open with decent figures considering the hype behind her and when the label choose to release...these next few weeks will show if the CD and Nicki has staying power or not.

• Downvote 1

Missy's Under Construction wasn't released during the week of Black Friday either, nor was her CD discounted to $4 or $5.99 (as is typical of Black Friday sales).

Whatever the case, the reason I keep saying I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales is because we all knew she would open with decent figures considering the hype behind her and when the label choose to release...these next few weeks will show if the CD and Nicki has staying power or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-9JfghB71Q

How can you call assumptions facts? Saying Kim "probably would" is not fact. Fact is something founded, something you can prove. You're not that stupid, but you're probably that stubborn so whatever.

Well that's Missy's loss. Either way, there has to be interest there for somebody to pick up Pink Friday and buy it. Be it $30 or $2, nobody buys stuff they just don't want. Nicki garnered enough to debut with big numbers and, as has become somewhat of a forum mantra; men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Fine, but I would bet my left nut you'll still be a catty bitch about it in two or three weeks, still making excuses, still reaching, and still clinging to the misguided hope that the has-been will come and reclaim the spot.

Whadayaknow, I just got off a plane and read my horoscope in the terminal: Your patience has been tested. Now it's time to put a certain someone in their place.

How can you call assumptions facts? Saying Kim "probably would" is not fact. Fact is something founded, something you can prove. You're not that stupid, but you're probably that stubborn so whatever.

Well that's Missy's loss. Either way, there has to be interest there for somebody to pick up Pink Friday and buy it. Be it $30 or $2, nobody buys stuff they just don't want. Nicki garnered enough to debut with big numbers and, as has become somewhat of a forum mantra; men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Fine, but I would bet my left nut you'll still be a catty bitch about it in two or three weeks, still making excuses, still reaching, and still clinging to the misguided hope that the has-been will come and reclaim the spot.

Whadayaknow, I just got off a plane and read my horoscope in the terminal: Your patience has been tested. Now it's time to put a certain someone in their place.

It's a fact based on Kim's pass sales, and proven by Nicki's 1st sales, which were garnered in part thanks to Black Friday. Put the same push behind Kim with a decent single... and you would have similar sales to "Pink Friday" :)

Yes the interest was there thanks in part to the album being released during the week of Black Friday...In the coming weeks, we'll see the true potential of Nicki and "Pink Friday." Which is what I've been saying since my first post in this thread. :sigh:

If I were you, I would prepare to lose your left nut.... -_-

I just read my horoscope too... "The lesser girls will always be bothered...especially when it concerns stanning for their fav flop" :excited: Pretty accurate, I say... :blush:

It's a fact based on Kim's pass sales, and proven by Nicki's 1st sales, which were garnered in part thanks to Black Friday. Put the same push behind Kim with a decent single... and you would have similar sales to "Pink Friday" :)

Yes the interest was there thanks in part to the album being released during the week of Black Friday...In the coming weeks, we'll see the true potential of Nicki and "Pink Friday." Which is what I've been saying since my first post in this thread. :sigh:

If I were you, I would prepare to lose your left nut.... -_-

I just read my horoscope too... "The lesser girls will always be bothered...especially when it concerns stanning for their fav flop" :excited: Pretty accurate, I say... :blush:

It's still not a fact, it's an assumption.

I'm not denying that, but like I said, nobody buys something they just don't want. Clever marketing and expert timing is all part of the game. Can't hate on Nicki or her label for taking advantage of that. I'm also interested to see the sales in the coming weeks, but it won't be a "true indication" of Nicki's potential at all.

Your horoscope sounds bogus. I don't stan for anybody, and Nicki certainly isn't a flop.

It's still not a fact, it's an assumption.

I'm not denying that, but like I said, nobody buys something they just don't want. Clever marketing and expert timing is all part of the game. Can't hate on Nicki or her label for taking advantage of that. I'm also interested to see the sales in the coming weeks, but it won't be a "true indication" of Nicki's potential at all.

Your horoscope sounds bogus. I don't stan for anybody, and Nicki certainly isn't a flop.

Nope, it's a fact. :dance:

I'm not hating or her or her label's decision. I just want to make sure it's fully understood that the Black Friday release played a huge role in these opening week sales. Yes, the next few weeks will tell the story...and while it may not be an indication of Nicki's true potential. It will be an indication of this CD's success and just how much the Black Friday release played into it's opening week numbers.

My horoscope is yet another fact. :yep:

:mellow:

It would depend on the single(s) released prior and promo, but it's possible. Let's not pretend that Kim wasn't a strong seller in the past...hell, even "The Naked Truth" did 100,000 in it's first week.

Like you said "the past" ..but TODAY? Kim is not in demand and YOU know it .. Look at Nelly he was way LARGER than Kim and this fool only moved 65k with a semi hit song ...Kim most certainly couldn't weather thru the storm if other LARGER acts cant.

Oh I get what you're saying though.

Congrats to Nicki :dance:

u know i watched her mtv special last night. i gotta say shes not as dumb as i thought she was. she seems like she has some business sense and knows what she wants. i gotta give that much up to her and I see she takes care of her family which is always a plus in my book

u know i watched her mtv special last night. i gotta say shes not as dumb as i thought she was. she seems like she has some business sense and knows what she wants. i gotta give that much up to her and I see she takes care of her family which is always a plus in my book

Yes, she's very smart, I always liked her in interviews because she has a lot of personality but there's also substance and intelligence too.

Yes, she's very smart, I always liked her in interviews because she has a lot of personality but there's also substance and intelligence too.

yeah i feel like shes just using this rap thingy to get where she wants to be which seems like she wants to be more of an actress.. she even says she's more than just this "Barbie Image" if she stay successful she will probably part with young money soon :coffee:

yeah i feel like shes just using this rap thingy to get where she wants to be which seems like she wants to be more of an actress.. she even says she's more than just this "Barbie Image" if she stay successful she will probably part with young money soon :coffee:

Yep, she kept stressing the acting thing as her first love, and the very last question was are you just playing the part of a rapper? :o

Like you said "the past" ..but TODAY? Kim is not in demand and YOU know it .. Look at Nelly he was way LARGER than Kim and this fool only moved 65k with a semi hit song ...Kim most certainly couldn't weather thru the storm if other LARGER acts cant.

Yes TODAY... Kim is still a relevant female hip hop act in a almost completely male dominated field, who had sales of over 100,000+ during the first week of her only "flop" project.

So many people have gotten caught up in this beef and "old school vs new school" that they actually believe Kim hasn't been relevant since "Hardcore" ...even people that are "old enough" to remember. :mellow:

Yes TODAY... Kim is still a relevant female hip hop act in a almost completely male dominated field, who had sales of over 100,000+ during the first week of her only "flop" project.

So many people have gotten caught up in this beef and "old school vs new school" that they actually believe Kim hasn't been relevant since "Hardcore" ...even people that are "old enough" to remember. :mellow:

You reachin for tha moon, apollo 13. hee20hee-vi.gif