HDD predictions are in...

RedSimba

Yes TODAY... Kim is still a relevant female hip hop act in a almost completely male dominated field, who had sales of over 100,000+ during the first week of her only "flop" project.

So many people have gotten caught up in this beef and "old school vs new school" that they actually believe Kim hasn't been relevant since "Hardcore" ...even people that are "old enough" to remember. :mellow:

Where are you getting this from?

Being known as the QUEEN and being relevant is two different things. Just because she's "Kim" or paved the way does NOT mean she's still in demand. Wasnt she suppose to have came back out a few years ago and it got shelved becuz "Download" didnt ignite as little of a spark in the publics interest. Im not even stanning for NICKI..This is just being REAL. Tryna make it seem like Kim is larger than what she is.. is laughable. Missy would have a better chance at a bigger comeback if anything..besides she IS the BEST SELLING FEMALE MC..or have we forgot? And its been proven..the longer you wait in between releasing albums (these days) the slimmer ur chances of ur audience still being there. There are huge pop acts that are having trouble reclaiming their thrones. Time waits for NO ONE. Do you actually think Kim would soar above this "problem"..and sit comfortably with her crown? Lets pray her next single becomes (at least) a semi hit before we get ambitious talking about what her first wks could possibly be. She has to hurtle over the small shit first.Im still stuck on what exactly makes Kim more relevant than a Nelly?

Well I still consider Lauryn's album close enough to be a rap album - a "hip-hop album" at least. :unsure:

Well apparently Lauryn doesnt get that credit because the industry doesnt recognize it as a hop hop album ..Nicki's tweet from what the INDUSTRY has informed her.

NICKIMINAJ Interesting. Lauryn sold 422,000 in the 1st wk w/Miseducation! That album wasn't categorized as HipHop/Rap under "genre

So Pink Friday under the 'HipHop/Rap' genre has the highest selling first week from a female in HISTORY. #cheers

19 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

The previous holder of highest 1st week sales for a female RAP album was missy elliott's 'under construction' with 260K.

Well apparently Lauryn doesnt get that credit because the industry doesnt recognize it as a hop hop album ..Nicki's tweet from what the INDUSTRY has informed her.

NICKIMINAJ Interesting. Lauryn sold 422,000 in the 1st wk w/Miseducation! That album wasn't categorized as HipHop/Rap under "genre

So Pink Friday under the 'HipHop/Rap' genre has the highest selling first week from a female in HISTORY. #cheers

19 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

The previous holder of highest 1st week sales for a female RAP album was missy elliott's 'under construction' with 260K.

So... TE was right?

CONGRATS TO MISS MINAJ!!!! WORK IT MAKE IT RAIN ON THEM HOES :blush:

Where are you getting this from?

Being known as the QUEEN and being relevant is two different things. Just because she's "Kim" or paved the way does NOT mean she's still in demand. Wasnt she suppose to have came back out a few years ago and it got shelved becuz "Download" didnt ignite as little of a spark in the publics interest. Im not even stanning for NICKI..This is just being REAL. Tryna make it seem like Kim is larger than what she is.. is laughable. Missy would have a better chance at a bigger comeback if anything..besides she IS the BEST SELLING FEMALE MC..or have we forgot? And its been proven..the longer you wait in between releasing albums (these days) the slimmer ur chances of ur audience still being there. There are huge pop acts that are having trouble reclaiming their thrones. Time waits for NO ONE. Do you actually think Kim would soar above this "problem"..and sit comfortably with her crown? Lets pray her next single becomes (at least) a semi hit before we get ambitious talking about what her first wks could possibly be. She has to hurtle over the small shit first.Im still stuck on what exactly makes Kim more relevant than a Nelly?

Yes "queen" and "relevant" are two different things, but both apply to Kim.

She has had label issues for years since TNT. She left Atlantic after she got out of jail (in 07/08), and other various issues...you're right time waits for no one, especially in the record industry. Hip hop is a whole other creature though...Both Missy and Kim are much anticipated in hip hop...a strong single and good promo is all they need.

...and I never said Kim was more relevant than Nelly or vice versa.

by saying she looks adorable and sprightly? oh yes the claws are out :coffee:

I didn't know if you were being shady or not... -_-

One can never tell with you... :rolleyes:

A strong single and good promo is all they need.

To do what? Pull Nicki's numbers? You really think Kim could do those numbers(Black Friday or not)? THe anticipation is not that massive ..

THe reason you made it sound like Kim was more relevant becuz you didnt really address the example I gave you of Nelly having a hard time right now...Then if she's still "relevant" .... what is Nelly?

To do what? Pull Nicki's numbers? You really think Kim could do those numbers(Black Friday or not)? THe anticipation is not that massive ..

THe reason you made it sound like Kim was more relevant becuz you didnt really address the example I gave you of Nelly having a hard time right now...Then if she's still "relevant" .... what is Nelly?

Just as with any artist, it depends on the strength of the single(s), and promo...To answer the question, factor that in with a release during Black Friday, yes. :yep:

..because I've stated repeatedly the opening week numbers do not tell the true story of this project, and neither would it for Lil Kim or whomever is released at during such time. The real story is told after the fact. Which is why I said, I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales..That's gonna tell the story of strength of this project and Nicki (up to this point)

I didn't address the issue of Nelly at all, if memory serves. lol A "semi- hit" is not a strong single and as I said Kim would definitely need a decent hit, along with solid support from a label...I'm not sure what the issues are with Nelly and his label, but I read the article you posted where Nelly stated he was not happy with how his label handled the situation.

Though I wouldn't call Kim more relevant than Nelly, as I said before she is a relevant and prominent FEMALE act in hip hoop. That's something that's few an far inbetween in the industry. That's partly what makes her anticipated, along with the critical acclaim her last project had with critics and fans alike though it didn't sell well... before this issue came about people anticipated and were waiting for Kim to finally release something. Now people treat her, as I said before, as if "Hardcore" was her only relevant moment...she is not Khia. lol

Nope, it's a fact. :dance:

I'm not hating or her or her label's decision. I just want to make sure it's fully understood that the Black Friday release played a huge role in these opening week sales. Yes, the next few weeks will tell the story...and while it may not be an indication of Nicki's true potential. It will be an indication of this CD's success and just how much the Black Friday release played into it's opening week numbers.

My horoscope is yet another fact. :yep:

No, it's STILL an assumption. And an ass-backwards one at that. If it's a fact, show me the receipts. I'll wait.

It sounds like you are. Opening week numbers aren't limited only to female hip-hop or Nicki Minaj. We discuss them all the time, so why change your stance for this album? To me, claiming to be here for 2nd & 3rd weeks' sales is like your last ditch effort to call her a flop. I guess since the copycat and debut sales avenues failed you've gotta cling to something, right?

Your horoscope has as many holes as your "Kim would sell" theory. Did you write it?

So... TE was right?

CONGRATS TO MISS MINAJ!!!! WORK IT MAKE IT RAIN ON THEM HOES :blush:

:excited:

Yes "queen" and "relevant" are two different things, but both apply to Kim.

She has had label issues for years since TNT. She left Atlantic after she got out of jail (in 07/08), and other various issues...you're right time waits for no one, especially in the record industry. Hip hop is a whole other creature though...Both Missy and Kim are much anticipated in hip hop...a strong single and good promo is all they need.

I didn't know if you were being shady or not... -_-

One can never tell with you... :rolleyes:

You mean Atlantic dropped her. :rolleyes: And "other various issues", such as? :huh: She had it all on her side. Time, a stint in jail for lyrical inspriation, and a fanbase. She'd be hard-pressed to claim one of those right now.

Just as with any artist, it depends on the strength of the single(s), and promo...To answer the question, factor that in with a release during Black Friday, yes. :yep:

..because I've stated repeatedly the opening week numbers do not tell the true story of this project, and neither would it for Lil Kim or whomever is released at during such time. The real story is told after the fact. Which is why I said, I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales..That's gonna tell the story of strength of this project and Nicki (up to this point)

I didn't address the issue of Nelly at all, if memory serves. lol A "semi- hit" is not a strong single and as I said Kim would definitely need a decent hit, along with solid support from a label...I'm not sure what the issues are with Nelly and his label, but I read the article you posted where Nelly stated he was not happy with how his label handled the situation.

Though I wouldn't call Kim more relevant than Nelly, as I said before she is a relevant and prominent FEMALE act in hip hoop. That's something that's few an far inbetween in the industry. That's partly what makes her anticipated, along with the critical acclaim her last project had with critics and fans alike though it didn't sell well... before this issue came about people anticipated and were waiting for Kim to finally release something. Now people treat her, as I said before, as if "Hardcore" was her only relevant moment...she is not Khia. lol

A hit and promo does NOT always guarantee SALES. (Rihanna)

You keep saying Kim is all this and all that but what stuns me is that you act as if "time passing" doesnt affect her. Her image is faaaaar more bigger than her music. Lets get THAT clear..You keep going back in time speaking about her last projects ..blah..blah..blah. We are HERE and NOW. Yesterdays success is not promised for TODAYS success. To be truthfully honest..if Kim did try to come back..we already have NICKI..she's that "New thang". That's just how the way the world works. I DINT MAKE THE RULES. Missy is far more anticipated than Kim..LETS BE CLEAR, AGAIN. So Kim would still have to take a seat. Im not taking anything away from her but I'll be damned if your gonna try to convince someone that Kim could pull those numbers in TODAYS industry. There's not enough promo in the world that could help Kim do a 300k anything..Hell,Rihanna aint even doing that and she has HUUUUUGE hits aaaaaand her name ALONE is promo...C'mon now TOF.

No, it's STILL an assumption. And an ass-backwards one at that. If it's a fact, show me the receipts. I'll wait.

It sounds like you are. Opening week numbers aren't limited only to female hip-hop or Nicki Minaj. We discuss them all the time, so why change your stance for this album? To me, claiming to be here for 2nd & 3rd weeks' sales is like your last ditch effort to call her a flop. I guess since the copycat and debut sales avenues failed you've gotta cling to something, right?

Your horoscope has as many holes as your "Kim would sell" theory. Did you write it?

You mean Atlantic dropped her. :rolleyes: And "other various issues", such as? :huh: She had it all on her side. Time, a stint in jail for lyrical inspriation, and a fanbase. She'd be hard-pressed to claim one of those right now.

Nope, STILL facts...supported by my numerous fact based posts in this thread. :excited:

Nope, everyone knew she'd open big thanks to Black Friday and hype. The next few weeks will tell the true story...which is why I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales.

Nope, it's an official horoscope. Mad that it clocked you as a rattled, lessor girl? :unsure:

Atlantic didn't drop her. :mellow: She was sued by another company after she left Atlantic, a company she was supposed to be partnered with (or something like that) Thankfully she can still claim all three those things right now. :blush::dance:

Nope, everyone knew she'd open big thanks to Black Friday and hype. The next few weeks will tell the true story...which is why I'm only here for 2nd and 3rd week sales.

Hype does not necessarily = sales :blush: Nobody "knew" how she would debut. Nicki made a great achievement, and you're too pressed to give her her props :blush:WHAT ELSE IS NEW.

Nicki only sold well because of black friday.... Mary J did the same thing a few years back to get a hit album... releasing a cd around the x mas season is the easy way out period... and her cd sucks anyway... if she released in jan or feb she would have flopped...

A hit and promo does NOT always guarantee SALES. (Rihanna)

You keep saying Kim is all this and all that but what stuns me is that you act as if "time passing" doesnt affect her. Her image is faaaaar more bigger than her music. Lets get THAT clear..You keep going back in time speaking about her last projects ..blah..blah..blah. We are HERE and NOW. Yesterdays success is not promised for TODAYS success. To be truthfully honest..if Kim did try to come back..we already have NICKI..she's that "New thang". That's just how the way the world works. I DINT MAKE THE RULES. Missy is far more anticipated than Kim..LETS BE CLEAR, AGAIN. So Kim would still have to take a seat. Im not taking anything away from her but I'll be damned if your gonna try to convince someone that Kim could pull those numbers in TODAYS industry. There's not enough promo in the world that could help Kim do a 300k anything..Hell,Rihanna aint even doing that and she has HUUUUUGE hits ...C'mon now TOF.

Rihanna is a singles artists...a singles artist that still can pull fairly good numbers in album sales.

I never said "kim is all this and that" I simply stated she IS a relevant and prominent FEMALE act in the male dominated hip-hop industry. I also said with a decent single and good promo she could pull good numbers...at or approaching what Nicki did if released during the week of Black Friday. THAT's what I said.

...and again, both Kim and Missy are anticipated.