What is your biggest character flaw?

LyricalLesson

I'm generally pretty happy with myself as a person. I've really worked on things I didn't care for -- physically & psychologically -- in an attempt to be the best I can be. I've still got some work to do, but I'm making damn good progress :thumbup: We only get this one life, so I want mine to be a fulfilling one.

Having said all of that, sometimes there's thing that are very hard to reverse. I think we all have that one facet of our personality or character that we aren't exactly thrilled about.

Mine is definitely my kindness. In some cases, it becomes stupidity. I'm nice to people who don't deserve it, and I'm easygoing about things that require a different attitude. I'm not a push-over, and I'm definitely not unaware of the fact that people are gunning to take advantage of my kindness, but it's tough for me to find that sense of urgency to stop something before it begins.

I used to have quite the temper, but that's something that I worked on tremendously. I still have a short fuse, but it takes A LOT to ignite it. And I control it very well.

What's your character flaw?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character? It's basically the coins of stubbornness and perfectionism. While they can be good, they can be bad at the same time. Good aspects on one side of the coin, bad aspects on the others. My perfectionism is the biggest, though. I am indeed my own biggest critic. I have very high standards for everything around me but with myself I give no leeway or anything. It can be good because it always pushes me to look, and be my best, but it's also bad because no one is perfect. And that is the hardest thing to own up to for any perfectionist. I still haven't. I can say that phrase, but in the back of my mind I still think, "but one day I will be. I just have to work even harder". Biggest dilemma and a major stumbling block.

Another one, maybe, is that I make decisions quickly. Once I say I'm for it, I'm for it; when I say I'm done, I'm done. I don't wanna think it over, I don't feel I need to think it over. I will be out of the situation and will not look back. Ever.

I refuse to give anyone (family, friends, associates or whatever) second changes. Once you cross that bridge, I'm blowing it up.

:excited: that's a badass line! I'ma have to use it sometime :lol:

Man, I'm the complete opposite...I'm always convinced that people can change, even if they don't. All if takes is a legitimate sounding apology, and I'm quick to let by-gones be by-gones. That could be a flaw in itself too, though. -_-

Character? It's basically the coins of stubbornness and perfectionism. While they can be good, they can be bad at the same time. Good aspects on one side of the coin, bad aspects on the others. My perfectionism is the biggest, though. I am indeed my own biggest critic. I have very high standards for everything around me but with myself I give no leeway or anything. It can be good because it always pushes me to look, and be my best, but it's also bad because no one is perfect. And that is the hardest thing to own up to for any perfectionist. I still haven't. I can say that phrase, but in the back of my mind I still think, "but one day I will be. I just have to work even harder". Biggest dilemma and a major stumbling block.

Another one, maybe, is that I make decisions quickly. Once I say I'm for it, I'm for it; when I say I'm done, I'm done. I don't wanna think it over, I don't feel I need to think it over. I will be out of the situation and will not look back. Ever.

Ahhh, perfectionism...that's going to be a tough one to overcome. I'm sure it bleeds into almost anything you deal with, huh? You'll find that nothing is ever perfect so you keep working and working and working until you're satisfied? Like you said, that could be a good thing, but you're right -- I could definitely see it becoming a problem. It's kinda how I am with my music...it becomes very time consuming, and sometimes I end up not completing a quality project because it just isn't sounding the way I want it to.

Ahhh, perfectionism...that's going to be a tough one to overcome. I'm sure it bleeds into almost anything you deal with, huh? You'll find that nothing is ever perfect so you keep working and working and working until you're satisfied? Like you said, that could be a good thing, but you're right -- I could definitely see it becoming a problem. It's kinda how I am with my music...it becomes very time consuming, and sometimes I end up not completing a quality project because it just isn't sounding the way I want it to.

Yeah it does. It's become who/all I am. And yup, exactly right. It's like I can say nothing is ever perfect but my mind and my own drive still work furiously against that idea like the immune system fights off illnesses. That's really how it works. Hah! We share something in common. My music is where most of my perfectionism comes into practice outside of my own self. I remember years ago I tossed aside over 5 albums worth of music because I felt it was horrible. I just tossed the compositions and pages of lyrics to the back of my closet and hadn't looked at them since.

Are these all things y'all deal with in terms of relationships, or just life in general?

Life in general for me.

What did you expect

I'm doing my best.. -_-

:blush:

Would you say you're a 'glass half empty kinda guy?

What kinds of things do you get discouraged about?

It's more like I can turn anything into a negative. I can be very self defeating sometimes... which goes hand in hand with getting discouraged. And it also ties in with my lack of patience :asham: But I'm very proud of how far I've come.

I refuse to give anyone (family, friends, associates or whatever) second changes. Once you cross that bridge, I'm blowing it up.

Thats a good trait, and I wish I had been more like that in the past

I've given people second chances, felt sorry for them, and then had my life turned to shit whistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

Archived