What Keeps You Motivated In The Gym ?

Idrag4mj

some nice eye candy is always great to look at in the gym. thats some good motivation. At my gym there is this elderly lady (looks to be in her late 60s, early 70s) and she never misses a workout and looks great for her age. that just inspires me to keep it up and stay healthy just so i can look better than her when im her age. ^_^:rolleyes:

I have a home gym... I don't have time to be around a bunch of thirsty phags.

What motivates me... myself I don't do it to compete with anyone or look a certain way (u get caught up looking at someone that been working out for years it might discourage you) I just know as you get older its important to take care of yourself we won't be young forever... It also helps you feel better too on the inside the fact that you're dedicated to something once you see results you feel better and more confident it also has a way of attracting people to you because they feel your confidence and positive energy. If I don't work out atleast 3-4 times a week I would feel odd now.

What motivates me... myself I don't do it to compete with anyone or look a certain way (u get caught up looking at someone that been working out for years it might discourage you) I just know as you get older its important to take care of yourself we won't be young forever... It also helps you feel better too on the inside the fact that you're dedicated to something once you see results you feel better and more confident it also has a way of attracting people to you because they feel your confidence and positive energy. If I don't work out atleast 3-4 times a week I would feel odd now.

Thank you for this

So everyone says to cut carbs and eat lots of protein.. so what would a typical day's meals be in that case? I'm talking a regular get up early, go to work and come home in the evening type of day. So like, if you cut out bread and pasta what do you replace them with?

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319234101' post='262487]

So everyone says to cut carbs and eat lots of protein.. so what would a typical day's meals be in that case? I'm talking a regular get up early, go to work and come home in the evening type of day. So like, if you cut out bread and pasta what do you replace them with?

i have alot of them at my gym and i mean alot. im one of the few who actually go to the gym to workout and not hook up, but that doesnt stop the queens and dl dudes from trying me. :sigh:

Okay that make sense....i was just going at it..working every part of the body two times a day

Okay..so i will do my legs abs and arms on one day

and then chest on another day..

do you work out too?

Yeah, you're not going to see major results, if any, if you constantly work out every body part like that. You need to let them repair/grow.

Yes, I do work out. :)

The fat folks from the Biggest Loser. There's no way I can let someone who use to be 350+ lbs end up being in better shape than me. :umm:

It came on a couple of times when I was on the treadmill. :lol: That shit made me increase the speed and the incline. :w00t:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319234101' post='262487]

i have alot of them at my gym and i mean alot. im one of the few who actually go to the gym to workout and not hook up, but that doesnt stop the queens and dl dudes from trying me. :sigh:

Yeah I went a few times and tried it... but it was too much of a distraction.. Having the home gym is so much better plus you can work out at anytime in the comfort of ur own home no gym fees or wasting gas money to drive.

Do it a little at a time and up your goals as the months progress... If you try to shock ur system and to some drastic shit you will flop for sure. You're making a life style change people forget this so it will take time to change your habits.

LOL I know about shocking my system - I completely stopped eating crisps (potato chips) for a week and lost 5lbs through the shock :lmao: I used to eat them as part of my lunch.

I need to get in the habit of eating little and often on small stuff - at the moment I go for long periods inbetween meals without eating and then get really hungry.

Yeah I went a few times and tried it... but it was too much of a distraction.. Having the home gym is so much better plus you can work out at anytime in the comfort of ur own home no gym fees or wasting gas money to drive.

i have a home gym, but I get bored easily and need to do other things like swimming and kickboxing :blush:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1319235790' post='262515]

LOL I know about shocking my system - I completely stopped eating crisps (potato chips) for a week and lost 5lbs through the shock :lmao: I used to eat them as part of my lunch.

I need to get in the habit of eating little and often on small stuff - at the moment I go for long periods inbetween meals without eating and then get really hungry.

Archived