Trayvon Martin Is Dead & We Don't Give A F*ck!

ThatOtherFan

Maybe this could fuel a retrial? I hope...

I doubt it... It just proves he is racist (including against his own race). I'm mad this is got revealed after the trial. SMH

He was one of Michael's biggest traitors and deceivers and that will always make me side-eye him, but I'll be damned if he doesn't have some really good sense and commentary sometimes.

I can't stand the very sight of him, but he spoke nothing but truth in this video! He was READING America!

I doubt it... It just proves he is racist (including against his own race). I'm mad this is got revealed after the trial. SMH

I can't stand the very sight of him, but he spoke nothing but truth in this video! He was READING America!

True, and I don't think they can bring up too much of a person's past, if any at all, to a current trial. However, I do think that the f*ing c**ns part of the 911 call could have done so much. I mean it really speaks to his state of mind. The ill-will and maybe even hatred. But even if it was allowed in, the case was mishandled from the start. It isn't right...it isn't fucking right.

Exactly. He's a major prick, but he has his moments oddly enough.

I hate that juror who did the interview with Anderson Cooper. Oh bitch.

She proved that she had no idea what she was talking about and that she must have fallen asleep during parts of the trial.

Meanwhile Rachallah Jeanhova snatched a few wigs on Piers Morgan :excited:

After everybody flooded her and her agent's twitter she has decided to abandon publishing the book. Everybody went in on that ass that's why

she deserved it, talking about she doesn't read the news, now I get it, folks SHOULDN'T believe everything they read, but that's when critical thinking skills come into play, you should still read just don't buy into everything, she using the paper to line bird cages.

That juror on Copper's show, I couldn't with her. "I would trust Zimmerman to be a watch-out in my neighrborhood..long as he didn't go too far like he did" ..well bitch if you have to put conditions on it..then why would u feel comfortable with him doing it?! :blink: She was excusing certain shit..like "ah..well...y'know" type shit...bitch plz

The Rachel interview - it made me like her even more..cuz its far more to her than "attitude" ...I loved it.

That juror on Copper's show, I couldn't with her. "I would trust Zimmerman to be a watch-out in my neighrborhood..long as he didn't go too far like he did" ..well bitch if you have to put conditions on it..then why would u feel comfortable with him doing it?! :blink: She was excusing certain shit..like "ah..well...y'know" type shit...bitch plz

The Rachel interview - it made me like her even more..cuz its far more to her than "attitude" ...I loved it.

As John Fugelsang ‏said on Twitter:

"Juror B37 tried to hide her identity and wound up totally exposing herself."

What did she say about them? I don't think I caught it in the interview.

She called them dumb blondes. lol

I also wanted to say that earlier in this thread, I was reading about the hope of an appeal from the prosecution. The prosecution can't appeal and retry the case. That would constitute as double jeopardy. The next best thing is the civil suit or what the DOJ is doing.

And that juror that interviewed can go fuck herself.

She was calling Zimmerman "Georgie" like she knew him. She just ket saying "someone died" but she rarely mentioned the true victim, Trayvon, by name. I thought that was very telling and that she was telling on heself with that. Then when she said how confusing the law was, she made it sound like they didn't know what else to do because they were too dumb to interpret the law so they put "not guilty."

Black boys denied the right to be young

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-black-boys-denied-the-right-to-be-young/2013/07/15/d3f603d8-ed69-11e2-9008-61e94a7ea20d_story.html

By Eugene Robinson

Justice failed Trayvon Martin the night he was killed. We should be appalled and outraged, but perhaps not surprised, that it failed him again Saturday night, with a verdict setting his killer free.

Our society considers young black men to be dangerous, interchangeable, expendable, guilty until proven innocent. This is the conversation about race that we desperately need to have — but probably, as in the past, will try our best to avoid.

George Zimmerman’s acquittal was set in motion on Feb. 26, 2012, before Martin’s body was cold. When Sanford, Fla., police arrived on the scene, they encountered a grown man who acknowledged killing an unarmed 17-year-old boy. They did not arrest the man or test him for drug or alcohol use. They conducted a less-than-energetic search for forensic evidence. They hardly bothered to look for witnesses.

Only a national outcry forced authorities to investigate the killing seriously. Even after six weeks, evidence was found to justify arresting Zimmerman, charging him with second-degree murder and putting him on trial. But the chance of dispassionately and definitively establishing what happened that night was probably lost. The only complete narrative of what transpired was Zimmerman’s.

Jurors knew that Zimmerman was an overeager would-be cop, a self-appointed guardian of the neighborhood who carried a loaded gun. They were told that he profiled Martin — young, black, hooded sweatshirt — as a criminal. They heard that he stalked Martin despite the advice of a 911 operator; that the stalking led to a confrontation; and that, in the confrontation, Zimmerman fatally shot Martin in the chest.

The jurors also knew that Martin was carrying only a bag of candy and a soft drink. They knew that Martin was walking from a 7-Eleven to the home of his father’s girlfriend when he noticed a strange man in an SUV following him.

To me, and to many who watched the trial, the fact that Zimmerman recklessly initiated the tragic encounter was enough to establish, at a minimum, guilt of manslaughter. The six women on the jury disagreed.

Those jurors also knew that Martin, at the time of his death, was just three weeks past his 17th birthday. But black boys in this country are not allowed to be children. They are assumed to be men, and to be full of menace.

I don’t know if the jury, which included no African Americans, consciously or unconsciously bought into this racist way of thinking — there’s really no other word. But it hardly matters, because police and prosecutors initially did.

The assumption underlying their ho-hum approach to the case was that Zimmerman had the right to self-defense but Martin — young, male, black — did not. The assumption was that Zimmerman would fear for his life in a hand-to-hand struggle but Martin — young, male, black — would not.

If anyone wonders why African Americans feel so passionately about this case, it’s because we know that our 17-year-old sons are boys, not men. It’s because we know their adolescent bravura is just that — an imitation of manhood, not the real thing.

We know how frightened our sons would be, walking home alone on a rainy night and realizing they were being followed. We know how torn they would be between a child’s fear and a child’s immature idea of manly behavior. We know how they would struggle to decide the right course of action, flight or fight.

And we know that a skinny boy armed only with candy, no matter how big and bad he tries to seem, does not pose a mortal threat to a healthy adult man who outweighs him by 50 pounds and has had martial arts training (even if the lessons were mostly a waste of money). We know that the boy may well have threatened the man’s pride but likely not his life. How many murders-by-sidewalk have you heard of recently? Or ever?

The conversation we need to have is about how black men, even black boys, are denied the right to be young, to be vulnerable, to make mistakes. We need to talk about why, for example, black men are no more likely than white men to smoke marijuana but nearly four times as likely to be arrested for it — and condemned to a dead-end cycle of incarceration and unemployment. I call this racism. What do you call it?

Trayvon Martin was fighting more than George Zimmerman that night. He was up against prejudices as old as American history, and he never had a chance.

• Upvote 1

'Stand Your Ground' Laws Expanding Quickly Across U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/stand-your-ground_n_3605495.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

George Zimmerman's defense lawyers did not invoke Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law in his criminal trial, but his "justifiable use" of deadly force, as defined by state courts, likely played a role in the jurors' decision not to convict him of second-degree murder or manslaughter in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Judge Debra Nelson, who presided over the Zimmerman trial, instructed the jurors when dismissing them to deliberate:

"If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force."

Zimmerman's acquittal has unleashed a new wave of outrage over Florida's "Stand Your Ground" legislation and other state laws that extend protections outside the home to those who use deadly weapons in self-defense, often with no requirement they retreat from the perceived threat.

A rash of states have adopted some form of "Stand Your Ground" in the past decade. Like most of these state laws, Florida's grants civil immunity to people found in criminal court to have acted lawfully. The Martin family's lawyer says they are considering a wrongful-death civil suit against Zimmerman, but the law will probably stop this from happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically... The Martins can't file a civil suit and George Zimmerman will not in any way be held accountable for his actions.

I have serious doubt the DOJ will file any charges against him either. I've read that proving Zimmerman violated Trayvon's civil rights will be hard to prove.

SMH......

Is there ANY justice that can come out of this...?

I hope the DOJ goes ahead with the charges. Make his life hell in that sense.

However, I don't know. Zimmerman has so much support from racists conservatives. I think they would try to use it to their advantage if the DOJ went after him.

IMO, that's the REAL hesitation for not going after him on federal charges. It's political.

I hope the DOJ goes ahead with the charges. Make his life hell in that sense.

However, I don't know. Zimmerman has so much support from racists conservatives. I think they would try to use it to their advantage if the DOJ went after him.

IMO, that's the REAL hesitation for not going after him on federal charges. It's political.

I agree, I hope the DOJ goes through with charges, too. At the very least to make a point saying that this kind of thing can't happen and get nothing. I mean with this other case coming up this fall: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/jordan-davis-update-michael-dunn-charged-with-first-degree-murder-trial-scheduled-for-september-23

If it goes the same way the Zimmerman trial went, all hell will break loose.