14 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Alicia Keys album

• Songs In A Minor (2001)
    • The Diary Of Alicia Keys (2003)
    • Unplugged (2005)
    • As I Am (2007)
    • The Element Of Freedom (2009)

alicia-keys.jpg

Had a hard time with deciding to do Alicia, India,or Aaliyah, so I went with the 1 who popped in my mind because she has a new album coming out(Aaliyah's Discog chat will be comin comin Sunday, and India next Weds, and either Rihanna or Maxwell that following Sunday and Weds). Anyway, I really love her, I'ma be real with you guys.....I dont think her songwriting skills deserve all the hype they get (WHICH is not saying they're bad, or that I dont think she's a great lyricists), but I'm happy she does contribute so much of herself in her music, and image, and there's just been so much growth with her as a entertainer and I'm loving it.

Songs in A Minor, when I came to California in 2001 to visit....a song that I had only heard maybe once Detroit by a new singer with braids & beads called Fallen was getting more and more popular, when I came back to Detroit, it was everywhere, and number 1, and everybody and they mama not only knew Alicia Keys but they had that album. I am very familiar with it and love it still do. My standout tracks are Fallen (duh), Women's Worth (duh), How Come You Dont Call Me (GRRRRRRREAT PRINCE COVER), Girlfriend (the lyrics....um...yea not much a fan of em, but I love the song), TROUBLES!!! (LOVE THIS SONG), Rock Wit U, Jane Doe (DUH, AK and KANDI!!! PLEASE! They need to work togetha again), and Lovin U. It wasn't on the album but GANGSTA LOVIN IS MA JAMMMM, I can't believe that song is like 10 yrs old now.

Diary........my fave album, and I consider it her best work to date, ever since You Dont Know My Name, I knew it was good (that song is very much apart of my 2003, and gives me great memories still.....good times). I felt the growth from SIAM, what really get's me with this album is the old school mix with the new sound, I love it. And I think she could've chosen better single choices, I'm honestly not a fan of If I Aint Got You or Diary honestly lol, but aside from You Dont Know My Name (which I think for personal reasons it will always be my fave song from her, hell my 1st kiss was to this song, and it was perfect and fit the song perfectly, with that alone...), but I do love Karma to death, IF I WERE YOUR WOMEN/WALK ON BY!!!! THATS HOW YOU DO REMAKES!!!, heartburn, Dragon Days, Wake Up, So Simple, and When You Really Love Someone.

Unplugged, perfect timing, I remember LITERALLY a few weeks before she dropped Unbreakable thinkin "........I need a new AK song in my life, I'm gettin tired of Ma Boo" and she dropped this song and this album and I was good. I love Unbreakable, but I love Every Little Bit Hurts, Stolen Moments, and Streets of New York more.

As I am, my least favorite AK album to date, I could honestly tell that with the No One, Like I liked it, and Loved the video....but something about it all....I wasnt feelin it. I do love No One, but I dont like Like You'll Never See Me Again, Teenage Love Affair or Superwomen. I do love Go Ahead, Lesson Learned, Wreckless Love (should've been a single), I Need You (should've been a single), and Where Do We Go From Here (I felt/feel like should've been the opening single, that woulda caught ma ass good).

The Element Of Freedom, my 2nd fave album, but started off WRONG, Doesn't Mean Anything was NOT 1st single potential, at all, it's not good enough to open a album, always felt that way, Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart has opening single written all over it, so does Unthinkable (god I love both them songs).....Put it in a love song............... :sigh: ......I KNEW Alicia & Bey would more than likely have a duet 1 day (I predicted that back in like 04)....but even then when I was liking Bey, I said it'd has to be like Fallen, or Me Myself and I, and NOT a "Bey" dance track...... :cry: talk about being let the fuck down, and then they shoot the fuckin video that has the power to make a shitty song tollerable but refuse to release it......NEXT TRACK! Empire state of mind part 2, I like it alot, a whole lot, hell she coulda used that to open the album bank off that #1. I love Wait To You See Me Smile, Love Is Blind (should've been a single), Love is my disease (should've been a single), and Like The Sea (shoulda been a single).

Overall, because of the last 2 albums I have to label her a artist who I cant trust the premiere single as a indication of how I'll like the album, which I guess is a good thing too, cause that means I will be listening to it to be sure. I like that she's not in a box tho, and she's not predictable with her sound or image, you really never know what you're gonna get from her, and even if I'm not feelin it I like that she takes risks and does this stuff her way.

My ranking

1.Diary

2.The Element Of Freedom

3.Songs In A Minor

4.Unplugged

5.As I am

My previous installments of Discography chat

TLC-

Toni Braxton-

Paula Abdul-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue-

Destiny's Child-

Mariah Carey-

Whitney Houston-

Ludacris-

Mary J. Blige- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9148-discography-chat-mary-j-blige/

Jill Scott- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9179-discography-chat-jill-scott/

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/

• Upvote 1

Diary is definitely my favorite album of hers. Solid, no filler. Excellent singles.

Songs is great too, but I have to be in the mood to sit through it. As I Am and Element of Freedom were spotty to me. The latter has two of my favorites though: "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" and "Un-thinkable".

• Upvote 1

Diary is definitely my favorite album of hers. Solid, no filler. Excellent singles.

Songs is great too, but I have to be in the mood to sit through it. As I Am and Element of Freedom were spotty to me. The latter has two of my favorites though: "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" and "Un-thinkable".

Yea I think those 2 songs are definitely in my top 3 of fave songs of hers

I think she has a very consistent sound and evolution through her music.

1. The Element Of Freedom - WOW! "Love Is Blind", "That's How Strong My Love Is", "Like The Sea", "Un-thinkable", "How It Feels To Fly", "Love Is My Disease", and "Try Sleeping" = STRONG tracks!

2. The Diary Of Alicia Keys - I love "You Don't Know My Name", "If I Was Your Woman", "Karma", "Slow Down", "So Simple", "Dragon Days", and especially "Wake Up".

3. Songs In A Minor - I have a lot of favorites, but "Troubles" is one of my favorite songs from her, period.

4. As I Am - "Like You'll Never See Me Again", "Lesson Learned", "Go Ahead", and "Wreckless Love" are the best on here.

5. I have to listen to Unplugged in full, but "Unbreakable" was my jam for over a year.

2001...what a year for me. I won't go into it but I remember being "homeless" so to say and I walked past a TV in the supermarket and this woman was playing the piano and singing beautifully on Top of the Pops. I instantly fell in love. Fallin' has got to be one of the best debut singles ever. I didn't listen to Songs in A Minor until around 2002 but I fucking loved it. It was pure soul. Truly different to what was on the radio then with Destiny's Child, Janet, Madonna and co. The singles were brilliant. I stanned for each of them especially A Womans Worth and Girlfriend! My favourite song on the album is definitely Troubles. I often find myself immersed in the beauty of that song. I feel like it's her "Lonely". That one song that is so hypnotic that it truly makes everything bad feel so much better. A strong debut albeit one I listen to least out of her catalog. I do miss this Alicia, admittedly. Who knew that 10 years later the into to this would become imprinted with a memory of my grandfather. I was in hospital in May visiting him for a week. I was feeding him when all of a sudden he choked on something. The exact moment he started choking, someone played Moonlight Sonata in the 'day room' and it was so loud that the whole ward could hear it. It was then that I was told he would die from this illness. Sadly he passed away on Friday...and this song by Alicia has helped me (once again as you'll see later)

The Diary of Alicia Keys - OMGKSHFS\KJFHSHSIOGHSIOEH!!!! I remember this era vividly. You Don't Know My Name was fucking amazing. As soon as it premiered I downloaded it and put it on a CD and played it everywhere. Everything about it...just snatched me bald. Here was a grown new confident Alicia with more sass. More attitude. And I loved it. If I Ain't Got You is simply stunning. One of the best ballads ever. I remember wanting a "Christmassy" video for that and I somewhat got it with the snow and everything :lol:. When I heard the album for the first time, I loved it more than the first. Karma got me hyped. I just loved Heartburn - it was different for TImbalands usual productions of the time. I would If I Was Your Woman multiple times before moving on to the next. Not a single song on this album disappoints. My favourite is definitely Diary - it's another hypnotic song and the ft with Tony! Toni! Toné! is just magical.]

Unplugged - it was great. I can't speak much about it as it's not one that excites me but her songs truly translate great live...especially Diary!

As I Am - for some reason I was somewhat disappointed with No One. I felt like there was more "shouting" than singing. I was a little scared so to say as to how this would translate for the album. But then came Like You'll Never See Me Again and I was saved. The Prince sounding jam was everything we loved about Alicia. The piano, the gorgeous lyrics, beautiful vocals...an instant fave. The album itself is even better than the previous two imo. Other songs like Superwoman and Lesson Learned are so empowering. But this album will always be linked to one of the most tragic moments in my life. My grandmother passed away in 2008 and the exact moment I found out she passed away, Tell You Something was playing. This is crazy to me because Tell You Something is a song Alicia wrote to her grandmother who had also passed away previous to As I Am. And well it helped me come to terms with it. Thats why I love Alicia so much. She's provided a lot of songs that have become a soundtrack to my life.

The Element of Freedom - the least successful but my favourite. Every song at the time was mirroring my life. I know Doesn't Mean Anything is seen as the poor mans No One, but to me this is SO MUCH BETTER! The lyrics - still coming to term with my grandmothers death - the lyrics made me cry a lot. Then came Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart - a brilliant single choice. The production is hawt! Distance & Time always reminds me of my beloved nieces and nephews who I don't get to see often as they're abroad but I love them so dearly and this song always warms me up. Then there is the bonus that is Pray For Forgiveness - absolutely breathtaking. Unthinkable was the summer song of that year - one of her best songs ever and my favourite single too...it should have been bigger! The hooks on every song were catchy. My one criticism is her singing. At times it felt like she was shouting...much like in As I Am and it's the one thing that people dogged on (aside from her personal life). Anyway, it was with this album that I saw her live and something she said really stuck with me and it made me understand the album even more. She said:

"When I think of the element of freedom, you know I'm thinking about all those people in your life who ever told you that you couldn't, or you shouldn't or you won't. I think about these people and I know that they don't know who you are and they don't know what you can accomplish and so anything and everything that you can dream up in your mind is totally possible and everything that you need is right here inside of you"

Preach it Alicia. Preach it! Lyrically, The Element of Freedom is her best work. My favourite album of hers. And one that I needed. Had it not been for this album then I probably would have committed suicide. Wait Til You See My Smile saved me. The Element of Freedom saved me. Alicia Keys saved me. For every moment in my life, there is an Alicia Keys song.

I am beyond excited for a new Alicia album. I need to be saved again.

• Upvote 3

Pure talent. Talent which extends beyond playing her own instrument. Talent which extends beyond playing her own instrument upside down and backwards (as I saw her do in concert). It's a talent for bringing everything and everyone together. There's something very old world about Alicia Keys. Her perfect marriage of glory-days R&B and modern pop sensibility has been the key to her broad appeal. Every album, every single, there's a touch of class and familiarity rarely expressed by her peers. 'Fallin'' saw her swinging right out the gate. One of the finest debut singles of all time, imo. Although I liken her first era to Beyoncé's in the sense that it was propped up by good singles. Songs In A Minor doesn't do much for me as a long-player. It's just... there. It was more impressive in its heyday, but as a longtime fan of Alicia I think I view it differently these days because I know how much more she's capable of.

The Diary... is exquisite. And I say that as somebody who's never truly loved the album as a whole. I can't fault the single choices (except maybe 'Karma'). 'You Don't Know My Name', with its tinkly Kanye touch, is gorgeous. I used to live for the breakdown when she'd phone "Michael". And then there's 'If I Ain't Got You' which is a modern day classic. I have no other words for it. 'Diary' is so understated and therein lies its appeal. Other faves from the album are 'Heartburn', 'If I Was Your Woman' and 'So Simple'.

As I Am is my favourite Alicia album - and the only one I still play without skipping a track. It was exactly where I wanted her to go without even realising it. The slow pulsing beat of 'No One' sucked me in from first listen. I love how the track builds into its "oh oh oh oh OH" climax, much how I love 'Like You'll Never See Me Again' for the same reason. She mastered the art of the slow burn early on but I can't think of two better examples than those right there. As always her ballads were on point, but I loved the jovial innocence of 'Teenage Love Affair' and determination of 'Where Do We Go From Here' just as much. And whilst it's one of the cheesiest cuts from the last decade, I have a big soft spot 'Superwoman'. Her collaboration with John Mayer is a standout, too. I adore it.

I love The Element Of Freedom. It was the first time we'd seen Alicia on a little shaky ground in terms of sales, but it wasn't a reflection of the album. More a reflection of the lead single. 'Doesn't Mean Anything' is some mighty fine filler, but nobody had the time for a watered-down 'No One'. And as a result, it meant 'Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart' started at a disadvantage. In the '90s you could underperform on your first outing and recover with your second release, but this is the music business in the 21st century and nobody is as forgiving. If 'TSWABH' was the lead single I'm almost certain that era would tell a very different story. Its surging chorus is one of the best from 2009. 'Un-Thinkable' is another one of her best. The contrast between Alicia and Drake's vocals is brilliant, evidenced further on 'Fireworks' from Thank Me Later. Other faves are haunting opener 'Love Is Blind', 'Wait Til You See My Smile' and 'That's How Strong My Love Is'. I was all over 'Put It In a Love Song' for about a week, but I honestly can't even stand the intro to that song anymore, let alone stomach a full three minutes. It makes my skin crawl. :&

Unplugged is one of my faves from the series. Having experienced Alicia in the flesh twice myself it's an album I find myself digging up from time to time. Mostly for her cover of 'Wild Horses', which I dare say is better than the original.

As I said in yesterday's thread, I can't wait for Alicia's next album. What she's proven to me is that she doesn't make bad albums. Maybe some filler, maybe some cringe, but never bad. Her consistency also assures she's very unlikely to buck to current trends. If the hottest producers are on board you know they'll be put to good use (a la Kanye West, Timbaland, Drake), and not simply cashed in. As with P!nk, I've been anticipating this album since the birth of her first child, and I think the break will have done both of them well. In a year when so many of my faves have already released, it's shaping up to be a great second half.

My ranking (studio albums)...

1. As I Am

2. The Element Of Freedom

3. The Diary Of Alicia Keys

4. Songs In A Minor

• Upvote 2

QUEEN Alicejus has NEVER put out a "bad" album. Never. All 4, including the unplugged: SOLID albums. :clapping: That's why i just adore Alicia. I love ALL of her stuff. I can't pick one and say "Oh well i don't like this". Can't. Love em all. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Everyone hates on "As I Slay the Charts" and i don't know why. :mellow::rolleyes: It's not like it's a terrible album. In fact, it's my top fave by her. "Sure looks good to me" >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thats the thing about love>>>>>> Where Do We Slay From Here>>>>>>> Tell you something. >>>>>> The entire damn album >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Her Debut is great. Diary of Alicejus is another fave. AIA...amazing. The Element of Taking Mashonda's husband Freedom....amazing x 2342342! I can't do a from best to worst with Mrs. Keys. I just can't. -_-

Oh and Unplugged is great too! Unbreakable >>>>>> Every little bit hurts >>>>>>> Stolen Moments >>>>>>>>>>

Oh x 2 GURL don't get me started on her unreleased material/or bonus songs. :mellow: Chile:

1. Savior >>>>>

2. Waiting For Ya Love >>>>.

3. Dreaming >>>>> This song is just.... :mellow:

4. Juicy >>>>>>

5. Speechless >>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. Almost There >>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. Lover man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The list goes on...... :coffee:

Bitch slays. :sigh: Deal with it. :sigh::cheers::cheer:

• Upvote 2

Yea we give it love, but it's just not 1 of our mostest favorites, but nobody's saying it's a bad album or era, FOR HER it's a brilliant debut to the world, but she just went further and developed more of her sound

OMG I LOVED READING TE & Bu's stuff, and I love that all 3 of our listings are pretty different. And BU I can so relate to the personal stuff with her, not as deep as you, but yea she gave me alot of really great times where her music was the background too (honestly none more than You Don't Know My name, but that song was fucking everywhere for a good while lol). And @TE...you know I'm 500% with you on if TSWABH was the premiere single to TEOF, that shit woulda snatched the grammys down, and ALOT of time the opening single choice and performance shows how the era will be. Amd Doesn't mean anything isnt even a bad singles choice to me, but it was just a HORRIBLE opening era single choice, TSWABH would've gone to #1 had it been. I think so anyway

QUEEN Alicejus has NEVER put out a "bad" album. Never. All 4, including the unplugged: SOLID albums. :clapping: That's why i just adore Alicia. I love ALL of her stuff. I can't pick one and say "Oh well i don't like this". Can't. Love em all. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Everyone hates on "As I Slay the Charts" and i don't know why. :mellow::rolleyes: It's not like it's a terrible album. In fact, it's my top fave by her. "Sure looks good to me" >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thats the thing about love>>>>>> Where Do We Slay From Here>>>>>>> Tell you something. >>>>>> The entire damn album >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Her Debut is great. Diary of Alicejus is another fave. AIA...amazing. The Element of Taking Mashonda's husband Freedom....amazing x 2342342! I can't do a from best to worst with Mrs. Keys. I just can't. -_-

Oh and Unplugged is great too! Unbreakable >>>>>> Every little bit hurts >>>>>>> Stolen Moments >>>>>>>>>>

Oh x 2 GURL don't get me started on her unreleased material/or bonus songs. :mellow: Chile:

1. Savior >>>>>

2. Waiting For Ya Love >>>>.

3. Dreaming >>>>> This song is just.... :mellow:

4. Juicy >>>>>>

5. Speechless >>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. Almost There >>>>>>>>>>>>>

7. Lover man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The list goes on...... :coffee:

Bitch slays. :sigh: Deal with it. :sigh::cheers::cheer:

I gotta get up on her unreleased stuff, is that all of it available or is there more?

I still haven't gotten around to all of "Element..." besides the singles. I think "Put It In A Flop Duet" kinda turned me off.

OOOOOOH, but Diary & As I Am>>>>>>>>>>

Wreckless Love, I Need You, Go Ahead, Teenage..., You Don't Know..., Heartburn, If I Ain't Got You (including the "remix"), Slow Down, Karma>>>>>>>

But Diary remains my favorite song from her.

I still haven't gotten around to all of "Element..." besides the singles. I think "Put It In A Flop Duet" kinda turned me off.

OOOOOOH, but Diary & As I Am>>>>>>>>>>

Wreckless Love, I Need You, Go Ahead, Teenage..., You Don't Know..., Heartburn, If I Ain't Got You (including the "remix"), Slow Down, Karma>>>>>>>

But Diary remains my favorite song from her.

Yea I think Put it in a shitty song is the only thing about TEOF I dont like

As I Am is my favorite. I always find it funny that most people I know don't like that album, but it's my have from her. I didn't really care for her before that. I only used "Karma", "Never Felt This Way" and "Butterflyz" before that. I hated all of her singles and that long ass phone call in "You Don't Know My Name"

What are the good tracks from that album? I'ma go take a listen to them real quick.

Doesn't Mean Anythingm (1 of my faves by her PERIOD)

Unthinkable (1 of my faves by her period)

Empire state of mind part 2

I love Wait To You See Me Smile

Love Is Blind

Love is my disease

Like The Sea

Love is my disease

Are my picks, you got folks that'll obviously say the whole album, I think this album has the least filler, but I prefer Diary more.

I really like Alicia, she's one of the most talented of her generation - a true R&B artist. One thing I love about her is she is all about the music, never trying to cause controversy for attention or anything like that. Now to the discography...

Her debut Songs In A Minor gets my vote. Dang, I'm the only one (*rebel* :P) The main highlights for me are the O.D.B.-based "Girlfriend" (should've been a bigger hit), her signature song "Fallin'" of course, her remake of Prince's "How Come You Don't Call Me," and the underated gem that is "Rock Wit U"! :blush: The latter is such a musically rich tune; I can really feel the hustle and bustle of the city. Several other great moments as well, but these are the 4 that really do it for me.

R&B was such a dominant force from about 2003 to 2005 and Alicia was one of the greatest contributors in that period with The Diary of Alicia Keys. All the singles are on the point - oh and "Heartburn" too! ^_^ "You Don't Know My Name" was a good concept, "If I Ain't Got You" was inescapable, "Karma" - the violins really give it that extra energy, and my all-time favorite AK song would have to be "Diary."

I kinda lost interest around As I Am. "No One" was just meh to me - probably just too pop crossover for my liking. I liked the "Teenage Love Affair (Remix)" with LL Cool J though - I discovered that later.

However, she won me back with TEOF (kinda looks like TEOM's twin :P) - probably my 2nd favorite album - or 3rd, it's really close. She definitely changed up her sound, the album infuses subtle elements from other genres, and it works out great. "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart," "Empire State of Mind (Part II)," "Un-Thinkable," "Wait Til You See My Smile" and "This Bed" are my favs here.

I'm interested to see what her next move musicwise will be. Oh yeah, I haven't heard the live album but I know "Unbreakable."

My ranking (+ favorite song, one "extrapolation" lol)

1. Songs In A Minor ("Girlfriend")

2. The Diary of Alicia Keys ("Diary")

3. The Element of Freedom ("Empire State of Mind (Part II)")

4. As I Am ("Teenage Love Affair")

I really like Alicia, she's one of the most talented of her generation - a true R&B artist. One thing I love about her is she is all about the music, never trying to cause controversy for attention or anything like that. Now to the discography...

Her debut Songs In A Minor gets my vote. Dang, I'm the only one (*rebel* :P) The main highlights for me are the O.D.B.-based "Girlfriend" (should've been a bigger hit), her signature song "Fallin'" of course, her remake of Prince's "How Come You Don't Call Me," and the underated gem that is "Rock Wit U"! :blush: The latter is such a musically rich tune; I can really feel the hustle and bustle of the city. Several other great moments as well, but these are the 4 that really do it for me.

R&B was such a dominant force from about 2003 to 2005 and Alicia was one of the greatest contributors in that period with The Diary of Alicia Keys. All the singles are on the point - oh and "Heartburn" too! ^_^ "You Don't Know My Name" was a good concept, "If I Ain't Got You" was inescapable, "Karma" - the violins really give it that extra energy, and my all-time favorite AK song would have to be "Diary."

I kinda lost interest around As I Am. "No One" was just meh to me - probably just too pop crossover for my liking. I liked the "Teenage Love Affair (Remix)" with LL Cool J though - I discovered that later.

However, she won me back with TEOF (kinda looks like TEOM's twin :P) - probably my 2nd favorite album - or 3rd, it's really close. She definitely changed up her sound, the album infuses subtle elements from other genres, and it works out great. "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart," "Empire State of Mind (Part II)," "Un-Thinkable," "Wait Til You See My Smile" and "This Bed" are my favs here.

I'm interested to see what her next move musicwise will be. Oh yeah, I haven't heard the live album but I know "Unbreakable."

My ranking (+ favorite song, one "extrapolation" lol)

1. Songs In A Minor ("Girlfriend")

2. The Diary of Alicia Keys ("Diary")

3. The Element of Freedom ("Empire State of Mind (Part II)")

4. As I Am ("Teenage Love Affair")

Thanks to you I'll be discovering that now lol. Thats a case where the song really didnt do jack for me when I 1st heard it, but me being the mega School Daze fan I am, the video gave me so much life, and the BET awards performance where she had ma queens of EV & TLC with her, she did the damn thing with that, I think thats my fave performance of hers to this day.

I gotta get up on her unreleased stuff, is that all of it available or is there more?

Their is more....get intew it! B) I had to go looking for most of it on yewtube....it's all on there! I don't think i've uncovered half of her unreleased stuff. -_-

Most of Alicia's best stuff to me, is her unreleased stuff! She left a lot of good goooood stuff off her albums. :sigh::umm: "Savior"..."Waiting for your love".....are "bonus" songs from "As I Am". Def get into "Savior"...i love it. :thumbup::excited:

NO SHE DID NOT GIVE THIS MOTOWN BOY SOME GOOD ASS MOTOWN OMG OMG!!! SAVIOR IS THE SHIT, THATS THE BEST SONG OF THE WHOLE AS I AM ERA (IMO) OMG!

OK, so I gotta hop on the rest of her unreleased.

I def like savior more than Waitin on your love, but it's good

Dreaming is giving me sooooo much life

NO SHE DID NOT DO 1 OF MY FAVE SONGS FROM MJ!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG AND SHE DID IT RIGHT (I do prefer his, but I cant see any women doing better than this...maybe Janet, but thats not here or there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cArWUg45P2M