The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

They' aren't pushing Wildest Dreams just yet. They sent it to radio, but the focus is still behind PID. I think when PID peaks, they will shift focus and hopefully release a new song to urban.

Uh, I hope she steps it up, because Wildest Dreams aint gon have the hood rats by their muffin waists the way Put it down does, because Wildest Dreams is a quality song, she's gotta actually work harder today to sell it, it's not the 90's where quality was popular sadly. So she can do it but it's just is she willing to?

:lmao: If you're calling PID a hit... I'm gonna scream

It's a hit on the R&B charts, so it counts for something.

I don't know why you all keep responding to Game. I guess he's bored in Pink's thread

they keep responding because they're not in their own little delusional world where it's (oddly enough) 1997.

it's boring talking about the success of P!nk :yawn:

It's a hit on the R&B charts, so it counts for something.

:unsure: I guess.. it peaked at #11... maybe if it were the top 5 or even 10... i would consider it to be an "R&B hit" but that's just me

they keep responding because they're not in their own little delusional world where it's (oddly enough) 1997.

it's boring talking about the success of P!nk :yawn:

:unsure: I guess.. it peaked at #11... maybe if it were the top 5 or even 10... i would consider it to be an "R&B hit" but that's just me

I thought PID did get to the top 10. Didn't know it didn't, shoot I get my info on that song from here and no place else lol.

That's the person's whose last three cd's sound the same?

you must be confused... see P!nk writes all her lyrics soo you probably THINK they sound similar... but that's kind of what happens when a real artist writes about their real life... instead of being a barbie of the music industry... or a cabbage patch doll in many cases...

P!nk's songs can't interchange from album to album... unlike musicians who are handed sheet/lyrics music and are told to sing's albums...

tumblr_m1155kmYQC1qis6bco1_r1_500.gif

you must be confused... see P!nk writes all her lyrics soo you probably THINK they sound similar... but that's kind of what happens when a real artist writes about their real life... instead of being a barbie of the music industry... or a cabbage patch doll in many cases...

P!nk's songs can't interchange from album to album... unlike musicians who are handed sheet/lyrics music and are told to sing's albums...

tumblr_m1155kmYQC1qis6bco1_r1_500.gif

lol... Nope, they do sound the same and I know plenty of people that say the same. Let's take this to Pink's thread because I want you to describe how different each album sounds

I thought PID did get to the top 10. Didn't know it didn't, shoot I get my info on that song from here and no place else lol.

It might get to the top 10 next week. It rose to #11 this week.

Fun fact:

Beyonce's Dance for You just reached the top 10 with no promo. :shifty:

The song was never sent to Pop. It seems her focus is just the urban market. I guess she's trying to get her core audience back first

Oh I keep forgetting :lol:.

I just got this from mediabase

09.23.12 MEDIABASEURBAN

7(LW) 6(TW) BRANDY Put It Down f/Chris Brown (RCA) 3098(Total Play) 2719(TP LW) 379(=/-plays) 21.610(total audience mil) 15(weeks on chart)

What about the Hot 100? Have her pop spins gone up?

RCA isn't gonna send it to pop because they know pop isn't going to play it. It would have to do amazing at urban for them to see potential in it and although its doing okay its not blowing up. At the end of the day Brandy is a R&B artist past her prime. She's lucky to be getting the exposure that she is. She's doing better than most thought she would.

• Upvote 2

RCA isn't gonna send it to pop because they know pop isn't going to play it. It would have to do amazing at urban for them to see potential in it and although its doing okay its not blowing up. At the end of the day Brandy is a R&B artist past her prime. She's lucky to be getting the exposure that she is. She's doing better than most thought she would.

She definitely is doing better than what I thought she would too tbh. I thought PID would flop badly (and I like it) but the fact it even got on the Hot 100 took me by surprise.

Nothing but the truth. :yep:

Plus, I heard it cost $100,000 to send a song to pop. With her being on a joint deal (RCA and Chameleon) I wonder how that works out