The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

I like all of her albums. Each song means something to me. I don't think she's ever put out a bad album but sadly like a lot of artists single choices hinder the success of albums however that's been discussed already. She's never disappointed me musically until now...kind of. I just feel underwhelmed but having said that I love Put It Down and I love Wildest Dream as well as the other two songs that have been released. It's just inferior to what she's capable of. I think...what helped was that there was always a "theme" so to say or something major going on around the time of a Brandy album. Brandy was the debut...NSN - well there was Moesha and The Boy Is Mine. Full Moon - comeback, Moesha cancelled, she'd gotten "married" and was pregnant. Afrodisiac - "divorced", brand new person etc. Human - her first release since the whole accident thing. The music always reflected what she was going through in some ways and I could relate to it. This time she's in love and is showing it in her music, I'm not in love and I can't relate :lol: and that's why I'm not appreciating the music as much as I used to - not that it's bad music because I love it...but I just can't relate. That's not her fault though.

I was more talking about the tone of R&B/Pop Brandy vs. R&B/Rap Brandy. Talk about has the tone of a of a R&B song, not a rap 1, tho it features a rapper, PID's and that song she dropped a few days ago have the tones of not only rap songs but what every rap or R&B/rap artist is releasing today.

YUP. You raise my expectations once, no matter how many years ago, I'll hold you to that expectation, and in my opinion her last great 1 was in 02 (the "3" was a typo for her previous albums I was downing, it was specifically her last 2 that I didnt think were great). Theres Janet fans (I don't think here, but more than a few on The Xone) who say Janet's last great album & era was 97, should we just abandon hope on her based on those opinions?

Ohhh I didn't hear her latest leaks.. I'll wait until this week for the entire album

I hold the expectations of the previous album.. Not my favorite... Those opinions aren't my own though and Janet > brandy on every scale there is to compare between the two

I didn't say she couldn't tweet.. But her tweet is as irrelevant as Mitt Romney's math skills

If Toni's tweets are irrelevant who's been in the biz and was a reigning diva during the 90's, then your opinion is even less relevant. I'll take Toni for $200 Alex, please.

Man I Can Not Wait To Get This CD!!!

And "Let Me Go" Was A Big Hit This Weekend For Dallas Black Pride

So Many People Were Like Where Can I Get That Song I Was Like PreOrder The CD On Itunes LOL

Yeah, people are really feeling that song

Yeah, people are really feeling that song

Man the Starz ran up on my ass asking me how did i get that song and do i have the album and how come mine was in a better quality than the youtube version. but yeah it sounded soooooo good in the club sped up a lil bit of course. they guys and girls were both feeling it. im so glad she has more than two songs i can play at the club and people like. im soooo ready for this cd

Man the Starz ran up on my ass asking me how did i get that song and do i have the album and how come mine was in a better quality than the youtube version. but yeah it sounded soooooo good in the club sped up a lil bit of course. they guys and girls were both feeling it. im so glad she has more than two songs i can play at the club and people like. im soooo ready for this cd

It's been told that there's only one other "club song" on the album on the deluxe edition but don't know how true that is.

It's been told that there's only one other "club song" on the album on the deluxe edition but don't know how true that is.

Shoot i dont even care if there is any more, i only need maybe one more anyway. shoot human had nothing i could play in the clubs so im happy with these two and there is always remixes that can be made to the non club singles lol. im so ready to buy this cd. already did itunes but i want to go out n buy it too

Shoot i dont even care if there is any more, i only need maybe one more anyway. shoot human had nothing i could play in the clubs so im happy with these two and there is always remixes that can be made to the non club singles lol. im so ready to buy this cd. already did itunes but i want to go out n buy it too

A lot of the ballads will still have heavy bass lines though. That's what people who have heard the album say

ugh no more of these club bangers now...i tried and tried but just cant get into let me go

I want more, I'm tired of people wanting her to sing the same kind of songs she did in the 90's. Like Brandy said, if you want that old sound, go listen to her old albums

ugh no more of these club bangers now...i tried and tried but just cant get into let me go

I'm not here for "let me go either". I love NSTATL and PID and WD is growing on me. I wish she had used a few other producers because it seems that sean and bangladesh have the majority of the album on lock.

I want more, I'm tired of people wanting her to sing the same kind of songs she did in the 90's. Like Brandy said, if you want that old sound, go listen to her old albums

not wanting club bangers and 90's brandy are 2 different things! i love PID but this let me go...no thanks...you can try new things thats fine but dont stray too far away from what made you who you are

• Upvote 1

You mean... substantial music? Music that does not have the same tired beat that everyone else is using. Again, why that saying makes no since, it's about the quality, Brandy and her music tho R&B was universal, but 2 of those released songs seems to be strictly for the hoodrats and nobody else. And no matter how successful she gets by doing that type of music, she's limiting herself and alienating demographics who expect better from her.

"Strictly for the hood rats", yet I can pull up plenty of Youtube videos of Becky and Caitlin bopping to both of those songs.

Wether you like it or not, Brandy has all of you talking about it. Two Eleven, Oct 16. Go get your copy.