The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

RCA isn't gonna send it to pop because they know pop isn't going to play it. It would have to do amazing at urban for them to see potential in it and although its doing okay its not blowing up. At the end of the day Brandy is a R&B artist past her prime. She's lucky to be getting the exposure that she is. She's doing better than most thought she would.

that's EXACTLY what I've been saying for 40 pages!!!

that's EXACTLY what I've been saying for 40 pages!!!

Actually, no you have not. :mellow:

Yes, you've highlighted that you think she's past her prime, which you enjoyed saying once a page. Then you went on to basically trash her every time some one highlighted something positive about her. You have basically been a continuous nuisance, getting a hard on from what you consider her failure. You have not given her any type of credit, so please don't try and cosign my comment as validation of your imaginary thought process. You claim we have extreme delusions of grander in regards to brandy, when nothing in this thread is more extreme than YOUR redundancy, viviousness and immaturity. You need to find an open field and have a indian style seat. :coffee:

• Upvote 2

Yes, you've highlighted that you think she's past her prime, which you enjoyed saying once a page. Then you went own to basically trash her every time some one highlighted something positive about her. You have basically been a continuous nuisance, getting a hard on from what you consider her failure. You have not given her any type of credit, so please don't try and cosign my comment as validation of your imaginary thought process. You claim we have extreme delusions of grander in regards to brandy, when nothing in this thread is more extreme than YOUR redundancy, viviousness and immaturity. You need to find an open field and have a indian style seat. :coffee:

Well you just scalped. -_-

Yes, you've highlighted that you think she's past her prime, which you enjoyed saying once a page. Then you went own to basically trash her every time some one highlighted something positive about her. You have basically been a continuous nuisance, getting a hard on from what you consider her failure. You have not given her any type of credit, so please don't try and cosign my comment as validation of your imaginary thought process. You claim we have extreme delusions of grander in regards to brandy, when nothing in this thread is more extreme than YOUR redundancy, viviousness and immaturity. You need to find an open field and have a indian style seat. :coffee:

:clapping: BRAVO

I been saying the same thing you said above on page one. That's a fact.. Just because you said in a without malice doesn't mean it's different.

What credit should I give her? Wow!!! Top ten on the R&B charts!!!! Wow!!! So amazing... Top 80 hit on Hot 100!!!!! Don't call it a comeback!!!

Wtf.. FACT: She hasn't accomplish anything worth bragging about... Nothing that's solid... Nothing that we all will remember by Jan 2013

FACT: you agreed with me with your statement. You called her a hasBean... I know it's hard agreeing with me.. But despite my ways of argument... You agreed. So come sit with me.. Indian style (those that's hateful terminology that schools no longer use)

I been saying the same thing you said above on page one. That's a fact.. Just because you said in a without malice doesn't mean it's different.

What credit should I give her? Wow!!! Top ten on the R&B charts!!!! Wow!!! So amazing... Top 80 hit on Hot 100!!!!! Don't call it a comeback!!!

Wtf.. FACT: She hasn't accomplish anything worth bragging about... Nothing that's solid... Nothing that we all will remember by Jan 2013

FACT: you agreed with me with your statement. You called her a hasBean... I know it's hard agreeing with me.. But despite my ways of argument... You agreed. So come sit with me.. Indian style (those that's hateful terminology that schools no longer use)

FACT: You're mad. :wave:

Yes, you've highlighted that you think she's past her prime, which you enjoyed saying once a page. Then you went on to basically trash her every time some one highlighted something positive about her. You have basically been a continuous nuisance, getting a hard on from what you consider her failure. You have not given her any type of credit, so please don't try and cosign my comment as validation of your imaginary thought process. You claim we have extreme delusions of grander in regards to brandy, when nothing in this thread is more extreme than YOUR redundancy, viviousness and immaturity. You need to find an open field and have a indian style seat. :coffee:

ihnFOXYWrHXIm.gif

• Upvote 4

For the first time in over 10 years, Brandy returns to the top 10 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The singer's "Put It Down" (featuring Chris Brown), rises 11-5 this week and marks Brandy's tenth top 10 and first since "What About Us?" peaked at No. 3 in 2002.

The new single previews the R&B singer's upcoming album "Two Eleven," due out Oct. 16 on Chameleon/RCA Records.

• Upvote 1

R&B singer Brandy has defied the odds with her latest single, using her iconic vocals -- and yes, a little help from soul crooner and part-time rapper Chris Brown -- to snag a top 10 spot on the Billboard charts.

The songstress told Billboard she wanted to shock people with her new sound and the risk is paying off.

Brandy's single "Put It Down" jumped six spots to No. 5 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart this week, making it her first top ten single on the chart in 10 years. Her last hit on the chart was 2002s "What About Us?" The song peaked at No. 3.

After a four-year hiatus from music, the news was a triumphant moment for the singer who tweeted, "I can't lie - at one point I thought it was over for me in music but God had another plan thank you Father!"

The track is the lead single off of the singer's sixth studio album Two Eleven. This will be her first project since 2009's critical and chart failure Human, an album Brandy says wasn't a true definition of her as an artist.

I believe a lot of the songs on that album have inspired some of the fans," she told OUT Magazine. "But, where I felt creatively. it could've gone and the space I was in creatively, I needed everybody around me to be in that same space."

But with a move to RCA/Chamelon Records -- she parted from Epic records in 2009 -- Brandy says she is excited about her new sound and her new team.

"This project means so much to me. I've worked very hard on it. I feel like I have found that right place and the right people are in my life to help me fulfill this dream that I've had for a while."

The album will include production by Bangladesh, Jim Jonsin, Timbaland, and Sean Garrett. A duet with Frank Ocean is only on deck.

Brandy focused solely on the music with this project, telling Rap-Up Magazine the album is "just an R&B album, a rhythm and blues album. That's what it is. No gimmicks, real R&B music."

The "Put It Down" video premiered in July and has been viewed over 10 million times on YouTube since its release.

Two Eleven will hit store shelves on October 16.

Huffington Post

I hope Brandy is shooting the video for "Wildest Dreams" now because that needs to be OUT by the time the album comes out (or before).

I agree if the plan is to really support Wildest Dream. What I would prefer is that they leave Wildest Dreams as a radio single and shoot the video for the next song. I want another uptempo or killer ballad for the winter time

I hope Brandy is shooting the video for "Wildest Dreams" now because that needs to be OUT by the time the album comes out (or before).

I like "WD" as a song, but I don't see it as strong enough to be a single. To be honest, PID is only now starting to take off. I don't think it will have peaked by the time the album is released. i would like to hear the rest of the album before I decide on the next single. Who knows, if the song with her and Frank is hot, she could piggyback off his momentum and they could both benefit.

I agree if the plan is to really support Wildest Dream. What I would prefer is that they leave Wildest Dreams as a radio single and shoot the video for the next song. I want another uptempo or killer ballad for the winter time

I like "WD" as a song, but I don't see it as strong enough to be a single. To be honest, PID is only now starting to take off. I don't think it will have peaked by the time the album is released. i would like to hear the rest of the album before I decide on the next single. Who knows, if the song with her and Frank is hot, she could piggyback off his momentum and they could both benefit.

Yeah, WD isn't a strong second single. I hope she has some promo planned BEFORE the album comes out and not just the week of. The Frank Ocean song is a good idea.