The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

Why are you worried. Have you not heard Wildest Dream and No Such Thing As Too Late. If you aren't here for the knock, she will have her ballads and mids. She's just trying to show the diversity the album will have.

I'm resuming being nervous because there are 4 songs available that will be on the album, 2 songs I like (1of the 2 IWD, I consider 1 of her best) 2 of the I don't like (1 of thenm I consider 1 of her worst). Based on what is available it's a 50/50 chance that I'll love this album or consider it her worst, ONLY going off of the 4 songs out now.

I'm resuming being nervous because there are 4 songs available that will be on the album, 2 songs I like (1of the 2 IWD, I consider 1 of her best) 2 of the I don't like (1 of thenm I consider 1 of her worst). Based on what is available it's a 50/50 chance that I'll love this album or consider it her worst, ONLY going off of the 4 songs out now.

Okay.

Don't you let me go, let me go tonight gif2520menina2520dan25C325A7ando.gif

Fall, Piano Man, 1st n luv >>>>> anything I've heard from this album so far!

really?I guess you like pop Brandy but I'm loving her over these more aggressive beats. I'm happy she's trying something new and not repeating the same sound she's done before. She's always delivered great albums, so I don't know why people are doubting her now

really?I guess you like pop Brandy but I'm loving her over these more aggressive beats. I'm happy she's trying something new and not repeating the same sound she's done before. She's always delivered great albums, so I don't know why people are doubting her now

DING DING DING, R&B/POP Brandy SLAYS THE LIVING FUCK outta R&B/Rap Brandy, with no effort. She's trying something new (that I'll give her) but the over agressive beats are what everybody else does. I expect that with artist below Brandy's quality and diverse range like Keyshia Cole, Beyonce, Ciara, & Ashanti. But with Brandy, I expect better, my quality expectation with her is more than all the musical lessors I just named. I never felt like she always delivered great albums, GOOD albums yes, but the latter 3 are also of a lessor quality to me personally. Im wanting this album to be better than both of them, and like I said abobe, as of right now, it's 50/50.... That aint good enough for me to remove all doubt.

DING DING DING, R&B/POP Brandy SLAYS THE LIVING FUCK outta R&B/Rap Brandy, with no effort. She's trying something new (that I'll give her) but the over agressive beats are what everybody else does. I expect that with artist below Brandy's quality and diverse range like Keyshia Cole, Beyonce, Ciara, & Ashanti. But with Brandy, I expect better, my quality expectation with her is more than all the musical lessors I just named. I never felt like she always delivered great albums, GOOD albums yes, but the latter 3 are also of a lessor quality to me personally. Im wanting this album to be better than both of them, and like I said abobe, as of right now, it's 50/50.... That aint good enough for me to remove all doubt.

Well, different strokes for different folks.

On the other hand. Toni Braxton showed Bran some love on Twitter

e9f3it.jpg

:umm: really? because that song with Kanye West came out in 2004... it was R&B/Rap... i don't think she's trying anything new...

:blink: she hasn't delivered a great album since 1997 and you expect her to do better than someone who had a great album past the the year 2000?

Brandy's had rappers on her songs before that. lol... Brandy didn't even want that song with Kanye as the first single, the label did and if you actually listened to Afrodisiac, that album is so far from R&B/Rap.

Yeah yeah.. we know she doesn't have creative control... thanx for proving my much earlier point :)

the point is.. nothing on 911 is "new" to Brandy...

that song with Kanye is her most popular rapper-collabo though.. and her 3rd single to have a featuring rapper... her fourth, PID

:umm: really? because that song with Kanye West came out in 2004... it was R&B/Rap... i don't think she's trying anything new...

:blink: she hasn't delivered a great album since 1997 and you expect her to do better than someone who had a great album past the the year 2000?

I was more talking about the tone of R&B/Pop Brandy vs. R&B/Rap Brandy. Talk about has the tone of a of a R&B song, not a rap 1, tho it features a rapper, PID's and that song she dropped a few days ago have the tones of not only rap songs but what every rap or R&B/rap artist is releasing today.

YUP. You raise my expectations once, no matter how many years ago, I'll hold you to that expectation, and in my opinion her last great 1 was in 02 (the "3" was a typo for her previous albums I was downing, it was specifically her last 2 that I didnt think were great). Theres Janet fans (I don't think here, but more than a few on The Xone) who say Janet's last great album & era was 97, should we just abandon hope on her based on those opinions?