The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

"Strictly for the hood rats", yet I can pull up plenty of Youtube videos of Becky and Caitlin bopping to both of those songs.

Wether you like it or not, Brandy has all of you talking about it. Two Eleven, Oct 16. Go get your copy.

LOL um sadly it wouldnt take away that it's hood rat music, Meaning if anyone of any race can have hood rat taste. Hell Keyshia Cole does have white fans. Hoodrat dont equal = "100%black & living in the hood". It equals hood rat taste, and theres black, white, hispanic, Asian, gay and straight men & women with hodrat taste. Get it right.

LOFL....does it sound like I dont want to talk about her? Hell does it sound like I want her to have a 3rd flop album in a row? Yet I'd like even more to talk about being excited about this era and that Im confident that this era will be among her best, but I cant just lie. I'll only buy it if I approve the download. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

I'm still laughing at the fact that you all consider PID hoodrat music. lol... Was Nelly's "Big Hoops" considered hoodrat music too?

She has stated that she's going after the Urban market. Maybe this cd isn't for you. You can't wait another 4 years for the next one, I'll be bopping to this one in the meantime

2mfejir.jpg

Write up from VH1

Artists love sampling their favorite Swedish singer Lykke Li, the latest being Brandy. As Brandy prepares for the October 16th release of Two Eleven the R&B singer released “Let Me Go” from what’s considered B’s anticipated comeback album. Immediately a mash up of Lykke’s Li’s “Tonight” plays with an added flare thanks to Bangladesh who produced the single. The soft melody over guitar strings and minimum drum beat on the original is now a faster, more bass heavy version.

Brandy’s uptempo “Let Me Go” has a crazy infectious drum pattern. Lately she’s been crooning all over tracks with more sexual lyrics than we’re used to. “Love your cocky talk damn your denims/Make me wanna act like I just can’t remember/If mama saw that side of me/She would be on twitter saying/You know I didn’t raise you that way.” The vocals are strong, as usual, and Bran has tapped into the “it” factor she always had. Doing it her way–musically–sounds like what R&B’s been missing. And what we’ve missed hearing from Brandy.

I'm still laughing at the fact that you all consider PID hoodrat music. lol... Was Nelly's "Big Hoops" considered hoodrat music too?

She has stated that she's going after the Urban market. Maybe this cd isn't for you. You can't wait another 4 years for the next one, I'll be bopping to this one in the meantime

2mfejir.jpg

Have you heard that beat? Not to mention nearly everything Chris Brown is involved in is low hoodrat quality (same for Sean Garrett most times). The title alone answers that question

It dont bother me that much that she's only going after the urban audience (tho I don't think thats a smart move to make when you are someone who has crossed over and with the write types of songs probably could again), she didn't have to abandon quality like she did with PID & Let Me go. She could've done so much better, and Wildest Dreams is proof of that. Theres classy/classic R&B still being done these days that don't qualify as Hoodrat, but Brandy went straight for that sound, and I don't like that. Well thats good for you, but I don't have the luxary of thinking anything she does is amazing, no artist has that pass with me, but if it works for you then keep on bopping, I'll keep skipping.

• Upvote 2

Have you heard that beat? Not to mention nearly everything Chris Brown is involved in is low hoodrat quality (same for Sean Garrett most times). The title alone answers that question

It dont bother me that much that she's only going after the urban audience (tho I don't think thats a smart move to make when you are someone who has crossed over and with the write types of songs probably could again), she didn't have to abandon quality like she did with PID & Let Me go. She could've done so much better, and Wildest Dreams is proof of that. Theres classy/classic R&B still being done these days that don't qualify as Hoodrat, but Brandy went straight for that sound, and I don't like that. Well thats good for you, but I don't have the luxary of thinking anything she does is amazing, no artist has that pass with me, but if it works for you then keep on bopping, I'll keep skipping.

shes not going straight for that sound, she's mixing it up, every song doesn't have to be classy/classic R&B it's not a bad thing if she wants to mess with different sounds, she can't please everyone, and why should she not make a few songs to be played in the clubs?

shes not going straight for that sound, she's mixing it up, every song doesn't have to be classy/classic R&B it's not a bad thing if she wants to mess with different sounds, she can't please everyone, and why should she not make a few songs to be played in the clubs?

But the clubs dont ONLY play those types of songs, or the techno sound, she could have a club banger without it sounding that low grade she's had HOT dance tracks since album #1, and most of them had great quality and substance but this era ugh. Bottomline she could've come out with a hot club track that sounded better than that, I FULLY beleive that. Because of her.

Baaad example

I like all of her albums. Each song means something to me. I don't think she's ever put out a bad album but sadly like a lot of artists single choices hinder the success of albums however that's been discussed already. She's never disappointed me musically until now...kind of. I just feel underwhelmed but having said that I love Put It Down and I love Wildest Dream as well as the other two songs that have been released. It's just inferior to what she's capable of. I think...what helped was that there was always a "theme" so to say or something major going on around the time of a Brandy album. Brandy was the debut...NSN - well there was Moesha and The Boy Is Mine. Full Moon - comeback, Moesha cancelled, she'd gotten "married" and was pregnant. Afrodisiac - "divorced", brand new person etc. Human - her first release since the whole accident thing. The music always reflected what she was going through in some ways and I could relate to it. This time she's in love and is showing it in her music, I'm not in love and I can't relate :lol: and that's why I'm not appreciating the music as much as I used to - not that it's bad music because I love it...but I just can't relate. That's not her fault though.

I'm not and never have been, but I can relate, because that's precisely how I will feel if or when it happens.

I can listen to "Wildest Dreams" and "No Such Thing As Too Legendary" over and over and over. I don't have nearly the same urge with "Put It Down" and definitely not "Let Me Go." The latter song she could of given Kelly Rowland.

• Upvote 1

I can listen to "Wildest Dreams" and "No Such Thing As Too Legendary" over and over and over. I don't have nearly the same urge with "Put It Down" and definitely not "Let Me Go." The latter song she could of given Kelly Rowland.

See, I find No Such THings As Too Late to be so boring. It's basic Rico Love. Yes, Brandy is singing but it's nothing new for her. I'm exciting for her to try something new. The deluxe edition has 15 songs, you don't like two, that still leaves 13 more for you to enjoy. Though I will say Rico Love has about 4 songs on the album so I'll probably be skipping those. He is so basic and generic

See, I find No Such THings As Too Late to be so boring. It's basic Rico Love. Yes, Brandy is singing but it's nothing new for her. I'm exciting for her to try something new. The deluxe edition has 15 songs, you don't like two, that still leaves 13 more for you to enjoy. Though I will say Rico Love has about 4 songs on the album so I'll probably be skipping those. He is so basic and generic[/s]

so then you understand what Im saying about PID & LMG :thumbup:

See, I find No Such THings As Too Late to be so boring. It's basic Rico Love. Yes, Brandy is singing but it's nothing new for her. I'm exciting for her to try something new. The deluxe edition has 15 songs, you don't like two, that still leaves 13 more for you to enjoy. Though I will say Rico Love has about 4 songs on the album so I'll probably be skipping those. He is so basic and generic

Let Me Go isnt exactly bringing anything new to the table. Her vocal on NSTATL is just EPIC. I dont know how else to describe it. I like PID just not as much as the other two. I already pre-ordered the album.

Everything ain't for everybody. And I'm actually glad that she is doing different things on this album. Nobody want to keep hearing the same old thing over and over from an artist. The thing is some people want her to do an album full of slow songs showcasing her vocals or songs like wildest dreams. The fact is i think they are actually doing the best thing right now by mixing it up. It's best to tap into diff markets. I know for a fact alot of the stations that have been playing Put It Down would not play Wildest Dreams nowhere near as much. And vice versa. Shoot that's why alot of r&b artist can't even make the top of the r&b charts because they limit their self to one sound an entire album. You have to be able to get the interest of different age groups with your album and that normally takes a mix of music. And those who hated on Put It Down fail to see this is one of the 1st songs she had in awhile with a good radio and club response.

Two Eleven In Stores Oct 16th :cheers:

EXXXACTLYYYY!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Everything ain't for everybody. And I'm actually glad that she is doing different things on this album. Nobody want to keep hearing the same old thing over and over from an artist. The thing is some people want her to do an album full of slow songs showcasing her vocals or songs like wildest dreams. The fact is i think they are actually doing the best thing right now by mixing it up. It's best to tap into diff markets. I know for a fact alot of the stations that have been playing Put It Down would not play Wildest Dreams nowhere near as much. And vice versa. Shoot that's why alot of r&b artist can't even make the top of the r&b charts because they limit their self to one sound an entire album. You have to be able to get the interest of different age groups with your album and that normally takes a mix of music. And those who hated on Put It Down fail to see this is one of the 1st songs she had in awhile with a good radio and club response.

Two Eleven In Stores Oct 16th :cheers:

EXXXACTLYYYY!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Doing different things is commendable, but not when its taking steps backwards image & quality wise (tho I don't think she has image wise) it's not acceptable to me for any artist whether they are successful with it or not (feel the same way about Janet & Mariah, they both have their fair share of hood music, and most of it I am not amused by because I expect better from them like I do from Brandy). What the people who like PID or LMG don't get about us that don't is that we're not saying she shouldn't do dance music, nobody has complained about her not doing an entire album of ballads,she's done dance songs (of high quality) every single era/album. She could've had major dance hits on the last 2 albums, but certain songs werent released or promoted (correctly if at all), so the success this 1 has is impressive yet sad because of lack of quality and originality of the song, but she has dance songs that sounds like nobody elses, she's not new to dance music. So again I expect better, and when my expectations arent met by the same person who raised them in the 1st place, Im not pleased.

I watched her Behind The Music FINALLY. It was so hard finding a link that worked internationally so I dloaded the torrent.

Hers is 1 of the best I've seen in years, all that honesty, the emotion, the video clips, the wig changes what more could anyone want? Well I did kinda wish they atleast mentioned that she was into TV before Moesha and even her 1st album with On Our Own & Thea. THey didnt have to go into detail about ALLLLLLLLLLL the drama between Thea & Brandy on that show, but I feel like not enough people know Brandy the actress has been around and working for 20 years now. BUT other than that I have no complaints about hers. Theres so many new ones I need to catch up on but keep forgetting about. (will def be watching Xtina's)

Hers is 1 of the best I've seen in years, all that honesty, the emotion, the video clips, the wig changes what more could anyone want? Well I did kinda wish they atleast mentioned that she was into TV before Moesha and even her 1st album with On Our Own & Thea. THey didnt have to go into detail about ALLLLLLLLLLL the drama between Thea & Brandy on that show, but I feel like not enough people know Brandy the actress has been around and working for 20 years now. BUT other than that I have no complaints about hers. Theres so many new ones I need to catch up on but keep forgetting about. (will def be watching Xtina's)

I was thinking the same thing :lol:. But I loved it. Her's and Nicoles have been great to me! I haven't see the rest tbh. Who else had one? Oh I saw Missys but not sure if it's old. Didn't Aaliyah have one recently? I may have watched that too!

I was thinking the same thing :lol:. But I loved it. Her's and Nicoles have been great to me! I haven't see the rest tbh. Who else had one? Oh I saw Missys but not sure if it's old. Didn't Aaliyah have one recently? I may have watched that too!

I'll probably pass on Nicoles, I just don't know why but I do not like her....she's gorgeous, can sing and dance and perform, but....idk, theres something really offputting about her to me, never could quite put my finger on it.

Mary J's was great, P!nks ofcourse was good, Fantasia's, JHuds, DMX's was great, Nelly is 1 of the best I've seen from a rapper ever. Those are the only ones that come to mind really that caught my attention. I want to see Ne-Yo's too.

I give Brandy's Driven episode ALOT of props because they really did go in on her career pre-1st album, like if you REALLY wanna learn about those pre-fame years, Driven did the job better than Behind The Music, which I feel did an excellent job on the post 1st album/Moesha-Today times. Like all the times she almost met Whitney and her struggles with other girls in school, and her performance clips as a kid singing, AND.........not only did they go all the way into the drama about Thea, but they got ma mutha fuckin girl Thea Vidale to fuckin sit there and tell her side and that she still has love for Brandy.....oh yes, they get big thumbs up from me on that. I really love watching that show (Thea) on youtube, it's a shame really that it didnt take off, good concept, good actors, good writing, bad timming I guess, if I werent like 2-3 when it was on, I woulda supported it.