• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

1,972 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

DN__6eXWsAAMavU.jpg:small

I would rock the absolute fuck outta this ensemble. #jealous

Posted · Report post

A couple of things: 
  1. I'm wraping the boxscores in a quote so JoeJoe can't come along and quote it.
  2. "Just enjoy the show and be happy Janet is still doing it" fans, please stay out of this sub-discussion.
  3. Be honest with yourselves, so that you can be honest with others.
  4. Some of these boxscores are embarrassing. 

If she were actually selling out every show, there would be multiple comments or threads on here of fans bragging about it. But since she isn’t, they’re gonna fume over you posting her box score numbers like this.:lol:

Posted · Report post

Only fair-weather fans care about box scores and sales

Posted (edited) · Report post

I dont give a fuck about them (sales), let Janet do her and God bless her because we were told this tour almost didnt happen.....I have my criticisms, and ya'll know me enough, but I wont beat a dead horse either

Edited by Bailey.

Posted · Report post

I wanna see the stats for her 10/5 Concord show.. that shit was packed!

Posted · Report post

I went to the RI show and they put my instagram on the screen twice ^_^

Posted · Report post

Fact. The only way numbers would be "embarassing" is if she was working her ass off popping up on TV & Radio to promote the tour, and even then most female legends over 50 (any ethnicity or music genre) would kill for those numbers.

Posted · Report post

Fact. The only way numbers would be "embarassing" is if she was working her ass off popping up on TV & Radio to promote the tour, and even then most female legends over 50 (any ethnicity or music genre) would kill for those numbers.

Madonna, Tina, Cher, Barbara, all had better boxscore numbers at usually higher ticket prices during their last tour(s)...

The numbers dont look great when seeing them, but some of those low numbers ARE in cities where demand isnt so much high...so its great those smaller cities got the opportunity to see Janet, b/c most acts, especially those of high caliber, would NOT book there.

Posted · Report post

Madonna, Tina, Cher, Barbara, all had better boxscore numbers at usually higher ticket prices during their last tour(s)...

The numbers dont look great when seeing them, but some of those low numbers ARE in cities where demand isnt so much high...so its great those smaller cities got the opportunity to see Janet, b/c most acts, especially those of high caliber, would NOT book there.

That's a decent group of names, but what about Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Chaka Khan,  Sheila E. & Jody Watley ? They have continuously been on tour for the last 30 years seemingly and with the exception of Diana, none of their numbers have ever been brag worthy. The 4 names you listed are acceptions, not standards by any means. Point remains, Janet's numbers aren't "embarrassing", they would be if she had the promo tour before the tour the same way all of the women you named do (hell even some of the ones I did)

Posted · Report post

Isn’t it too early to call this tour an embarrassment??? She’s only been touring for 2 months now and hasn’t even gone to Europe or any other continent besides North America. I’d say wait until we see numbers by the end of her North American leg. The fact is from what we’ve seen and from what I saw during her Boston show, this tour is a low key success despite previous cancellations, no promo, etc. Some of you guys are acting like Janet can’t fill an auditorium, let alone stadiums anymore, which she still can!! That’s all that matters!! ;)

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: and :wacko:

You would think she was only selling a fourth of the seats in these venues the way Austin and his followers be saying shit.  She's had more close to sellout shows than not ..soooooo.. a few that were moderate compared to..... ???

NO PROMO and she's doing 80% or more = WINNING!!!

BUT a  COMPLETELY SOLD OUT SHOW of 17,500 @Hollywood Bowl  .. gets overlooked by these group of ppl ...hmm wonder why? 

Half empty or half full,which one are you?

Edited by janetDAYZ

Posted · Report post

All of those women are exceptions and all of those women are touring powerhouses and in their late 60s.

Please stop 🛑 

Posted · Report post

Zero promo, zero new music... the Great Depressed Leader, Donald Austin, calls SOTW Tour ‘Embarrassing’ based on box scores. 

Lets check them reviews :coffee: 

Posted · Report post

Janet's touring history is questionable, so I don't understand why we are comparing her to touring acts with good credit. The fact that she is filling up any stadium should be applauded. I get that some fans like to invent facts or embellish the truth...but let Janet LIVE...gotdamn, if her fans want to make shit up in favor of her..let them. That's what fans are for. 

:rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

Let's talk about the bad shit but overlook the good shit. -This board.

Now I see why so many members left this place 

Let's talk about the bad shit but overlook the good shit. -This board.

Now I see why so many members left this place 

We regularly celebrate the good in here....why focus on the 1  member who isn't?

Edited by vibeology

Posted · Report post

there is a lot of negative energy here, members that attack other members when no one called for them :coffee:

Posted · Report post

We regularly celebrate the good in here....why focus on the 1  member who isn't?

That one member has a posse of idiotic members. He’s basically the Herpe of JanFam 

Posted · Report post

A couple of things: 
  1. I'm wraping the boxscores in a quote so JoeJoe can't come along and quote it.
  2. "Just enjoy the show and be happy Janet is still doing it" fans, please stay out of this sub-discussion.
  3. Be honest with yourselves, so that you can be honest with others.
  4. Some of these boxscores are embarrassing. 

Now you know they can't help themselves

Posted · Report post

If she were actually selling out every show, there would be multiple comments or threads on here of fans bragging about it. But since she isn’t, they’re gonna fume over you posting her box score numbers like this.:lol:

Tea.

And you see which posts get the most attention.

And this place was near-dead before the Unbreakable era even started. So stop making stuff up

Edited by J.

Posted · Report post

CherNET.

:lol:

Posted · Report post

Its more than one

Posted · Report post

Some of y'all claim to be fans but in reality y'all are some Robin L. Baylors in disguise. I just want you to know that I see you and that your souls have gone yellow around the edges....do better!

Thank you

#pessimistic 

Edited by State of the Game