The Official Tamar Braxton Thread

RaLpHieReBeL516

Prettiest Girl - It's cute. Has an old school feel to it. Not a fave but I wouldn't skip it. I love the "when my hair a mess" part!

Sound Of Love - I like this too. It sounds like one of these big girls could do this song - like Katy or even Rih. It has a slight commercial feel to it in the same way as Take A Bow (but the opposite side of a relationship lol).

White Candle - Absolutely beautiful! It actually reminds me of a softer We All Want Love.

Thank You Lord - Great end to the album! Her vocals shine! Brilliant

I love how the 2nd half is so chilled after Hot Sugar. Love this album.

So far she did everything right.. She had her reality show and release the song when the show is getting good reviews..

As long as she stays in her lane she will have a pretty decent R&B album sales..

She probably has one of the top best female R&B singles of 2012 ..

Shawn predicting the future -_-

WHAAA?!?!?!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5687364/ariana-grande-debuts-at-no-1-on-billboard-200

"The Way" singer's first album tops new full-lengths by Nine Inch Nails and Tamar Braxton

Though it seemed like there was going to be a race for the No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 this week, Ariana Grande's "Yours Truly" comes out on top by a sizable margin.

The debut effort from the 20-year-old-singer/actress bows atop the list with 138,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Behind it R&B singer Tamar Braxton debuts with "Love & War," which launches at No. 2 with 114,000. (Braxton also bows at No. 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and the Top R&B Albums chart.)

Grande is the first female artist to debut at No. 1 with their first album since January 2010, when Ke$ha's "Animal" opened at No. 1. As for Braxton, she tallies the largest sales week for a female R&B/hip-hop album since last November, when Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire" bowed with 159,000.

Last Friday (Sept. 6), there was a bit of a competition brewing between "Yours Truly" and "Love & War." At the time, industry sources suggested that "Yours Truly" was aiming for a start of around 115,000 to 120,000, while "Love & War" was eyeing a bow of 110,000 to 115,000.

A day earlier, Grande's camp launched a successful download album promotion tied to an upcoming holiday party hosted by the singer. Consumers who purchased "Yours Truly" via her website (through Sunday, Sept. 8 — the final day of the tracking week) will receive a ticket to one of a series of events with Grande later this year.

Label sources suggest that the holiday party offer drove between 5,000 and 7,000 in sales for the album. Details of the holiday events haven't been announced, but one could imagine they may include a concert by Grande and perhaps a meet-and-greet opportunity with her.

Grande's sales were especially strong in the digital world, as 108,000 of her first-week sales were downloads, or 78%, of her debut. Comparably, Braxton's album only moved 51,000 downloads: 45% of her debut. Braxton's album, however, performed strongly as a CD with physical retailers like Walmart, Best Buy and Target.

Because of that, Braxton actually has the No. 1-selling physical album this week (63,000), while Grande's set is the No. 7 physical seller (30,000). On the Digital Albums chart, Grande is No. 1, while Braxton is No. 2.

Though "Love & War" didn't perform incredibly strong as a download, it was offered at a very attractive price in Braxton's Web store: $3.99.

But there's other news in the top 10 aside from Grande and Braxton, as they are just two of the five new entries in the region. Nine Inch Nails returns with its first studio album since 2008, as "Hesitation Marks" bows at No. 3 with 107,000. The set is the act's first for Columbia Records, after two independently released studio efforts in 2008. Those indie albums—"The Slip" and "Ghosts I-IV"—launched at Nos. 13 and 14 with 29,000 and 26,000, respectively. The band's last major-label studio set, 2007's "Year Zero" on Nothing/Interscope Records, started at No. 2 with 187,000. All told, "Hesitation Marks" gives Nine Inch Nails its 14th charting set and sixth top 10 album.

Billboard #2 rb #1 but Tamar dold more physical units at the store

According to bb she is #1 they do shit so fucked up

Tamar also best selling female randb since alice keys last cd

Tamar is only #1 in physical sales and R&B albums chart. There's nothing f'ed up about it. If she should more digital albums, she would have been #1.