Does Ashanti stand a chance?

EphraimAdamz

Brandy's comeback was anti climactic

Kelly Rowland and Kiesha Cole maintain lukewarm success

Ciara tries, but often fails

Keri Hilson had a brief moment, but nothing to write home about.

Monica seems content with it all

Mya, Fantasia, and many others are no longer on the radar.

We're pretty much left with Alecia Keys, Rihanna, and Beyonce as the only ones being used (Mariah's new song might do something though).

Should we give Ashanti a comeback chance, or should we just leave her in the bargain bin?

I just seen Ashanti on Fashion Police Friday and she looks great. There was always something that I liked about her as far as her fashion and her personality.

But to answer your question, no. Her time passed about 10 years ago. And it's a shame because she actually writes her lyrics and has an ok voice.

R&B as a genre is on life support, so the artist within that genre are going to struggle by default. Ashanti would have been better off going pop/dance and reinventing herself from top to bottom. She needs to start singing hooks again and slowly introduce herself to a new generation.

• Upvote 2

No.

If she hasn't figured out how to get her foot back in the game by now, it's likely not gonna happen for her. I see her being a deacon's side piece in a 3rd rate gospel stage play before I see her having even minimal success on urban radio again.

rihcvi.gif

Lol at the question mark by Katy's name.. She's been getting it but her 3rd album better shit

Lol I wasn't sure if she was still a factor or if she was a big album seller as I don't really follow her haha.