Career Advice

Angela

I received an offer for a well known company after multiple rounds of interviews. I accepted and was very excited and I have started the background check process; however, I just received an offer for an even larger company and it is closer to my home, I wouldn't have to consider relocating like this current job, and there is movement opportunities.

How would you handle this situation? I'm literally nervous about this.

Help me.

like the rest said take the job closer to you

just tell the people from the first offer that you are thankful that they considered you but got a better offer closer to home

and if at that point they want to throw more money (benefits) your way then take the first job lol

• Upvote 2

did you research both companies to see what the quality of life is for the workers? I would hit glassdoor up and at least compare the two companies. Im getting ready for a move myself because theres nothing like being where you make your money so the second one sounds good too. This is a sign the economy is picking up in some ways too

which company pays the most money? also which company is located in the cheaper location? You're a young woman with no KIDS! You're in a position where you can move around and start over without much concern. Don'r be affraid of change

I received the offer letter for the second company and the offer was even better than the first by a significant margin. I accepted and I will formally let the other company know. I'm actually REALLY excited about this opportunity.

did you research both companies to see what the quality of life is for the workers? I would hit glassdoor up and at least compare the two companies. Im getting ready for a move myself because theres nothing like being where you make your money so the second one sounds good too. This is a sign the economy is picking up in some ways too

I did. Both companies are multinational, one bigger than the other. I did all kinds of searches on both and I asked around and I decided to definitely go with the second company. I'd literally started to give up hope that I'd be able to advance further and now I finally have that opportunity.

I just felt bad because I had initially committed to the first company, and working in HR, I know how frustrating it is when someone backs out from committing, but then again, when a company wants to get rid of you, they will without question. But I just worried about the short term repercussions, but that's a risk I will have to take.

• Upvote 1

I did. Both companies are multinational, one bigger than the other. I did all kinds of searches on both and I asked around and I decided to definitely go with the second company. I'd literally started to give up hope that I'd be able to advance further and now I finally have that opportunity.

I just felt bad because I had initially committed to the first company, and working in HR, I know how frustrating it is when someone backs out from committing, but then again, when a company wants to get rid of you, they will without question. But I just worried about the short term repercussions, but that's a risk I will have to take.

congrats first of all. secondly nowadays companies want loyalty as I am sure you are aware but they know this generation of kids aint with that, and yes HR frowns on lack of commitment, but in reality the days of 30 years and out are gooooooonnneeeee.....girl do you :good:

I received the offer letter for the second company and the offer was even better than the first by a significant margin. I accepted and I will formally let the other company know. I'm actually REALLY excited about this opportunity.

chile play the big leagues ....go big or go home...its yo time to shine :)