So when do we meet Elton John in the Parking Lot?

CalQuin

http://www.eonline.com/news/743231/elton-john-tells-janet-jackson-to-f-k-off-and-claims-she-lip-syncs-i-d-rather-go-and-see-a-drag-queen http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2016125/rs_1024x759-160225080040-1024.Janet-Jackson-Elton-John-JR-022516_copy.jpg

The bitch is back, all right.

Elton John is one of the most outspoken musicians alive, and in a new Rolling Stone interview, he takes aim at one of the most popular female solo artists of all time. Because he prides himself on giving his all onstage, John is sensitive to others he feels do not hold themselves to the same standards. "You know, f--king music magazines writing a review of Janet Jackson saying, 'This is the greatest show—four and a half stars.' It's f--king lip-synced! Hello! That's not a show!" John, 68, says. "I'd rather go and see a drag queen. F--k off."

Jackson, who is currently on a world tour in support of her eleventh studio album, Unbreakable, has not yet responded to John's allegations; E! News has reached out to the 49-year-old "No Sleeep" singer's rep for comment.

More than a decade ago, John made similar lip-syncing claims about Madonna. "I say what I feel," he tells Rolling Stone in hindsight. "I probably went too far with Madonna, and I got very personal and I wrote her—she was very gracious."

Who could forget their 11-year feud? John first dissed the Material Girl in 2002 when he said that "Die Another Day" was the "worst" James Bond song he'd ever heard. Two years later, he called her out onstage at the Q Awards. "Madonna, best live act? F--k off," he told the audience. "Since when has lip-syncing been live? Sorry about that, but I think everyone who lip-syncs on stage in public when you pay like 75 quid to see them should be shot. Thank you very much. That's me off her Christmas card list, but do I give a toss? No."

NEWS: Elton John and James Corden sing carpool karaoke

The "Tiny Dancer" singer trashed Madonna again ahead of her Super Bowl Halftime performance in 2012. Asked if he had any advice for Queen of Pop, he replied, "Make sure you lip-sync good." Later that year, during an appearance on Australia's Sunday Night, John took his insults a step further. "Her tour is a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c--t. If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray of Light, stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and made great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no, she had to prove that she was like..." he said, not finishing his sentence. "And she looks like a f--king fairground stripper."

John decided to bury the hatchet with Madonna after they unexpectedly crossed paths in 2012. "We were in a restaurant in France in the summertime. She came in, and I sent over a note. She was very gracious. I apologized profusely because what I said should never have appeared in public. She accepted our apology, and then we bought her dinner. That's over and done with," he told Extra the following year. "She was fantastic. She was just like, 'OK, let's get a move on.'"

Hopefully Jackson will be as forgiving.

• Upvote 1

http://eonline.com/news/743231/elton-john-tells-janet-jackson-to-f-k-off-and-claims-she-lip-syncs-i-d-rather-go-and-see-a-drag-queen

Is he mad his shows suck ass? :unsure: 

Elton John is one of the most outspoken musicians alive, and in a new Rolling Stone interview, he takes aim at one of the most popular female solo artists of all time. Because he prides himself on giving his all onstage, John is sensitive to others he feels do not hold themselves to the same standards. "You know, f--king music magazines writing a review of Janet Jackson saying, 'This is the greatest show—four and a half stars.' It's f--king lip-synced! Hello! That's not a show!" John, 68, says. "I'd rather go and see a drag queen. F--k off."

Edited by #UnbreakableGame

My thing with Elton is... 

Its no surprise, he has been vocal for many many years about artists who lip sync as this articles displays but what is off putting is Elton recorded a song with Janet (circa 1998) ...so obviously there was some kind of respect for her as an ARTIST cus he doesnt just record with anybody. So my question is how do you just lose respect for someone if there hasnt been any actual fall out? I would guess that he and Janet have always been on good terms...so why would you take a shot at her? His ego overshadows his talent. He has this sick jealousy towards entertainers 

Worry about you and let others do them. You are NOT GOD and you are NOT the only one who does what you do.  

Edited by janetDAYZ

also - if Janet does hear about his comments I hope it doesn't upset her or make her feel bad

ET reached out to her people's.. No reply [yet]... I really want Janet to reply with something classy... "Maybe Elton should come to a show... see why critics love it" :asham: 

It's his opinion who cares? :sigh: 

Where does we say we cared?

Same, I love alot of his work (the older work naturally), but in my opinion,  though I find someone sitting at a piano or standing at a mic for 2 hours entertaining, IMO what Janet does lipsynced or live is more of a show or performances than what he & most vocalist period do. 

But I'm not twisted in what he said, he could say worse, it's clear it's for promo cause ain't nobody talking about his new music  (even now), its just old desperation.

• Upvote 1

ET reached out to her people's.. No reply [yet]... I really want Janet to reply with something classy... "Maybe Elton should come to a show... see why critics love it" :asham: 

Where does we say we cared?

I just don't want him talking shit about Janet - he sits on his fat arse infront of a piano and sings- maybe if he danced (lol) he'd have a different opinon

p.s does she lip sync?

I just don't want him talking shit about Janet - he sits on his fat arse infront of a piano and sings- maybe if he danced (lol) he'd have a different opinon

p.s does she lip sync?

Her mic is hot during dance songs but she also uses a live mic during her slow jams.. Janet uses pre-recorded vocals too.. 

His fans love his show... It's just a different show... Elton John is a pianist.. They sit down and stand when he's done like some kind of orchestra. Here.. y'all can watch his show:

Edited by #UnbreakableGame

Her mic is hot during dance songs but she also uses a live mic during her slow jams.. Janet uses pre-recorded vocals too.. 
His fans love his show... It's just a different show... Elton John is a pianist.. They sit down and stand when he's done like some kind of orchestra. Here.. y'all can watch his show:

what do you mean her mic is "Hot" ?

its interesting to me he decided to share his opinion on what he'd rather see and yet Janet and Elton have actually recorded music together. I think its also the timing here with Janet weeks away from beginning her European leg of the tour. I would say Janet fans ought to light a fire under his ass with "opinions" on his twitter or FB or whatever, but I think that would be giving him too much attention....he said what he said that doesn't make me enjoy Janet any less. If that man really needs attention that bad, why can't he find something positive to do? Instead putting down other celebs works because it gets him attention

Edited by Stealth

First, let me say I adore Elton John's music/talent and always will.  He's a living legend.  That being said, I just think he's a bit off here.  If Janet was pulling a Britney and literally mouthing an entire concert, while I'd still think it was harsh and pretty rude, I'd have to somewhat agree with his comments.  However, that's just not the case.  

Janet clearly is singing live throughout most of this and all her previous concerts.  The only exception I can think of is maybe her verse in Scream (I think this is because it is hard on her softer voice to push/"scream" like that).  In Rhythm Nation, there is clearly a loud backing track, but you can certainly hear her live voice in it.  That song is a powerful one and the extra layers of vocals is probably necessary.   I honestly can't think of anything else in the show that is lipped.  Can anyone else?  

Also, let me point out that Gaga, as incredibly talented as she is vocally, also often sings along to pre-recorded vocals during her dance numbers.  It's not lip syncing.  It's just a dance performance.  I have no issue with some recorded vocals being included as long as the live vocals come through too.  I don't think it's fair to call foul on that.  

• Upvote 1