Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

Somebody just made a very good point on one of the news reports about the cancellations-

Janet is now on a self-funded & self managed label, so low-ticket sales are absolutely not a good enough excuse to cancel, she herself is worth more than enough to fund a world tour, her US gigs have already been very successful and no doubt created a profit, for her label, and a minor stakeholder Nederlander Concerts, 

and her husband is a BILLIONAIRE, so, low ticket sales lead to all the thousands of fans in Europe just being left without - sorry not good enough.

it is shocking. she's quite un-relaible really. - she cancelled all her european shows on the all for you tour as well

She cancelled all her European dates for the All For You concert because of 911.  No one wanted to travel over seas during that time. Janet didn't have any issues at that time.  It was merely a precaution her team decided to make. 

She cancelled all her European dates for the All For You concert because of 911.  No one wanted to travel over seas during that time. Janet didn't have any issues at that time.  It was merely a precaution her team decided to make. 

they could have been rescheduled. they weren't.

she cancelled her shows in japan for the rockwitchu tour

I'm still pissed! Even though I'm somewhat broke at the moment and will be getting my money back, I'm pissed. I doubt it's about her health...she was at fashion shows up until last week. And surely she would have told us like last time? The whole fuckin European leg? ugh the naysayers are having the last laugh...

• Upvote 1

Somebody just made a very good point on one of the news reports about the cancellations-

Janet is now on a self-funded & self managed label, so low-ticket sales are absolutely not a good enough excuse to cancel, she herself is worth more than enough to fund a world tour, her US gigs have already been very successful and no doubt created a profit, for her label, and a minor stakeholder Nederlander Concerts, 

and her husband is a BILLIONAIRE, so, low ticket sales lead to all the thousands of fans in Europe just being left without - sorry not good enough.

hjkghjkh hun, being self-funded is the exact reason why low ticket sales would cause her to cancel.

If she is losing profit (production costs, arena costs, personnel, etc) and she doesn't have a tour sponsor (first mistake), then that is cutting directly from her assets. 

and as costly as a tour is, a few bad dates add up.

And if wasn't clear when she skipped out on any type of promo for the album, she doesn't love the fans enough to foot the bill!

Tis tour was a disaster from the start tho. All the dates had different promoters, her venue choices were ?? (why is she going to B and C markets??). and the tour was too massive.

Don't even get me started on the actual show/production hjkhgjkhgh

D I S A S T E R

Just go home sis! Unbreakable cancelled !!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm still pissed! Even though I'm somewhat broke at the moment and will be getting my money back, I'm pissed. I doubt it's about her health...she was at fashion shows up until last week. And surely she would have told us like last time? The whole fuckin European leg? ugh the naysayers are having the last laugh...

well yeah, and terry or jimmy whichever one it was like last week saying it's a longer show and it's amazing and she's doing great then BOOM cancelled.

• Upvote 1

hjkghjkh hun, being self-funded is the exact reason why low ticket sales would cause her to cancel.

If she is losing profit (production costs, arena costs, personnel, etc) and she doesn't have a tour sponsor (first mistake), then that is cutting directly from her assets. 

and as costly as a tour is, a few bad dates add up.

And if wasn't clear when she skipped out on any type of promo for the album, she doesn't love the fans enough to foot the bill!

Tis tour was a disaster from the start tho. All the dates had different promoters, her venue choices were ?? (why is she going to B and C markets??). and the tour was too massive.

Don't even get me started on the actual show/production hjkhgjkhgh

D I S A S T E R

Just go home sis! Unbreakable cancelled !!

all of what you just said is totally undermined by the fact that she's now part of a billion-dollar family. - cutting from her assests? production costs? ........no.

well yeah, and terry or jimmy whichever one it was like last week saying it's a longer show and it's amazing and she's doing great then BOOM cancelled.

The only thing I could understand and accept would be her father's health. But I'm just gonna stop speculating 

• Upvote 1

all of what you just said is totally undermined by the fact that she's now part of a billion-dollar family. - cutting from her assests? production costs? ........no.

Why would she continue to spend money on a tour that is taking money from her, billionaire or not?

Next to no one is rich enough to fund an entire world tour. Do you know how many people have to be paid? The US legs were also not that profitable either. The album didn't make much profit either. Sales, if you can call them that, were due to her giving the album away with tickets and merchandise. I got a free copy with everything I bought. I doubt Janet made any profit this era if she's been funding everything on her own, and that includes the recording of the album -- producers have to be paid. This is why Janet should have been hitting every television, magazine, and radio interview she could do. When you're an indie artist and your bank account is on the line, you do everything in your power to make a profit. Her approach to this project was flat out insane. Perhaps one day she'll write a tell-all and fill us in on what was really going on. Everyone was ready to embrace her. Talk about a missed opportunity on so many levels. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Janet needed to fire her whole PR team from the get go. They must be old af if they thought this was a way to promote her new album and tour in the way the industry is now smh

What do you expect them to do if their client says that they won't promote their project? Jimmy Jam has been doing all the interviews, and Gil has been putting out wrong information, getting her into trouble, saying that her health is fine, and then a second later, they cancel something saying she's sick. Janet's a PR nightmare. I love Janet to death, but the fault lies with her, not her team. There's only so much they can do. If Janet just wanted to make albums and not tour or do interviews, I'd be fine with that actually, (provided she makes it known that that's the direction she's heading in). There have been artists that do just that. The making plans and then cancelling, and all that messiness though has got to stop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This news sucks for all of the fans who bought tickets. I really feel for them and their disappointment; however, please keep in mind of the forum rules and how you express your disappointment. I'm good with debates but leave the name calling and other stuff out of it. 

• Upvote 4

Janet needed to fire her whole PR team from the get go. They must be old af if they thought this was a way to promote her new album and tour in the way the industry is now smh

I think it is an older person running the social media pages.  They don't understand IG, the hashtag are random af.  I do think she could have solely promoted this through social media without doing one interview but it had to be done correctly.  But I guess the PR team has to do whatever she is comfortable with and speaking and being seen in public was not one of them.  So I'm not sure how much the PR team could do anyway.

• Upvote 1