Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

This is embarassing. I am embarassed for her. I suspected some of the dates would be canceled, but I didnt think she would go this far. I guess the tickets really did not sell. But what do you expect, tho... No promo, no show. So much for their 3 year plan. So much for those special events for fans in Europe. Im dying to see what Jimmy has to say. Probably nothing. 

For those of you who do not know, the whole European tour is canceled according to most news and LiveNation. Not just some dates. All of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is embarassing. I am embarassed for her. I suspected some of the dates would be canceled, but I didnt think she would go this far. I guess the tickets really did not sell. But what do you expect, tho... No promo, no show. So much for their 3 year plan. So much for those special events for fans in Europe. Im dying to see what Jimmy has to say. Probably nothing. 

For those of you who do not know, the whole European tour is canceled according to most news and LiveNation. Not just some dates. All of them. 

I do agree it's kind of embarrassing for a Legend, Icon, and Trendsetter like her to have this happening. No videos or live performances? I still don't know why in the hell she didn't do the Iheartmusic festival last year instead of doing a damn concert. That was one of the worst decisions i've ever seen her make in her whole career. Get the word out at least through that if you didn't plan on doing any other promo or release videos. I love Janet so much and it just hurts to see this happening. I'm sad for her and kind of mad cause things were done half-assed in my opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's like she didn't want to come back but she did because she was bored and now she regret her decision so she's just trying to get rid of this era as quickly as she can. . . 

She had no ambition with this era. . . 

Anyway maybe with a god miracle she is pregnant? Lol

Edited by oxmo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

A day later and I'm slightly less pissed but still speculating lol.

I struggle to believe that Janet didn't want to come after making an album that good. Yeah she probably didn't want to do 1000s of interviews and magazines but I feel she wanted to connect with us at least. I put the lack of videos down to not having majors behind her. I could just be completely in denial...

If she has now pulled some of the US dates,  no matter how small a town, I think she should just can the whole thing. The PR alone is a joke. It pains me that she is now renowned for cancelling shows - not just a few, but whole legs and regions. Don't know any other major artist that  is known for that and I don't know what can be done to win the European crowds back. 

This is the 2nd time I've felt so deflated with missing out on seeing her, RYU tour being the first. So yeah once again I'm not gonna invest energy in Jan no more.

I do wish people would stop blaming Wissam. They did the same with JD and probably would have done with Rene given the chance. If she pregnant, then fair enough :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The pittiful and embarassing thing really is some of your behavior (thank God not all) when you don't even know what's up. Along with this news today there's widespread rumors that Joe is not doing good at all, and we know from the past Janet will be there for him & Katherine when they need her. It's fine to be upset and disappointed that your plans and money change, and even that here we're dealing with this again. But dogging her and trashing her without knowing why she does what she does is petty, childish, stupid, and a waste of time and energy. As embarassed as a few of you say you are for her, I'm even more for you if something is seriously wrong either with her father or her. She should/will give her reason, but her doing this because of Joe seems just as likely if not more (because of the media pickup) than because of low ticket sales, either way we don't know the reason so might as well throw something that serious and as far as we know legitimate in the ring for discussion. But I guess we know who'll be there for her after she falls, that's all. Continue trashing. *Continue's listening to Unbreakable cause it still fuckin slays* :coffee: 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would she continue to spend money on a tour that is taking money from her, billionaire or not?

because thousand of european fans have spent their hard-earned money on tickets and transport to the show, and lots of us are a damn long way from being millionaires.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The pittiful and embarassing thing really is some of your behavior (thank God not all) when you don't even know what's up. Along with this news today there's widespread rumors that Joe is not doing good at all, and we know from the past Janet will be there for him & Katherine when they need her. It's fine to be upset and disappointed that your plans and money change, and even that here we're dealing with this again. But dogging her and trashing her without knowing why she does what she does is petty, childish, stupid, and a waste of time and energy. As embarassed as a few of you say you are for her, I'm even more for you if something is seriously wrong either with her father or her. She should/will give her reason, but her doing this because of Joe seems just as likely if not more (because of the media pickup) than because of low ticket sales, either way we don't know the reason so might as well throw something that serious and as far as we know legitimate in the ring for discussion. But I guess we know who'll be there for her after she falls, that's all. Continue trashing. *Continue's listening to Unbreakable cause it still fuckin slays* :coffee: 

Even if that is the case it doesn't explain not putting some kind of a statement out or how this era has been conducted overall.   The media will pick it up anyway.   The silence is what had them putting those cancer rumors out.  

• Upvote 2

I don't mind of what the medias say but even if it's health problems with her bodyguard she could still does the concert, if it's a serious health problems ok she cancelled it but as she let ticket master know , she should let us know too. . . or someone from her team at least. ...

• Upvote 1

I don't mind of what the medias say but even if it's health problems with her bodyguard she could still does the concert, if it's a serious health problems ok she cancelled it but as she let ticket master know , she should let us know too. . . or someone from her team at least. ...

or at the very least say something like "I'm very sorry, I will give a full explanation soon"

absolutely nothing - i've seen comments from fans in the UK who are SUPER annoyed because it's the 2nd and 3rd time they had tickets for her show and then she cancelled.

Most of these "fans" need to move on to someone else so the real fans can enjoy the era, album, and Janet 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

believe it or not.. I fucking love the album and that's all I'm here for 

I purchased tour tickets so in 25 weeks.. We shall see

i'm not calling the album - it's fantastic.

the cancellations, the poor PR and the disappointment that I probably will never get to see her live, as let's be real she's not coming back to Europe, overshadow the album though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I get being upset over the concert being canceled, but some of these theories and essays.... *yawn*

The only "fans" that should be "upset" are the people who purchase tickets. 

Then there's the trolls.. I won't name names but Austin needs to get his clique 

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1