Do you believe Damita Jo album wouldve been the year's best selling album

jinthahouse

9 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Thank you! And ain't nobody worried about what Jimmy said about Damita Jo. He was just hating cause Janet was exploring and working with other producers instead of just only he and Terry. Oh 🐳. Also like you said an album doesn't have to be "about" something to sound good or have hits. Janet ain't gotta be writing a book every time she records an album. Miss me with that shit and just give me some good bops. She's done enough good writing to last us the rest of our lives

But that’s the thing! Janet shouldn’t have to sacrifice her art for a couple of “good bops.” So you’re pretty much saying, “I don’t mind if all her albums are great, I’ll love it anyway!” Huh??? I would think a fan n especially a stan would expect the best from their idol every time. Jimmy had every right to say what he said because he KNOWS Janet musically and as a person more than anyone! The reason she started working with them was to produce her music her own way and write about what’s going on in her life at the moment! Jesus, even Janet said verbatim, “That’s the only way I know HOW to write.” Accepting mediocrity from Janet is part of the reason we got “20 Y.0.” And “Discipline” as follow-ups. She was anything but inspired n that’s why she stopped making music by 2011! Not to mention, dropped all material she had started working on in 2009. Janet wasn’t feeling it anymore and was extremely tired of having “nothing” to say. I’d rather wait 4-5 years for another masterpiece like “Unbreakable” than every 2 year for a generic ass album that any drake artist can make. Isn’t that why we love Janet in the first place or am I wrong??? 😳🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

But that’s the thing! Janet shouldn’t have to sacrifice her art for a couple of “good bops.” So you’re pretty much saying, “I don’t mind if all her albums are great, I’ll love it anyway!” Huh??? I would think a fan n especially a stan would expect the best from their idol every time. Jimmy had every right to say what he said because he KNOWS Janet musically and as a person more than anyone! The reason she started working with them was to produce her music her own way and write about what’s going on in her life at the moment! Jesus, even Janet said verbatim, “That’s the only way I know HOW to write.” Accepting mediocrity from Janet is part of the reason we got “20 Y.0.” And “Discipline” as follow-ups. She was anything but inspired n that’s why she stopped making music by 2011! Not to mention, dropped all material she had started working on in 2009. Janet wasn’t feeling it anymore and was extremely tired of having “nothing” to say. I’d rather wait 4-5 years for another masterpiece like “Unbreakable” than every 2 year for a generic ass album that any drake artist can make. Isn’t that why we love Janet in the first place or am I wrong??? 😳🤔

Totally agree! I'm happy Janet takes about 3 to 4 years for an album. On the other hand, when 20 Y.O. came out, she actually said there was nothing in particular she wanted to talk about. "I don't wanna be serious, I wanna have fun". And that was okay.

9 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

re-read my last 3 sentences.

7 hours ago, Jakob said:

And that was okay.

As an artist that stated for every album was her diary and has something to say.. that is not okay. Especially after the backlash she’s gotten from 2004. There’s a lot of shit she could have said in 2006.. She could have did was Beyoncé does and have camps of writers and ghostwriters but instead she chased hits with her boyfriend and kept up with sex a little too much (every song from every album from 2004-2008 was about sex/love) 

Thank you @Lenzo88 for telling it like it is.. just watch what you say about Drake

29 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

re-read my last 3 sentences.

Oh I did, thus proving my point n why I had to read u to filth! 😔🤪👍 

It doesn’t matter how many great albums Janet gave us, she’s STILL Janet muthaf$&@in’ Jackson and the reason why she’s a legend is because her discography is unmatched, unparalleled and unanimously the most emulated run of classic albums that artists still inspire to and emulate on their own discography to this day! Would you buy a Prince album with some “good bops”??? 🤔 Just because Micheal gave us “Thriller” and “Bad”, he shouldn’t have tried to continue making good music??? 😳🤔Even Madonna stans are still recovering from albums like “MDNA”!!! 😂🤣😂💀💀💀  I’m sorry, but if you’re looking for just “good bops” because “she has nothing to prove anymore”, Ciara just released another uninteresting record called “Beauty Marks”. You should check for her as mama definitely needs it! 😉 We get excited for a Janet album because of albums like “Control” and “The Velvet Rope”, NOT for albums like “Damita Jo” and “Jermaine’s Greatest Non-Hits”. 🙄 I swear if Janet continued making more bad albums after “Discipline”, you wouldn’t be so gung ho about what came before, let’s be real. Those albums were NOT great! End of story! Periodt!!! 🤦🏾‍♂️🤪👍

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Oh I did, thus proving my point n why I had to read u to filth! 😔🤪👍 

It doesn’t matter how many great albums Janet gave us, she’s STILL Janet muthaf$&@in’ Jackson and the reason why she’s a legend is because her discography is unmatched, unparalleled and unanimously the most emulated run of classic albums that artists still inspire to and emulate on their own discography to this day! Would you buy a Prince album with some “good bops”??? 🤔 Just because Micheal gave us “Thriller” and “Bad”, he shouldn’t have tried to continue making good music??? 😳🤔Even Madonna stans are still recovering from albums like “MDNA”!!! 😂🤣😂💀💀💀  I’m sorry, but if you’re looking for just “good bops” because “she has nothing to prove anymore”, Ciara just released another uninteresting record called “Beauty Marks”. You should check for her as mama definitely needs it! 😉 We get excited for a Janet album because of albums like “Control” and “The Velvet Rope”, NOT for albums like “Damita Jo” and “Jermaine’s Greatest Non-Hits”. 🙄 I swear if Janet continued making more bad albums after “Discipline”, you wouldn’t be so gung ho about what came before, let’s be real. Those albums were NOT great! End of story! Periodt!!! 🤦🏾‍♂️🤪👍

You ain't read shit for filth :lmao:  Go have a seat somewhere. Nobody said Janet shouldn't continue making good music. I'm done, you in your feelings and that's just where you gon stay cause what I said ain't changing :filenails:

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

You ain't read shit for filth :lmao:  Go have a seat somewhere. Nobody said Janet shouldn't continue making good music. I'm done, you in your feelings and that's just where you gon stay cause what I said ain't changing :filenails:

Did you not tell me to re-read your last 3 sentences??? 😳🤔 Did you not say “Janet has written enough good music to last us the rest of our lives”??? Which pretty much says “She gave us enough great albums already, so ill take whatever she releases from there!” Nice try tho! 🤦🏾‍♂️ Oh and that seat I just sat on has ur name on it! “Thot” you should know! 😉😁

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Did you not tell me to re-read your last 3 sentences??? 😳🤔 Did you not say “Janet has written enough good music to last us the rest of our lives”??? Which pretty much says “She gave us enough great albums already, so ill take whatever she releases from there!” Nice try tho! 🤦🏾‍♂️ Oh and that seat I just sat on has ur name on it! “Thot” you should know! 😉😁

I sure did and she sure has. Where did I say i'll take whatever she releases? I said give me some good bops. Looks like you ASSumed and we all know what happens when you ASSume so you can take that seat and plant your ass in it. :)

8 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

As an artist that stated for every album was her diary and has something to say.. that is not okay. Especially after the backlash she’s gotten from 2004. There’s a lot of shit she could have said in 2006.. She could have did was Beyoncé does and have camps of writers and ghostwriters but instead she chased hits with her boyfriend and kept up with sex a little too much (every song from every album from 2004-2008 was about sex/love) 

Thank you @Lenzo88 for telling it like it is.. just watch what you say about Drake

Well, she's not obligated to. Right? Actually, I listened to 20 Y.O. a couple of times this week, and it's a fun album. It's a good album to dance to and overall, I think it's better than Discipline (but not better than Damita Jo).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jakob said:

Well, she's not obligated to. Right? Actually, I listened to 20 Y.O. a couple of times this week, and it's a fun album. It's a good album to dance to and overall, I think it's better than Discipline (but not better than Damita Jo).

She’s not obligated to do anything but there are consequences to being lazy

Being better than Discipline is such a low bar to achieve

17 hours ago, vibeology said:

U bitches must be bored cuz no way should this topic be over 3 pages, especially as its been done to death in different forms. 

Omg!!! Ur right!!! 😳😱 I’ve become the stereotypical forum member who argues relentlessly for pages until we lose topic and nothing makes sense anymore. Joe, I apologize and will gladly plant my ass in that seat, don’t you worry....🙂😁

....until it’s warm enough for you to takeover per the usual! 😍😘 #Bloop 🤪👍

On 8/8/2019 at 11:30 AM, Bailey said:

Im not reading all that, corny hit songs isnt new now and wasn't then nor before, 'Baby Got Back" ring a bell? :umm:

All that's really being said here is the standard and the bar Janet set for herself as evidenced by her previous work was far greater and higher than DJ delivered :filenails:

When you're so good that you can't compete with your own legacy 🙌

20 hours ago, Jakob said:

Lies.... Every artist on the come up from Kelly Rowland to Nicole Sershinger or whatever her name is would trade places with Janet for those songs on Discipline. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, EphraimAdamz said:

Lies.... Every artist on the come up from Kelly Rowland to Nicole Sershinger or whatever her name is would trade places with Janet for those songs on Discipline. 

Agreed. I LOVE Discipline and its futuristic sound. Any other artist would've had success with it. Just overal I think 20 Y.O. is a lil better 

2 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Delusional 

Feedback. Luv. Rock With U. All catchy tracks radio would've played. Feedback made it to #19 for a reason. Imagine if some younger, non-blacklisted artist would've released those tracks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

Rock With U. All catchy tracks radio would've played.

Feedback made it to #19 for a reason. Imagine if some younger, non-blacklisted artist would've released those tracks.

Delusional.  RWU is trash*

:lmao: 

I wish someone younger and nonblacklisted did so Janet wouldn’t have wasted her time recording it that terrible album

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Rock & Roll Hall of Game said:

Delusional 

Keep being antagonistic and you'll find yourself on the outside looking in. The act is getting tired. 

There are lots of songs /albums where I’ve disagreed with the general consensus of the fans, yet there’s no need to be disrespectful. Your act is tired. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Angela said:

Keep being antagonistic and you'll find yourself on the outside looking in. The act is getting tired. 

There are lots of songs /albums where I’ve disagreed with the general consensus of the fans, yet there’s no need to be disrespectful. Your act is tired. 

You can ban me for calling someone delusional for saying bullshit and Then you can King Me 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897551af8efc5305231c0