Stiffney claims that she always wanted to mold her career after Madonna's

art

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand perfectly what you're discussing - I was mostly responding to Vaquero, who says that Britney never mentions Janet, which is untrue. I definitely think Britney shows way more Janet influence than from Madonna, and would like it if she mentioned her even more - but Madonna and Britney have more of a personal relationship, so I guess she stays on her brain more? Idk.

what i said in my post is that the interviews I have seen, I have never heard her ever mention Janet as an influence. Always Madonna. the only time I have heard Brit say anything about Janet was about a song she thought was similar to TTWLG.

Ch....that's what I love about Janet. Not a bitch has to mention her as an influence...she does her thing and remains unaffected, unbothered, and untouchable. People stay wanting Britney to kiss Janet's ass but in reality, she isn't fit to shine her shoes.

Britney while talented in her own right, is and will always be the cheerleader of Madonna.

There we go! ;)

Thats why I could care less if she idolizes Madonna more...its not like Britney's much of an "entertainer" nowadays anyway.

But it does seem Madonna is a clich'e answer to give from female artists that are asked that.

There we go! ;)

Thats why I could care less if she idolizes Madonna more...its not like Britney's much of an "entertainer" nowadays anyway.

But it does seem Madonna is a clich'e answer to give from female artists that are asked that.

which is weird idk why females would say madonna if they want to be great performers, compared to janet madonna cant perform her way out of that damn purple leotard from hang up

what i said in my post is that the interviews I have seen, I have never heard her ever mention Janet as an influence. Always Madonna. the only time I have heard Brit say anything about Janet was about a song she thought was similar to TTWLG.

Yeah, she said her song "Touch of My Hand" was influenced by TTWLG.

I think she also taped a statement at Janet's MTV Icon performance? I know she was there as Justin Timberlake's date.

which is weird idk why females would say madonna if they want to be great performers, compared to janet madonna cant perform her way out of that damn purple leotard from hang up

I think it's largely an image thing with regard to Madonna. SO many popstars say they're influenced by her, but she can't really sing . . . or dance. Basically just some solid pop songs with a raunchy image. But then that's what a lot of the pop girls do these days. :lol:

Yeah, she said her song "Touch of My Hand" was influenced by TTWLG.

I think she also taped a statement at Janet's MTV Icon performance? I know she was there as Justin Timberlake's date.

come to think of it, I dont even remember

whats funny is that Jlo did a segment saying how Janet influenced her big time....then in another interview when asked who influenced her she said Madonna...must of been taped at the same time cause Jlo was wearing the same outfit

Where have you been? Early in her career she praised JAnet. She was on TRL talkin about how when she seen Janet in concert..she was mesmerized and saying "I want to be her". Then Janet came to one of Britney's first tours back in 2000 and JAnet came backstage and Brit said she was at a lost for words at first..and then out of nervousness, she started having this motormouth and telling Janet how much she looks up to her and inspires her and all dat bullshit.Brit said she felt embarrassed becuz she kept goin on and on...

Where have you been? Early in her career she praised JAnet. She was on TRL talkin about how when she seen Janet in concert..she was mesmerized and saying "I want to be her". Then Janet came to one of Britney's first tours back in 2000 and JAnet came backstage and Brit said she was at a lost for words at first..and then out of nervousness, she started having this motormouth and telling Janet how much she looks up to her and inspires her and all dat bullshit.Brit said she felt embarrassed becuz she kept goin on and on...

I dont follow Brit

but the interviews I have seen during Oops she just mentioned Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna

whats funny is that Jlo did a segment saying how Janet influenced her big time....then in another interview when asked who influenced her she said Madonna...must of been taped at the same time cause Jlo was wearing the same outfit

see now J Lo really needs to not do it...back in the day her ass said that it was the Pleasure Principle video that made her sure wanted to perform....so her ass really needs to not..........

There we go! ;)

It's not that she idolizes Madonna more or not, lol. I know she does idolize Madonna more.

I agree with the bolded. MJ is always the answer for most male artists too.

I believe it's because most ppl consider Madonna to be the QUEEN of POP..so its like you're damned if you're a female artist dont mention HER as your ultimate influence. Alot like how all the guys say Michael (which is definately more understandable) -but still. Their titles make artists feel they have to bow down..in a way.

J. Lo said that for Janet's MTV iCON thing and so did Britney. Outside of that I've never heard either of them reference Janet as an inspiration.

J. Lo said that for Janet's MTV iCON thing and so did Britney. Outside of that I've never heard either of them reference Janet as an inspiration.

and in another interview maybe a few minutes later, Jlo said Madonna influenced her more than anything.

2ngtqhv.png

When you were starting out, whose career did you want to mold yours after?

Madonna. No question. She is an amazing entertainer. Besides Madonna, I also admire Sarah Jessica Parker’s career and her shoe collection.

http://www.popnography.com/britney1.html

Bitch, really? :mellow:

Is that pic an ad for heroin abuse?

:unsure::mellow:

And she might have modeled her career after Madonna's ON PAPER, but ON STAGE she was biting Janet left, right and center.

:coffee:

I love Madonna, but I never get why artists are influenced by her....what has she done that is so influential??? definitely not her music

i believe she may be the most successful female artist of all time :unsure: , im sure that may have something to do with it..for some of the gals its not about the talent its about the monay :rolleyes:

I love Madonna, but I never get why artists are influenced by her....what has she done that is so influential??? definitely not her music

Her music per se might not have had a huge influence, but the way she packaged and delivered it certainly has. I know it's sacreligious to bring up Madonna's videos on a Janet board but too bad - some of them are remarkable and along with her albums and eras helped blaze a trail for many artists (male and female) to follow. I think Britney is influenced by Janet more than she may realize, but it really irks me that people are so quick to dismiss Madonna and her accomplishments like she hasn't done shit. It's laughable.

Archived