Stiffney claims that she always wanted to mold her career after Madonna's

art

People always want to include Michael, but it was Janet first who introduced fully chorographed dance in to a video. Michael didn't do that until 'Bad', after Control.

And Michael didn't do military drills till after RN either, yet people wanna make out Janet copied him.

That whole britney interview is such a big fail, and she looks a mess.

What about "Thriller"?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about "Thriller"?

I'd say Michael introduced dance in to video, but the difference is it wasn't from start to finish and was only an addition to a whole other concept. Janet did dance in video as the major concept of the video, the dance 'became the video' from start to finish. And THAT is what is taken for granted today.

Janet was first.

:whistle:

Where is that gif from? Is that on YouTube? Got to see it.

I've no idea lol. I'm trying to find out though. I'm sure they didn't do anymore interviews besides Oprah.

People always want to include Michael, but it was Janet first who introduced fully chorographed dance in to a video. Michael didn't do that until 'Bad', after Control.

And Michael didn't do military drills till after RN either, yet people wanna make out Janet copied him.

That whole britney interview is such a big fail, and she looks a mess.

I thought Janet for the concept from Captain EO :unsure:?

I'd say Michael introduced dance in to video, but the difference is it wasn't from start to finish and was only an addition to a whole other concept. Janet did dance in video as the major concept of the video, the dance 'became the video' from start to finish. And THAT is what is taken for granted today.

Janet was first.

Good luck with that. The world would never accept Janet being FIRST as oppose to Michael.

I've never understood the hype around madonna. I think a lot of her career has just been good PR tricks, rather than the music being 'iconic' in itself. Janets career has seemed more honest to music for me, and more about the dance, which is the whole point of being a performer.

I'm just not one for 'art' and gimmicks being part of music. I just want honest lyrics, and dancing and singing. A little bit of pyrotechnics and lights don't hurt, and looking good. I hate all the ugly gaga/madonna stuff.

I've never understood the hype around madonna. I think a lot of her career has just been good PR tricks, rather than the music being 'iconic' in itself. Janets career has seemed more honest to music for me, and more about the dance, which is the whole point of being a performer.

I'm just not one for 'art' and gimmicks being part of music. I just want honest lyrics, and dancing and singing. A little bit of pyrotechnics and lights don't hurt, and looking good. I hate all the ugly gaga/madonna stuff.

Yes and her sexuality is forced. Nothing she has done without props has been sexy. and that accent :sigh: Janet smiling to me is sexy.

Janet was first.

:mellow:

The choreography in Thriller is the main part of the whole video. There's a reason why so many people know routine and they do flash mobs of it, as well. He also did synchronized choreography in the Beat it music video. So no, Janet didn't do it before him.

Stop reaching.

:mellow:

The choreography in Thriller is the main part of the whole video. There's a reason why so many people know routine and they do flash mobs of it, as well. He also did synchronized choreography in the Beat it music video. So no, Janet didn't do it before him.

Stop reaching.

Actually control came out before thriller and she created the thing called dance. If it wasn't for Janet the Jackson 5 or Michael wouldn't exist. Some Janet fans are so right to discredit michael I mean all he did was create thriller it doesn't even have an impact to this day. Its time to give Janet praise for creating the thing we call dance :yahoo:

I always feel left out of threads like this. I know absolutely nothing about Madonna. I remember when 4 minutes came out though. Sounds bad but I saw Justin in the music video and I thought Madonna was a new artists or something. I didn't know much about her till I started coming here.

Archived