The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

In my opinion, as exciting as she is as a performer, Beyonce isn't that great of an artist, nor is she an icon. She hasn't contributed anything substantial to music or pop culture as a whole. She has her lane. She has her niche. She's successful at it....but that's my opinion. I'm sure her stans will disagree.

It doesn't take away from her talent. I just don't see her being an innovator of anything...and while innovation does not necessarily require the exclusivity of ones own original concept, it can be an idea or form of inspiration that is expanded upon...using ones own ideas.

One can make the argument that in the case of her BMA performance, she did just that. I disagree on many levels.

But eh...she never claimed to be original in the first place.

Which is why I will continue to anticipate her performances.

But as an artist, I'm not checking for her.

^^ this +1 1920744jhto15gsxn.gif

It damn sho aint her music :coffee:

:lol:

In my opinion, as exciting as she is as a performer, Beyonce isn't that great of an artist, nor is she an icon. She hasn't contributed anything substantial to music or pop culture as a whole. She has her lane. She has her niche. She's successful at it....but that's my opinion. I'm sure her stans will disagree.

It doesn't take away from her talent. I just don't see her being an innovator of anything...and while innovation does not necessarily require the exclusivity of ones own original concept, it can be an idea or form of inspiration that is expanded upon...using ones own ideas.

One can make the argument that in the case of her BMA performance, she did just that. I disagree on many levels.

But eh...she never claimed to be original in the first place.

Which is why I will continue to anticipate her performances.

But as an artist, I'm not checking for her.

Hell naw she ain't no Icon and those who think so are delusional

This is much more accessible to the general public. I actually find this very pretty, the vocals are sorta tender and pleading at the same time. This is a great album track imo, but it might be too slow for a single.

Really? It sounds like the total opposite to me. Kinda like screaming and out of her vocal range...

Really? It sounds like the total opposite to me. Kinda like screaming and out of her vocal range...

You think the beginning is out of her vocal range? There are parts after the buildup where she gets close to screaming I agree but i don't think she actually gets screechy. It goes with the lyrics imo, the pleading begging tone of the lyrics the vocals match

People are saying shes supposed to sing this on idol tonight?

You think the beginning is out of her vocal range? There are parts after the buildup where she gets close to screaming I agree but i don't think she actually gets screechy. It goes with the lyrics imo, the pleading begging tone of the lyrics the vocals match

It almost sounds to forced..

I like the guitar.

In the beginning she's just screaming but the parts when she goes "with you" is out of her vocal range. TBH, the song is more fitting for a singer with Adele type of vocals.

It almost sounds to forced..

I like the guitar.

Exactly.

In the beginning she's just screaming but the parts when she goes "with you" is out of her vocal range. TBH, the song is more fitting for a singer with Adele type of vocals.

Exactly.

I mean I guess we are hearing different things, especially picking out the beginning as screaming not getting that at all listening to it several times now. There are parts in the middle where I can hear a bit of screaming. Adele is the only one getting away with ballads as singles atm really would love to hear her take on it.