The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

I'm sorry, but Beyonce doesn't look black to me at all. I know she's black but I just don't see it. Most black women just don't look like beyonce. That's the truth.

Not all black ppl look alike and it's not Beyonces fault that she has light skin. Black comes in all shades, there are some black ppl who are even lighter than her!

Beyoncé is a creole woman of color like myself. Its not her fault that she can pass as white. She identifies with black people, I don't. Whats the big deal? :unsure:

Just another dumb reason for ppl to try and discredit her. She uses African inspiration, has a black husband, black baby, wears her hair in box braids, sings R&B music but ppl still want to accuse her of trying to be white. Smh

Well you can't say Beyonce isn't the hottest chick in the game.

This was a smart move from her. She's at a place where she can count on those impulsive buys than run the risk of underwhelming reception from her singles that might trickle down to the reception of her album.

• Upvote 1

Just another dumb reason for ppl to try and discredit her. She uses African inspiration, has a black husband, black baby, wears her hair in box braids, sings R&B music but ppl still want to accuse her of trying to be white. Smh

No one's discrediting her... This is the same woman who appeared on a cover of a latin magazine.. Not to mention her very light skinned

But she's fully black.. I mean, Blue Ivy... that's such an black thing to give their child a name that wouldn't hesitate to give their dog

Not all black ppl look alike and it's not Beyonces fault that she has light skin. Black comes in all shades, there are some black ppl who are even lighter than her!

It's nothing to do with her being light skinned. Plenty black people are as light or even lighter than beyonce. You can put just as much make-up on many other black people and they won't look the same. Beyonces features also come into play. She's certainly not interested in looking any kind of black either. I like Beyonce and I think shes a beautiful girl, but it's just observation.

Well you can't say Beyonce isn't the hottest chick in the game.

This was a smart move from her. She's at a place where she can count on those impulsive buys than run the risk of underwhelming reception from her singles that might trickle down to the reception of her album.

I thought Rihanna was. I mean she did just get an Icon award
  • Upvote 1

It's nothing to do with her being light skinned. Plenty black people are as light or even lighter than beyonce. You can put just as much make-up on many other black people and they won't look the same. Beyonces features also come into play. She's certainly not interested in looking any kind of black either. I like Beyonce and I think shes a beautiful girl, but it's just observation.

You mean her blonde big hair?

You mean her blonde big hair?

lol , she's hell bent on the blonde since 4 now. Plus the extra white white make-up. She has to have a universal appeal and it works for her.Honestly, it's not just her looks that make her a huge star. There have been plenty black women before her who have been huge stars and have not had to conform image wise so much. Beyonce is just who she is. I honestly think she suits brown anyway. Alot of people across the world don't even think beyonce is black lol

lol , she's hell bent on the blonde since 4 now. Plus the extra white white make-up. She has to have a universal appeal and it works for her.Honestly, it's not just her looks that make her a huge star. There have been plenty black women before her who have been huge stars and have not had to conform image wise so much. Beyonce is just who she is. I honestly think she suits brown anyway. Alot of people across the world don't even think beyonce is black lol

She chose to conform image wise.. Why can't she do it music wise? R&B? ugh.. give me pop.. give me Sasha...

:umm:

Say what????

She chose to conform image wise.. Why can't she do it music wise? R&B? ugh.. give me pop.. give me Sasha...

:umm:

I'm honestly pretty skeptical to how exactly this album will pan out. She's selling off hype. Not necessarily the music itself. I've kind of started to think that she's not really able to understand or get the concept of what a signature album is really all about. This album will definitely be one of her most remembered, but I really don't hear anything memorable on there.

I'm honestly pretty skeptical to how exactly this album will pan out. She's selling off hype. Not necessarily the music itself. I've kind of started to think that she's not really able to understand or get the concept of what a signature album is really all about. This album will definitely be one of her most remembered, but I really don't hear anything memorable on there.

This album should be treated as a new Droid device... in 2 years.. it won't matter...

They're just going to remember that she surprised the world via a smooth marketing scheme

It's true it's purely hype, I wish the music was better. And I doubt she will get a hit song off this.

• Upvote 2

It's true it's purely hype, I wish the music was better. And I doubt she will get a hit song off this.

She won't.. but there are 0 radio friendly songs on this album... Nothing catchy... She forgot how songs worked? Where's the hooks?

She reminds me of Kanye... She thinks her music is modern art...

• Upvote 1

She won't.. but there are 0 radio friendly songs on this album... Nothing catchy... She forgot how songs worked? Where's the hooks?

She reminds me of Kanye... She thinks her music is modern art...

Yes. I think afew tracks may hit the top 20 but I don't hear a number one, and this hype will fade out. The funny thing is, she threw out grown woman at the beginning of the tour, plus standing on the sun, and because she didn't get the response she wanted, I think she just completely revised the whole project very quickly. I think she had a problem finding a lead song. You don't just perform standing in the sun and then scrap it off the album.

She reminds me of Kanye... She thinks her music is modern art

Do you not learn your lesson?

You said she was scared and her album is out breaking record.

And so does Pinks insecure ass

Beyonce Bound for No. 1 As Sales Soar Past 400,000

beyonce_chicago_03.jpg

tumblr_mbijwe4nld1qej93ko3_500.gif

And that's just in the US.

Wonder what the WW debut will look like.

tumblr_mxug8qkCOI1qinrlao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbijwe4nld1qej93ko3_500.gif

In any case, the stealth release of the "visual album" as an iTunes exclusive, with no individual tracks for sale and no Spotify to bastardize sales, powered Beyoncé past the 500k mark on Saturday, its second full day of availability, with 600k or more clearly in sight by the time the sales week ends and Apple’s window of exclusivity ends tonight. Needless to say, the album will easily debut at #1.

http://www.hitsdaily...s/rumormill.cgi

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9895-1386918983-1.gif

PS she debuted at #5 in the UK (the highest debut this week) with 68000 copies.