Is Beyonce About to 4lop?

SonofBaldwin

Beyonce's people say no, but other sources beg to differ:

beyonce_wireimage--300x300.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bracing_for_beyonce_bomb_EDquadfKwwCBjkn2jdE3rJ

Bracing for a Beyonce bomb

Last Updated: 5:14 AM, June 22, 2011

Posted: 12:08 AM, June 22, 2011

Columbia Records executives fear Beyoncé's new album, "4," could be a dud after she refused to return to the studio to re-record new tracks, sources say.

"They're very nervous about Beyoncé's new record," an industry insider told us. "It doesn't have the hit songs that her fans are used to. They asked her to make changes, but she said no."

Bracing for the worst, Columbia suits are strategizing in case of slower sales and have had "quiet discussions" about the reunion of Destiny's Child.

"Beyoncé's career has stalled a bit," a source told us. "Columbia seems to think they can get some mileage out of a comeback record with all of the girls." Another source tells us Destiny's Child could start recording together as early as October, with a suggested album title "Family Reunion."

But Kelly Rowland might not be eager to join forces again. Our source said, "She has her own solo career now, why would she want to be singing back up for Beyoncé?"

A Columbia rep told us, "All I know is that the record came in . . . Nothing was ever discussed to change it." Beyoncé's rep said, "All of this is completely untrue. All of it." Rowland's rep didn't get back to us.

Meanwhile, Columbia's parent company Sony Music, under new leadership of ex-Universal honcho Doug Morris, will be consolidating. Insiders say Sony honchos are in discussions to dump Jive Records, the label that signed Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. One of the most successful music labels, Jive was purchased for close to $3 billion in 2002.

Now, Peter Edge is poised to take over Sony's RCA label that will absorb many of Jive's artists -- but staff layoffs are still expected in July. "X-Factor" judge L.A. Reid jumped from Island Def Jam last week to revitalize Sony's Epic Records as chairman.

Sources say Sony plans to transfer Jive's Tom Carrabba to Epic to work under Reid and control his legendary spending. A Sony rep declined to comment.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are too worried. If one thing's for sure - even if it flops, the girl has shown that she's willing to take risk and learn how to use her full potential to become an actual musician instead of just 'that chick.' I'm proud of her either way.

If all is true ..

1. DC3 naming an album "FAMILY REUNION" -CORNY

2. Dead @ "Kelly might not be eager for a reunion because she has her own solo career" :asham:

3.Even if this album flops I have more respect for Beyonce than ever. She's sticking to her guns and not trading in her direction for "sales". Commendable.

If all is true ..

1. DC3 naming an album "FAMILY REUNION" -CORNY

2. Dead @ "Kelly might not be eager for a reunion because she has her own solo career" :asham:

3.Even if this album flops I have more respect for Beyonce than ever. She's sticking to her guns and not trading in her direction for "sales". Commendable.

But when you pick art over sales it is suppose to be good music. Beyonce has released an album of horrible songs. :filenails:

When will she see that her strength is in her fast songs. :thumbup:

She can sang but she needs to keep the ballads down to a minium.

Ok read the article sounds like a lot of hearsay, even if Beyonce is not going to do well, and I don't see her flopping maybe not slaying but definitely not flopping. The industry is basically trying any and everything they can to fix the broken business model of how do you sell something folks can easily steal. We should so a poll on that.....Will the music business ever find a way to sell records again? Or is music sales as they were will never be again? :filenails:

Maybe she'll update her look next time too. Cut her hair or something. :thumbup:

It worked for janet.

Her look does need to change, I think she went for a more evolved sound, the question is are her fans willing to grow with her? And yes she does need to get better production but her problem is she miss I know it all and "how dare you say no" :rolleyes:

But when you pick art over sales it is suppose to be good music. Beyonce has released an album of horrible songs. :filenails:

When will she see that her strength is in her fast songs. :thumbup:

She can sang but she needs to keep the ballads down to a minium.

Subjective ...so this argument falls flat,Nuk

KI! I know that's right..But she gets an "A" for effort. The album isn't horrible..it's just kinda boring. But in any event, I'll like to see how it all pans out..alot of her stans have been treating others like shit..and she's not seeing the success of her previous efforts..Karma is a beotch.

I don't care what any of you bum bitches have to say about Kelly but KNOW THIS, she is doing way better on the charts than Beyonce right now. People been rooting for Kelly to do good for years while Bee stans tried their hardest to tear her and the other girls down from DC for whatever reason.

IF Kelly goes back to DC I might lose all respect for her! She is proving that she has staying power, more real than Beyonce, and doing things all on her own without Matthew or DC.

As for Beyonce, what can i say? If her father was her manager I doubt this would be happening. But I understand why she drop that two timing asshole as her manager so it is what it is. Knowing how hard Beyonce works I doubt she will take this flop era sitting down. More than likely she will work her ass off to turn this into some sort of success.

I remember the same shit happening with The Velvet Rope and Janet working harder and fighting for the album by doing heavy promotional tour, traveling overseas, and followed up with a worldwide tour. Now most JanetFam look at that album as Janets most personal and groundbreaking album to date.

I like Beyonce's new album for it's heavy old school R&B tracks but I know the popular public ain't tryna hear all that shit! LOL

I remember the same shit happening with The Velvet Rope and Janet working harder and fighting for the album by doing heavy promotional tour, traveling overseas, and followed up with a worldwide tour. Now most JanetFam look at that album as Janets most personal and groundbreaking album to date.

I like Beyonce's new album for it's heavy old school R&B tracks but I know the popular public ain't tryna hear all that shit! LOL

Well considering the wide array of topics Janet dealt with, I can see why she fought so hard. Janet was determined to let mofos know that depression is real and just because I got all the money in the world, bitch I can be unhappy too.. :filenails:

While "The Velvet Rope" didn't have the instant obvious hits as the 3 albums before it, it still had some obvious hits. "I Get Lonely" we all knew was a hit at a first listen. Also Janet tackled really personal and social issues in a way she had never done before. Beyonce just has a bunch of boring love songs.

Can't compare the two. :filenails:

Well considering the wide array of topics Janet dealt with, I can see why she fought so hard. Janet was determined to let mofos know that depression is real and just because I got all the money in the world, bitch I can be unhappy too.. :filenails:

Tell him Mr @ss... :thumbup:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Its definately obvious that we have more in common than simply great figures that people admire and strive to obtain. :filenails:

Tell him Mr @ss... :thumbup:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Its definately obvious that we have more in common than simply great figures that people admire and strive to obtain. :filenails:

:asham: I don't have a great figure anymore.. <_<:tear::lmao:

Archived