The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

The point is that Christina never reached the peaks of Britney/Gaga and nor does she have decades worth of success that Janet's has, or even the continuing popularity of pink.

Christina came out big, but faltered fairly quickly. I'd be interested to know her total global album sales - I'm sure she would he closer to brand than britney.

• Upvote 1

Yes.. the GH album.. and that performance that looked weak and Lady Gaga-ish... Yes.. ONE tour in 2006... it's gonna take more than one tour to hold a position in the music industry... if you can't push album or singles to platinum status... you pretty much lost your place..

I don't remember any one else besides Janet in American Idol... I think Janet stole the show and no one else mattered

............One tour in 2007....you keep saying 2006, but the record is for 2007....because the tour was in 2007. And the look for the GH album was before anyone really knew who the hell Gaga was. And she's been Platinum, and had successful tours (all of them actually, never had a flop 1), I just keep mentioning that 1 because it beat every one elses and if she wasnt as good or popular (ever) as people want to make her sound, she wouldnt've ever had that kind of record. Even if it was or is her only 1, she has that going for her.

The point is that Christina never reached the peaks of Britney/Gaga and nor does she have decades worth of success that Janet's has, or even the continuing popularity of pink.

Christina came out big, but faltered fairly quickly. I'd be interested to know her total global album sales - I'm sure she would he closer to brand than britney.

But if Gaga's next album flops than Born this way would've been her peak and Christina has beaten it.and outlasted her in years of popularity. And she a decade worth of success 99-09, and considering that she or Britney or/especially Gaga hasn't been out for decadeS yet, it really has yet to be seen.

And as of 2011, Christina has sold 80million world wide and Brandy has sold 30milion worldwide, and Britney has just sold over 100mil world wide making her in fact closer to Britney than Brandy, thus proving that theyare not anywhere near the same level because they arent the same type of artist, hell that goes for all 3 of them, they arent the same or on the same levels.

But if Gaga's next album flops than Born this way would've been her peak and Christina has beaten it.and outlasted her in years of popularity. And she a decade worth of success 99-09, and considering that she or Britney or/especially Gaga hasn't been out for decadeS yet, it really has yet to be seen.

And as of 2011, Christina has sold 80million world wide and Brandy has sold 30milion worldwide, and Britney has just sold over 100mil world wide making her in fact closer to Britney than Brandy, thus proving that theyare not anywhere near the same level because they arent the same type of artist.

Touring wise.. Gaga shits on Xtina

if you want to base that on sales.. then go for it... but it's not just based off of sales.. it's career... everything.. from media to looks to fashion to stage presence..

............One tour in 2007....you keep saying 2006, but the record is for 2007....because the tour was in 2007. And the look for the GH album was before anyone really knew who the hell Gaga was. And she's been Platinum, and had successful tours (all of them actually, never had a flop 1), I just keep mentioning that 1 because it beat every one elses and if she wasnt as good or popular (ever) as people want to make her sound, she wouldnt've ever had that kind of record. Even if it was or is her only 1, she has that going for her.

no because she didn't tour for the last three flopping albums so how you gonna have a tour for a flopped album at her age.. it's embarrassing.. Paul is right... she cannot say "i've been there, done that" in 9 years... :lmao:

Touring wise.. Gaga shits on Xtina

if you want to base that on sales.. then go for it... but it's not just based off of sales.. it's career... everything.. from media to looks to fashion to stage presence..

In your opinion. Gaga has a better stage but I prefer Christina's dancing and live vocals. Gaga's show is more interesting because of all the sets and costumes, but not based on the talent, but alas thats my opinion

no because she didn't tour for the last three flopping albums so how you gonna have a tour for a flopped album at her age.. it's embarrassing.. Paul is right... she cannot say "i've been there, done that" in 9 years... :lmao:

1 flopping album really, nobody but Whitney really toured for soundtracks. And she already announced a tour for Lotus next year, so until she cancels it has yet to be seen if she'll tour or not. And Mariah toured for Glitter & Charm Bracelet at 32 & 33....same exact age as Christina, it's embarassing but its connecting with the fans. Sure she can, she can say she's won her grammy's, she's had the most successful tour of 2007, she has a signature ballad that was everywhere for years and that she's still called on to sing, she's had hit albums, she's had flop albums, she's been tiny, she's been big, she sure can say she's been there and done that in 9+ years :coffee:

we're not comparing Whitney with Christina... Again.. Whitney's been here for 20 years before druggin up...

Mariah has been here 20 years... you cannot compare.. .Xtina wishes she had an ounce of success like MC

The most successful tour of 2007 crap :sigh: it was one tour and it was for females because Madonna decided to take a vacay and Britney was making babies... which is already more successful than Xtina's if she has one.. idk because the media doesn't care

we're not comparing Whitney with Christina... Again.. Whitney's been here for 20 years before druggin up...

Mariah has been here 20 years... you cannot compare.. .Xtina wishes she had an ounce of success like MC

The most successful tour of 2007 crap :sigh: it was one tour and it was for females because Madonna decided to take a vacay and Britney was making babies... which is already more successful than Xtina's if she has one.. idk because the media doesn't care

Actually it's pretty easy to compare because they've both been where Christina is NOW around/in their 10 years in the industry both of their albums at their 10 year mark werent equated to their past/breakout success.. So sure I can compare to those 2 mega vocalists and will continue too :yep:

But Bey toured that year, And madge toured that year Rihanna toured that year, Britney had a mini tour that year, and your girl P!nk toured most of that year too, so it wasn't exactly like she was the only person out there doing it that year, and even if she was as irrelevant as people here make her sound, she still had the most successful tour that year :good:

Actually it's pretty easy to compare because they've both been where Christina is NOW around/in their 10 years in the industry both of their albums at their 10 year mark werent equated to their past/breakout success.. So sure I can compare to those 2 mega vocalists and will continue too :yep: Not to mention that talent wise she's the only women in the last 10 years to have almost as much range as Mariah's voice yet also the power of Whitney's voice.

But Bey toured that year, And madge toured that year Rihanna toured that year, Britney had a mini tour that year, and your girl P!nk toured most of that year too, so it wasn't exactly like she was the only person out there doing it that year, and even if she was as irrelevant as people here make her sound, she still had the most successful tour that year :good:

Xtina didn't make it to 10 :umm: no rounding bro.. nice try tho

It was the most successful in the UNITED STATES... not the world.. Beyonce doubled her sales

Xtina didn't make it to 10 :umm: no rounding bro.. nice try tho

It was the most successful in the UNITED STATES... not the world.. Beyonce doubled her sales

Sure she did, see Mariah didn't release an album on her 10 year mark in 2000, just like Christina didnt on hers in 2009, so for both their successes for the previous years spoke for the 10th year, before 2010, Christina Aguilera in her 10 years had not flopped, just like Mariah before 2001 :D

......um....actually "The Beyonce Experience" grossed 80mil.....Back To Basics grossed 90mil :asham:

And as of 2011, Christina has sold 80million world wide and Brandy has sold 30milion worldwide, and Britney has just sold over 100mil world wide making her in fact closer to Britney than Brandy, thus proving that theyare not anywhere near the same level because they arent the same type of artist, hell that goes for all 3 of them, they arent the same or on the same levels.

I don't remember Christina being popular up until 09 - as far as I remember back to basics did not sell as expected.

I'm talking about global popularity. Christina was popular. Just not on the superstar level of Janet/Madonna/Mariah - continuing success for decades. Not on the level of Britney or Pink. She was never the superstar new kid on the block on Gaga or Katy Perry's level.

Sure she did, see Mariah didn't release an album on her 10 year mark in 2000, just like Christina didnt on hers in 2009, so for both their successes for the previous years spoke for the 10th year, before 2010, Christina Aguilera in her 10 years had not flopped, just like Mariah before 2001 :D

......um....actually "The Beyonce Experience" grossed 80mil.....Back To Basics grossed 90mil :asham:

Xtina was already irrelevant by 2009 :umm: MC went on to sell 19 million records in the after her decline.. whereas Xtina sold... 5 million? including B2B

http://www.billboard.com/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003685265#/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003685265

The top 10 is rounded out by Kenny Chesney ($71.2 million), Rod Stewart ($70 million), Cirque Du Soleil's Delirium ($59.4 million), Roger Waters ($53.2 million), Tim McGraw/Faith Hill ($52.3 million), Christina Aguilera ($48.1 million) and Rascal Flatts ($41.6 million).

Again.. she was #1 female in the US only.. not World Wide..

I don't remember Christina being popular up until 09 - as far as I remember back to basics did not sell as expected.

I'm talking about global popularity. Christina was popular. Just not on the superstar level of Janet/Madonna/Mariah - continuing success for decades. Not on the level of Britney or Pink. She was never the superstar new kid on the block on Gaga or Katy Perry's level.

Oh, well I do, her greatest hits album commercials were everywhere and she was every where doing promo for it, maybe it was more popular in the U.S.

Acutally she was 1 of the superstar new kid on the block, thats why when she debut'd almost the same time as Britney they pinned them against each other because they both had monstrous success, and mega hit debut singles for their debut albums. And like I just pointed out to Game, Mariah didn't go from 1990-2009 with no flops, 01-04 were not good years career wise for Mariah.

• Upvote 1

Oh, well I do, her greatest hits album commercials were everywhere and she was every where doing promo for it, maybe it was more popular in the U.S.

Acutally she was 1 of the superstar new kid on the block, thats why when she debut'd almost the same time as Britney they pinned them against each other because they both had monstrous success, and mega hit debut singles for their debut albums. And like I just pointed out to Game, Mariah didn't go from 1990-2009 with no flops, 01-04 were not good years career wise for Mariah.

Well, I guess either my geographical location plays a part - or my memory is faulty :umm:

Xtina was already irrelevant by 2009 :umm: MC went on to sell 19 million records in the after her decline.. whereas Xtina sold... 5 million? including B2B

http://www.billboard...t_id=1003685265

Again.. she was #1 female in the US only.. not World Wide..

Are we really going to have to have the "album's don't sell like they used to" discussion? Please, black & white Mariah released 2 flop albums post her 10 year mark, Christina released 2 too.

The tour grossed $90 million, becoming Aguilera's second highest grossing tour and the highest grossing tour of 2007 for a Female.

Again, highest grossing of any women in 2007

I think some of you are giving Christina too much :umm:

Stripped was her peak. She's been downhill since. She was always a distant second to britney - then pink came and outdid her. Then she shifted focus and gaga came and outdid her by miles.

She's always the bridesmaid and never the bride. She was successful but she has never been a superstar like Britney or Gaga. She hasn't done enough to be a legend.

To be honest, she's on brandys level. Brandy is just further along the road. Both were big stars and successful, neither were superstars, and neither has had a long run of success to put them at Janet legend status where they can sit back and say "where these girls are, I've been, I've done it and I've seen it."

Paul please stop acting like Xtina was never a huge star. :lmao: 2002 - 2003, she was bigger than Pink, Britney, Beyonce, and the rest of her peers. Her joint tour with Justin grossed $75 million+. Britney was only more popular because of her manufactured image and sound. She was never taken seriously beyond her icon status, not a true artist. Plus, out of all of her peers, Britney is the least talented, hence why aside from the Video Vanguard Award, she doesn't have any distinguished awards or recognitions. She has that one Grammy for a song she didn't write. Sadly, Britney will forever represent the consequences of fame, nothing more, nothing less. Same with P!nk, who it took 10 years and 7 releases to finally get a #1 album in her native country. She's pretty much an underdog, and not even considered among the greats of the past decade. She's never been ranked alongside Britney, Xtina, Beyonce, Gaga, etc. She's kinda just there.

Gaga benefited from the rise of digital age, and even still she has yet to outsell Xtina's debut even with 5 monster global hits, a re-release with new material, a collaboration with Beyonce, a slew of videos, and a tour grossing over $200 million. :lmao: Her next album will determine if she'll be around for 10+ years or not. Because after "Born This Way" the outlook was not looking too promising. ea2a4fdb.gif @ her being on Brandy's level. First off, no she's not. Secondly, do you even remember how big Brandy was during her heyday? Christina has sold over 40 million albums (or something like that) according to her website. She has sold about 20 million singles, thus 60 million records from four successful albums (Debut, Stripped, Xmas, B2B). You can add two gold albums from Burlesque and her hits compilation, both sold over a million globally.

• Upvote 2

Yes I do remember how big brandy was.

As I said Christina was big. She never reached superstar status. Her biggest rival was britney. Pink came out and eclipsed her. Christina had a few very successful years but she peaked at the beginning. She hasn't sustained it like Pink.

As I said Christina was big. She never reached superstar status. Her biggest rival was britney. Pink came out and eclipsed her. Christina had a few very successful years but she peaked at the beginning. She hasn't sustained it like Pink.

grossing that much on tours and having your own tv specials and performing with Legends and singing the National Anthem more than a few times and selling that many albums says she's reached superstar status many years ago wth :mellow:
  • Upvote 1

So an artist who has 3 #1s from one album, sells 8 million stateside and 17 million globally isn't a superstar? K.

She's taking a season off of The Voice to tour next year so it's on the Agenda, no word if she'll cancel, but she only cancelled the Bionic/Burlesque tour because of The Voice.

i hope she tours, id love to see her again. itd be cool if she had miguel and azealia banks open for her.

i hope she tours, id love to see her again. itd be cool if she had miguel and azealia banks open for her.

YES, I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to be in the same room with that voice., and I hope she does the good dancing (I'd love to see her do some of the Burlesque dance moves). But yea I'm definitely there the next tour, whenever it is.