The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

And there is no way in the world Shit-tina has sold 80 million albums. Out of the top 3 girls from her generation, only she has to cancel tours based on low ticket sales.

She never canceled a tour for low ticket sales.

And where in this entire thread is there any mentioning of her selling 80 million albums? Stop being so pressed.

• Upvote 1

Look at you trying to pick certain moments out of a lifespan of careers. Britney has slaughtered her. P!nk has slaughered her even when she tried to run for P!nk's producers. The writing is on the wall. She needs to stop trying to write, and put her next album in the hands of anybody but her own. :umm:

Irrelevant to what I said.

No.. If it reaches top ten first week.. That's when you know it's HOTT... When it reaches 20-40 it's lukewarm..

High praise isn't enough to garner a hit.. Ask Brandy

Oh yeah.. That doesn't matter to me but once you go into the talent show business.. You're a has-been.. That doesn't mean Britney and nicki won't have any hits tho

The odds of a good (or bad) song by a 30+ yr old female artist debuting in the top 10 is not likely in this day in age no matter who you are.

I never said it was, why leave it at Brandy, Janet and every quality artist release quality songs not being hit's, it's not just a Brandy thing, it's happend to the best.

But it doesn't necessarily say Christina won't have any hit's in her future either, theres pelanty of people who went from flops to hot in their 30's (Diana, Aretha, Patti, Cher & Mariah).

The odds of a good (or bad) song by a 30+ yr old female artist debuting in the top 10 is not likely in this day in age no matter who you are.

I never said it was, why leave it at Brandy, Janet and every quality artist release quality songs not being hit's, it's not just a Brandy thing, it's happend to the best.

But it doesn't necessarily say Christina won't have any hit's in her future either, theres pelanty of people who went from flops to hot in their 30's (Diana, Aretha, Patti, Cher & Mariah).

Brandy isn't 40+ which is why i left Janet outta of this

Everyone you named have been around for more than 13 years :coffee: I'm not here for that

Brandy isn't 40+ which is why i left Janet outta of this

Everyone you named have been around for more than 13 years :coffee: I'm not here for that

But Janet in her 30's didnt have any top 10 debuting songs

BUT,EVERYONE I named didn't have 10 years of straight success (ALL Of them had their share of flops in their late 20's & most of their 30's, hell because most of them released multiple albums in the same year it makes it even heavier, and they had their fanbases and markets)

She never canceled a tour for low ticket sales.

She's anxious to go back out on the road for the first time since 2007's Back to Basics tour, having canceled 2010's Bionic tour due in part to poor ticket sales

MmmmmHmmmm....

http://www.billboard.com/features/christina-aguilera-billboard-cover-story-1007955332.story#/features/christina-aguilera-billboard-cover-story-1007955332.story

Billboard>>>>>>

But Janet in her 30's didnt have any top 10 debuting songs

BUT,EVERYONE I named didn't have 10 years of straight success (ALL Of them had their share of flops in their late 20's & most of their 30's, hell because most of them released multiple albums in the same year it makes it even heavier, and they had their fanbases and markets)

All For You debuted where on the charts? She was 35 at the time...what about TOGETHER AGAIN.. Debuting at #9.. Janet was 31

All For You debuted where on the charts? She was 35 at the time...what about TOGETHER AGAIN.. Debuting at #9.. Janet was 31

All For You debut'd at #16, but yea Together Again & I get Lonely debut'd in the top 10, so she was an exception, didnt happen for any of the other legends I listed (sadly it probably happend for Madge too), but still, my point is it's not an easy thing for a post 30 female entertainer to do, and it's not common.

All For You debut'd at #16, but yea Together Again & I get Lonely debut'd in the top 10, so she was an exception, didnt happen for any of the other legends I listed (sadly it probably happend for Madge too), but still, my point is it's not an easy thing for a post 30 female entertainer to do, and it's not common.

But it can be done :coffee: Janet has done it three or more times

But it can be done :coffee: Janet has done it three or more times

True, but Janet never did it coming off of a flop era did she? So my point remains, for Christina to come off of a flop era and her very 1st single debuting that high, is a great thing for her,as it is for any post 30 female pop act who's previous effort was a flop.

It's not Janet's fault that Xtina hasn't been relevant since Stripped.. It's not Janet's fault Xtina never had a marketable audience.. It's not Janet's fault that Xtina is fat.. Sorry Janet has had back-to-back success for singing about shit people love and Xtina is stuck selling Britney and P!nk's leftover songs

Debut means nothing when the peak is everything... A song can debut at #100 but peak at #1 or top 3 for weeks... That's what matters.. Not the debut

It's not Janet's fault that Xtina hasn't been relevant since Stripped.. It's not Janet's fault Xtina never had a marketable audience.. It's not Janet's fault that Xtina is fat.. Sorry Janet has had back-to-back success for singing about shit people love and Xtina is stuck selling Britney and P!nk's leftover songs

Debut means nothing when the peak is everything... A song can debut at #100 but peak at #1 or top 3 for weeks... That's what matters.. Not the debut

LOFL!!!! Really? You been listening to King a lil too much, we're resorting to lying now? 1st off nearly every thing people have complained about with Christina has the same complaints with Janet "She needs to loose weight, she keeps singing about the same stuff, she's a flop", so you're making Janet out to be something she's not, can't help you there, Janet's career hasn't been perfect from every single album post Control, so you're doing the most right now implying that she's never had a chart/album/era struggle, like most post 30 pop divas. Um back to basics was a financial and critical success in nearly every way, seriously? HELL her greatest hit's album was a financial & critical success in every way, and she just had 3 new songs on it. You and the other haters keep going on & on about her not having an audience, when actually she does and always has, she's the only women in her generation who was known for being the vocalist, THATS her audience, it's the audience Whitney, Celine & Mariah shared in their time. Why are you making stuff up now? "leftover songs"? what are you talking about?

Says you, but in reality, a song can also debut at #10, and fall to #50. The Peak is important with every artist

Game...you know me well enough to know you can't just say whatever you want and Im gonna leave it alone... what's going on Game....lets talk it out, it's not like you to just start lying out of nowhere, I give you more credit than that.

LOFL!!!! Really? You been listening to King a lil too much, we're resorting to lying now? 1st off nearly every thing people have complained about with Christina has the same complaints with Janet "She needs to loose weight, she keeps singing about the same stuff, she's a flop", so you're making Janet out to be something she's not, can't help you there, Janet's career hasn't been perfect from every single album post Control, so you're doing the most right now implying that she's never had a chart/album/era struggle, like most post 30 pop divas. Um back to basics was a financial and critical success in nearly every way, seriously? HELL her greatest hit's album was a financial & critical success in every way, and she just had 3 new songs on it. You and the other haters keep going on & on about her not having an audience, when actually she does and always has, she's the only women in her generation who was known for being the vocalist, THATS her audience, it's the audience Whitney, Celine & Mariah shared in their time. Why are you making stuff up now? "leftover songs"? what are you talking about?

Says you, but in reality, a song can also debut at #10, and fall to #50. The Peak is important with every artist

Game...you know me well enough to know you can't just say whatever you want and Im gonna leave it alone... what's going on Game....lets talk it out, it's not like you to just start lying out of nowhere, I give you more credit than that.

umm I'm King :umm: not Nuke...

Janet is never fat during eras :umm: (except CONTROL) :shifty:

She does have an audience? oh... who? the "vocalist" group... Ummm no.. sorry but no one's checking for Xtina.. the new album and the previous albums are proof... she was coming off Stripped when B2B was released.. just like Adele's next project... it sold that much because of the previous project success... then she dropped off the earth because she has nothing to talk about.. she doesn't know where to go with her music.. you can tell by the inconsistent tracks on every album... there's no emotion behind her music... She doesn't stand for anything or anyone.. She tries too hard

Janet has dancing & acting to back-up her lack of creativity in the lyrical department... Xtina has screeching vocals... that's not enough

MC has something to sing about... or at least had something to sing about... and she's one of the best writers in the industry (or was one)... MC can write Xtina and all the other girls under a bridge.. being a vocalist doesn't sell records... you have to have some niche... and Xtina doesn't have one.. Lady Gaga took xtina's fans.. Beyonce took Xtina's fans... P!nk took xtina's fans... All she has is a talent show and they don't even need her

umm I'm King :umm: not Nuke...

Janet is never fat during eras :umm: (except CONTROL) :shifty:

She does have an audience? oh... who? the "vocalist" group... Ummm no.. sorry but no one's checking for Xtina.. the new album and the previous albums are proof... she was coming off Stripped when B2B was released.. just like Adele's next project... it sold that much because of the previous project success... then she dropped off the earth because she has nothing to talk about.. she doesn't know where to go with her music.. you can tell by the inconsistent tracks on every album... there's no emotion behind her music... She doesn't stand for anything or anyone.. She tries too hard

Janet has dancing & acting to back-up her lack of creativity in the lyrical department... Xtina has screeching vocals... that's not enough

MC has something to sing about... or at least had something to sing about... and she's one of the best writers in the industry (or was one)... MC can write Xtina and all the other girls under a bridge.. being a vocalist doesn't sell records... you have to have some niche... and Xtina doesn't have one.. Lady Gaga took xtina's fans.. Beyonce took Xtina's fans... P!nk took xtina's fans... All she has is a talent show and they don't even need her

I've always called you Game, and I'll continue to,I call him King cause it's been his name since I've been talking to him, and right now your acting worst than him (thats saying ALOT), and Game you just contradicted yourself, you said she's never been fat for any eras, except Control, which she was....

LOFL @ "she was coming off stripped", yea that'd be argueable if B2B were like 2 years after Stripped (like it should've been), but no....it was 4 years after Stripped, and regardless of coming off of Stripped or not, thats irrelevant, YOU said she "hasn't been relevant since Stripped" which as obviously said and proven is a plain LIE, that you YOURSELF implied first hand, if she hwasnt been relevant since then any follow up to Stripped wouldnt've been relevant either. Why you're resulting to lying I don't know but im disappointed in seeing it from you. And again you;re really trying to imply that shes just had flop after flop after flop...when in reality it was 2 albums...dude Aretha and Diana went through much worst...when they were younger than her, give it up. It's soo funny you feel that way, but it's an opinion....held by you...and her other haters, I mean really. Why is she supposed to stand for something? She does her, she makes good music it's her job. You don't like it oh well.

Hmm you say just being a vocalist doesn't sell records, um....tell that to Celine, and Whitney. And Christna is lyricist and has something to sing about, she always has and she's always doing something when she's not in music, like again where is this coming from now, you just went from normal conversation to flat out hate and lies..... And sadly for your and everyone elses argument that "Bey/Gaga/P!nk took their fans" no they didn't, because none of them were/are the flat out ballad vocalist of their generation (Bey could've been but again she's more known for her dance music, P!nk is a rocker, she could've been a major vocalist for her generation too but she stays in Rock, Gaga's stuck in dance like Bey, she is NOT known for her ballads and vocals like Christina), sorry to break this to you,but people who like big voices and like hers more than likely still do, Christina's still pushing the edge beyond just being pop & safe, still going into other genres unlike people in her generation for the most part)

If you're bored and want to argue for entertainment, thats cool, I do it all the time, but why lie? or almost as bad load your argument with mostly your opinion opposed to facts. I thought higher of you than that Norm, just flat out lying and presenting opinions as facts does not win the argument....I REALLLY thought you knew that...don't fuck with me with lies & opinions when discussing my fave musicians, if you can't deliver me facts, than you're already admitting defeat.

• Upvote 1

MmmmmHmmmm....

http://www.billboard...007955332.story

Billboard>>>>>>

Dear fans,

I made the decision to move my summer tour and I am truly sorry to those of you who had purchased tickets and have been disappointed by the news. Immediately after wrapping production on Burlesque, I went directly back into the studio and then quickly started the promotional process for Bionic. With both the album press and film press I am booked the entire summer and need time to focus on the work at hand. After reviewing the schedule with my team, I realized there was not enough time to put together and rehearse for a proper show, one that is at the caliber you expect from me or at the level I would present to my fans. In addition, my album has not even been released as yet and I would like for you all to become familiar with the music before you hear it live on tour. Again, I am sorry to have to move the dates but I promise to come see you when the time is right!

I look forward to seeing you all on the road soon enough to get BIONIC…

With love,

C/X

http://www.christina...com/us/node/775

Billboard is not the authority on ticket sales, Ticketmaster is.

Christina > Billboard > you

121213-17-Christina-Aguilera.jpg

Christina Aguilera - Lotus (RCA)

Christina Aguilera lost the battle to use "unapologetic" in an album title this year, but Lotus, her falsely-labeled-as-a-"comeback" seventh studio LP, made concessions to no one. The game's greatest belter fully embraced her pop otherness while flipping off the body snark, the media-instigated chart rivalries, and whatever else there was to say about her reality-TV detour. Because she hasn't played on the same pop field as Rihanna or Britney this millennia — Xtina was always the one who could sang — Lotus wasn't animated by a radio-pop producer Svengali (though Alex da Kid and Max Martin were around to smooth the edges); it was defined by the singer's concept of her own "rebirth." So what we got were three defiant kiss-off anthems (four if you count the deluxe version's "Shut Up"), her trademark lung-clearing self-empowerment ballads, and enough big-fat-bass-bottomed EDM singles to carry Lotus through its album cycle. "Your Body" notched the record's only No. 1 — on the Dance/Club Play chart, naturally. NICOLE SIA

http://www.spin.com/articles/best-pop-albums-2012?slide=4

• Upvote 1

Dear fans,

I made the decision to move my summer tour and I am truly sorry to those of you who had purchased tickets and have been disappointed by the news. Immediately after wrapping production on Burlesque, I went directly back into the studio and then quickly started the promotional process for Bionic. With both the album press and film press I am booked the entire summer and need time to focus on the work at hand. After reviewing the schedule with my team, I realized there was not enough time to put together and rehearse for a proper show, one that is at the caliber you expect from me or at the level I would present to my fans. In addition, my album has not even been released as yet and I would like for you all to become familiar with the music before you hear it live on tour. Again, I am sorry to have to move the dates but I promise to come see you when the time is right!

With love,

C/X

Move the summer tour, eh? I wonder where it moved to..

Dear fans,

With love,

C/X

and there it is!!! :coffee: