The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

So an artist who has 3 #1s from one album, sells 8 million stateside and 17 million globally isn't a superstar? K.

you get what he meant Aussie :rolleyes: Xtina isn't as big as a star as her rivals... (Britney/P!nk/Beyonce)... She just doesn't have it.. and she knows that... which is why she chose to just host a show... she settled.. and that's fine.. What's happening to her is probably whats going to happen to Britney too... She'll drop an album and it won't sell... like Femme Fatale..

Britney lost her gimmick... and Xtina kinda never had one...

you get what he meant Aussie :rolleyes: Xtina isn't as big as a star as her rivals... (Britney/P!nk/Beyonce)... She just doesn't have it.. and she knows that... which is why she chose to just host a show... she settled.. and that's fine.. What's happening to her is probably whats going to happen to Britney too... She'll drop an album and it won't sell... like Femme Fatale..

Britney lost her gimmick... and Xtina kinda never had one...

And? Beyonce and P!nk were never as big as Britney. Britney and Xtina were never big as Backstreet Boys. See how ridiculous that argument is? There are varying levels of popularity, and to sit here and act like Xtina was never the top female act is ludicrous. DeadBanana.gif

Every artist has a gimmick. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

And? Beyonce and P!nk were never as big as Britney. Britney and Xtina were never big as Backstreet Boys. See how ridiculous that argument is? There are varying levels of popularity, and to sit here and act like Xtina was never the top female act is ludicrous. DeadBanana.gif

Every artist has a gimmick. :rolleyes:

It's a discussion... Not an argument... And this is about Xtina compared to everyone else... Not "let's name the biggest late-90s debut singers"

She was always be #2 to Britney and that's something you're gonna have to deal with

I know they do and I said "their gimmicks are expired" tho Xtina's gimmick clashed with her true U

She was always be #2 to Britney and that's something you're gonna have to deal with

I agree. She never got out of Britney's shadow when it mattered.

The only time she ever pulled one over Britney was when she won the Grammy for Best New Artist.

It's very telling her peak was the album that was essentially stepping out of Britney's shadow, the manufactured image rebuke on stripped. Once she was "out" so to speak it didn't really matter and she slipped into oblivion -_-

See you on a dark night -_-

Also you can't say Christina foreshadowed gaga in anyway regarding fashion. Christina always looked like a hapless fashion victim, because it was only her clothes that were ridiculous and nothing else (aside from her runs). Gagas entire persona was and is built around doing too much and she came out of the gate that way. Shell dress like its Halloween but then she'll bleed to death on stage too.

• Upvote 2

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh the uninformed,

Christina's debut had 4 singles, and all 4 were top 10's, & 3 #1's. Britney's debut had 5 singles, 2 top 10's, & 1 #1 Sorry but there clearly was a time where Christina overshadowed Britney in the beginning, plus the awards and praise Christina got. And I think Jive knew this which is why they followed her up with 2 albums right after each other, where's Christina waited almost 3 ears...and as Austin put so perfectly, took over when she came back. Also the only time her look was manufactured in any way was during that 1st album. If being bigger than Britney was a priority for Xtina, she would've followed up that debut with a studio album in 2000 & 2001, and similiar to the way Britney did it they both would've had songs that sounded like songs left off of the 1st album. She pulled 1 over Britney for the year of 1999, done, in every way.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh the uninformed,

Christina's debut had 4 singles, and all 4 were top 10's, & 3 #1's. Britney's debut had 5 singles, 2 top 10's, & 1 #1 Sorry but there clearly was a time where Christina overshadowed Britney in the beginning, plus the awards and praise Christina got. And I think Jive knew this which is why they followed her up with 2 albums right after each other, where's Christina waited almost 3 ears...and as Austin put so perfectly, took over when she came back. Also the only time her look was manufactured in any way was during that 1st album. If being bigger than Britney was a priority for Xtina, she would've followed up that debut with a studio album in 2000 & 2001, and similiar to the way Britney did it they both would've had songs that sounded like songs left off of the 1st album. She pulled 1 over Britney for the year of 1999, done, in every way.

You should know that Britney's label also improperly released her singles before the digital era. Britney's debut has also moved nearly six million more units than Christina's -- stateside only. And if we've learned anything from the current climate of the music industry, album success > singles success.

And awards mean nothing to one's status or success in pop culture. Janet and Madonna have both been snubbed Grammys for decades but they are revered as pop culture elites. Britney has one Grammy to her name and she was the center of the pop universe for ten years. Christina has four and she's nothing more than a laughing point at this stage of her career.

• Upvote 2

It's so sad how late you are on Legendtina smh

I wasn't checking for her since "Stripped" ....I can't be bothered with all these gals putting on tracks and shit, imagine when I decide to hear Brandy's album cause some of ya'll swear her thread needs to stay up top I be like not since Full Moon boo :umm:

It's so sad how late you are on Legendtina smh

I'm old Joe, you ought to be thankful I wasn't able to clock yo tea over being late on The Game :whistle: but the board is not filled with the over 30 crowd soooooo they came for you, BUT I will say I respect anyone who says what they think and gives nary a fuck what anyone says so do you