• Michael Jackson at his peak!
    • Janet Jackson at her peak!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael was otherworldly -_-

I've always been of the mind that Michael was good at what he did, but what he did was usually limited to pop-locking street moves. It's rare that I got to see Michael actually do the kind of choreographed moves that Janet did. That's not to take anything away from Michael at all. It's just an observation.

I've always been of the mind that Michael was good at what he did, but what he did was usually limited to pop-locking street moves. It's rare that I got to see Michael actually do the kind of choreographed moves that Janet did. That's not to take anything away from Michael at all. It's just an observation.

Yeah, but he was so good at it. It's like you weren't watching a human being.

their styles are very different...I think MJ is naturally a better dancer when it comes to doing the type of dancing he did...as far as choreography goes, I've always felt that Janet was better and had much better routines than MJ...it all depends on what you consider to be a better...there are several people I feel are better dancers than MJ, but they did not have his showmanship...I feel that his showmanship was always the best thing about him...if you saw an artist without MJ's showmanship perform his songs with the exact same routines, a lot of it would look good as opposed to great...some of it would probably look just alright, but MJ doing it makes it great...like if I saw someone else perform the Dangerous routine I probably wouldn't look twice, but MJ made the shit amazing....the one thing I really never liked about MJ is that he damn near kept himself in a box...I never thought he reached his full potential...he got comfortable with something and he kept doing it over and over...MJ performed almost the same concert on all his tours...I give Janet and M Dolla the upper hand when it comes to their tours by a far margin

i cant believe you asked this, that hurts, im like whew, how do I vote? I can say this, Michael NEVER really changed his dancing, he did alot of the same over and over, BUT Janet did at least bring in new choreographers and new styles, she really worked the "street" style, as far as "art" goes Michael stands as a genius alone

U can't really compare, cause ones a chick and ones a dude. It's not like MJ is gonna do a routine like All Nite Don't Stop.

That's like taking Ciara and Chris brown and asking who's the better pole dancer

Girls can however get away with more masculine routines.

Actually, I disagree. In fact, one of the things that makes Chris Brown not only a better dancer than Ciara, but also Usher, Omarion and the others is that Chris isn't afraid to do some of the more feminine things. Great dancers, male or female, don't limit their gender energies.

i cant believe you asked this, that hurts, im like whew, how do I vote? I can say this, Michael NEVER really changed his dancing, he did alot of the same over and over, BUT Janet did at least bring in new choreographers and new styles, she really worked the "street" style, as far as "art" goes Michael stands as a genius alone

i'd say when it comes to performing and art, he is definitely stand alone as the best showman....I won't get into the genius part of it...I already made a thread about that and was pleasantly surprised that folks weren't in there doing the most lol...I think everyone knows my stance on MJ being a genius beyond being a genius showman lol

Actually, I disagree. In fact, one of the things that makes Chris Brown not only a better dancer than Ciara, but also Usher, Omarion and the others is that Chris isn't afraid to do some of the more feminine things. Great dancers, male or female, don't limit their gender energies.

Well to be honest ...Ciara doesnt limit herself genderwise either..she can give u female but Ciara gives u MALE DANCER too ..thats what I love about Ciara that she's dancing "HARD" like a nigga at times. She can easily go toe to toe with the males.