Teena Marie Died?

SonofBaldwin

Out of all the girls out Christina would do the best job even whitney gave her props @ the bet awards (shade but still props)

Xtina can sing, but Lisa Stansfield would be a better choice. Vocally Lisa's voice is more seductive like Teena's was. Plus Lisa is more rooted in R&B like Teena. They had more in common musically. Xtina is really more of a pop artist.

now tell me why I just broke all the way down listening to Fire and Desire...it was in my Teena Marie playlist (yes, all the greats have their own playlist in my itunes)and while listening it just hit me that her and Rick are both gone and I broke it all the way down ya'll....I don't think you guys understand how much I fux with Teena Marie...then I remembered my uncle who passed away last year cuz he LOVED Teena...I broke down again

Xtina can sing, but Lisa Stansfield would be a better choice. Vocally Lisa's voice is more seductive like Teena's was. Plus Lisa is more rooted in R&B like Teena. They had more in common musically. Xtina is really more of a pop artist.

i know that im talking about of all the new girls tho

now tell me why I just broke all the way down listening to Fire and Desire...it was in my Teena Marie playlist (yes, all the greats have their own playlist in my itunes)and while listening it just hit me that her and Rick are both gone and I broke it all the way down ya'll....I don't think you guys understand how much I fux with Teena Marie...then I remembered my uncle who passed away last year cuz he LOVED Teena...I broke down again

Sometimes I have a delayed reaction to stuff like this lol... I heard fire & desire and almost cried... she was a big part of my child hood... Losing all these stars of the 80's make me feel old and I'm only 27... :tear:

Legend? I guess we name all the artists that past away a legend..

Elvis is a legend... Michael is a legend... Teenia in that same category... No (with alll due respect)

If I made a thread about her last month.. I bet none of u would call her a legend...

One can be a legend within their own genre of music. Teena may not have had mainstream success but within the R&B world she is indeed a legend. People were citing her as an influence for years now. Just because YOU aren't familiar with her work doesn't mean she isn't well respected and cherished. You need to stop now. :coffee:

One can be a legend within their own genre of music. Teena may not have had mainstream success but within the R&B world she is indeed a legend. People were citing her as an influence for years now. Just because YOU aren't familiar with her work doesn't mean she isn't well respected and cherished. You need to stop now. :coffee:

Ure reaching... Influential to few.. Legend? No.. A legend is never forgotten.. Whose influence impacts more than a few artists... Who had success in his or her field Of work.. Real success.. Not moderate success... A few R&B hits and a platinum album...

You're only saying that cuz she died... I'm not here for pity votes...

Ure reaching... Influential to few.. Legend? No.. A legend is never forgotten.. Whose influence impacts more than a few artists... Who had success in his or her field Of work.. Real success.. Not moderate success... A few R&B hits and a platinum album...

Are you saying that Teena is not a legend in the R&B world???????

Legend? I guess we name all the artists that past away a legend..

Elvis is a legend... Michael is a legend... Teenia in that same category... No (with alll due respect)

If I made a thread about her last month.. I bet none of u would call her a legend...

Teena Marie is an R&B legend. It's not really debatable and I was never nothing more than a casual listener of hers :mellow:

And if you had made a thread about her last month, you'd be better off instead of confusing her with that irrelevant, generic, manufactured "artist," known as Teairra Mari :rolleyes:

She has had success in her genre. In case you haven't noticed, back in the day, R&B artists getting gold and platinum certifications were a big deal. Only a few of the R&B artists were able to crossover. Just because she didn't crossover and just because you refuse to educate yourself about her, doesn't mean she isn't one in her own genre.