Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

im sure because of jay z he got some help for the bee hive

One song doesn't ship 950k albums :umm: ... Especially if that song cost 1.29$

Nice try though

IDK anybody else who came out with an album this year so.... and it's also sad that before Justin the highest selling album of the year had sold 600,000 copies. Oh and that's enough use of that gif :)

It's sad for the industry but not for JT. Actually it makes more historic

After Adele's success this does not surprise me.

In fact Pink, Katy Perry, and many others should prob go the soul/rnb route quickly while the train is still running.

Miley is about to drop that hip hop album soon. Can't say I blame her

Besides Adele... They would fail...

Miley will flop

Except that it did....

"Looking 4 Myself received generally positive reviews from music critics."

Yeah? Too bad that doesn't equal sale sales... Since JT outsold that album by last Thursday

950k first week - 3-4x as much as yo fav flop

Yea that sucks especially since I've always gone on & on that sales are the most important thing to me OhGirlPlease_zps5b869a36.gif

The sales are impressive, but again, a bad artist with big album sales isn't new, if it were Lil Wayne's sales wouldn't be impressive either :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Yeah? Too bad that doesn't equal sale sales... Since JT outsold that album by last Thursday

When have reviews ever equaled sales? Why it was even brought up is beyond me. The Velvet Rope had great reviews but it wasn't a hit until months after it's release. Maxwell, Babyface, R Kelly... we can go down the list for decades of talented people who will never see 500k+ opening numbers. The Adele album and 20/20 is nothing special.

At least the artists I mentioned actually have good reviews. While JT may sell well, the reviews have been a mixed bag.

I only posted what I did because people always try to say that Usher doesn't get "critical" acclaim. Whelp folks Usher already has a Diamond album, and now he has critical acclaim :wave:

Yea that sucks especially since I've always gone on & on that sales are the most important thing to me OhGirlPlease_zps5b869a36.gif

The sales are impressive, but again, a bad artist with big album sales isn't new, if it were Lil Wayne's sales wouldn't be impressive either :coffee:

Justin Timberlake is far from terrible, but its hard to defend the music industry right now when "Thrift Shop" and "Harlem Shake" are the #1 songs in America at the moment.

Is Justin a bad artist. No

But 900k? Who are these white girls trying to kid :asham: Surely there's something better they could purchase.

Justin Timberlake is far from terrible, but its hard to defend the music industry right now when "Thrift Shop" and "Harlem Shake" are the #1 songs in America at the moment.

But 900k? Who are these white girls trying to kid :asham: Surely there's something better they could purchase.

Oh yea Im not saying he's the worst to ever do it but he's just weak, theres weaker ofcourse but yea I find his talent dead even with Bieber so thats not very high, not the lowest of lows, but bellow my standards :coffee:

but none of your favs are even in the running...they're miles behind in last place. If you're not mad this would be a good time to be. ^_^

Not mad at all. We'll see how it holds out :)

Except that it did....

"Looking 4 Myself received generally positive reviews from music critics. Looking 4 Myself earned Usher three nominations at the 2012 American Music Awards for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist and Favorite Soul/R&B Album.Usher won the award for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist for the third consecutive year.At the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, "Climax" earned Usher his eighth Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance."

oop! :coffee:

if anybody thinks alot of blacks are buying Justin's albums they lying to themselves :lol:

Whoa a missed a lot in here. :lol:

I will quickly say this about the Superbowl: I was definitely very disappointed how he handled it. However, since I hate when the media dwells on the negative, I won't do the same against him. Honestly I just want to remember it for the great show that it was ^_^ (AFY & RN anyway).

Anyway, congrats on JT's first week sales. Despite its flaws, it's still a descent album imho.

• Upvote 1

Except that it did....

"Looking 4 Myself received generally positive reviews from music critics. Looking 4 Myself earned Usher three nominations at the 2012 American Music Awards for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist and Favorite Soul/R&B Album.Usher won the award for Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist for the third consecutive year.At the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, "Climax" earned Usher his eighth Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance."

Who da fuck cares about nominations? :lmao: We're only here for WINS.

1) He only won fav male soul/r&b for 3 consecutive years cause there is no one else to give it to. Its not alot of males doin much..NO COMP...so he won by default. SHUT.DOWN.

2) Funny that you wanna mention the one lil grammy he recently won cuz aren't you the same one that said grammys hold no merit since Ms.Wind Machine has so many? SHUT.DOWN.

3) Ya boy better be glad that Justin doesn't release when he does cuz it would be an even more gruesome scene. There would be a chalked out trace of another one of JT's victims. :lmao:

Whoa a missed a lot in here. :lol:

I will quickly say this about the Superbowl: I was definitely very disappointed how he handled it. However, since I hate when the media dwells on the negative, I won't do the same against him. Honestly I just want to remember it for the great show that it was ^_^ (AFY & RN anyway).

Anyway, congrats on JT's first week sales. Despite its flaws, it's still a descent album imho.

Spoken like a true Janet fan with maturity. :wink: Why on earth do ppl wanna keep the negative aspect shining like the great white light (like some of these fans)...I will never understand.

That's subjective.. The "bad artist" and Wayne comment

My mother would agree.. JT is the biggest pop star this day.. Right now and you're upset

When have reviews ever equaled sales? Why it was even brought up is beyond me. The Velvet Rope had great reviews but it wasn't a hit until months after it's release. Maxwell, Babyface, R Kelly... we can go down the list for decades of talented people who will never see 500k+ opening numbers. The Adele album and 20/20 is nothing special.

At least the artists I mentioned actually have good reviews. While JT may sell well, the reviews have been a mixed bag.

I only posted what I did because people always try to say that Usher doesn't get "critical" acclaim. Whelp folks Usher already has a Diamond album, and now he has critical acclaim :wave:

That's bc Janet released GTIG and not IGL or TA... And this isn't Janet related and its not 1997.. AND Janet's TVR album didn't sell 950 first week. Talk about horrible comparison.. Try someone who released in this era..

Who da fuck cares about nominations? :lmao: We're only here for WINS.

1) He only won fav male soul/r&b for 3 consecutive years cause there is no one else to give it to. Its not alot of males doin much..NO COMP...so he won by default. SHUT.DOWN.

2) Funny that you wanna mention the one lil grammy he recently won cuz aren't you the same one that said grammys hold no merit since Ms.Wind Machine has so many? SHUT.DOWN.

3) Ya boy better be glad that Justin doesn't release when he does cuz it would be an even more gruesome scene. There would be a chalked out trace of another one of JT's victims. :lmao:

1) & 2) I didn't bring critics and reviews into it, you did :umm: So you can't get mad when I tell you that he won grammys or received positive reviews SHUTDOWN

3) Coulda, shoulda, woulda :coffee: We'll never know since JT was too scared to release music during the economic crisis. As usual he left once shit hit the industry fan :lmao:

• Upvote 1

1) & 2) I didn't bring critics and reviews into it, you did :umm: So you can't get mad when I tell you that he won grammys or received positive reviews SHUTDOWN

3) Coulda, shoulda, woulda :coffee: We'll never know since JT was too scared to release music during the economic crisis. As usual he left once shit hit the industry fan :lmao:

Reviews and award shows are two DIFFERENT things, so there was no reason to bring up awards. Stick to the topic,next time. Only the desperate bring up other shit. B)

JT left once shit hit the industry fan? You would have a point if he never returned but instead he chose to return at a time where the industry is in a massive dump!!!! SO HE CANT BE TOO SCARED :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: And is already outselling all of your favs put together at such a terrible time in the industry. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: GO MAKE SOME JT MIX VIDEOS,king him :lol: .

JT left once shit hit the industry fan? You would have a point if he never returned but instead he chose to return at a time where the industry is in a massive dump!!!! SO HE CANT BE TOO SCARED :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: And is already outselling all of your favs put together at such a terrible time in the industry. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: GO MAKE SOME JT MIX VIDEOS,king him :lol: .

He returned once blue eyed soul and Adele was on the rise. And conveniently after billboard changed their charts :coffee:

All he has is the "My Love" video. JT is not a video/visual artists so there is no need to make video mixes. ;)

He returned once blue eyed soul and Adele was on the rise. And conveniently after billboard changed their charts :coffee:

OhWhatAReach_zps617ff748.gif

Adele rose 3 years ago :umm:. There's plenty of white artists out there who have been successful since 2006 :umm:. The rule change hasn't affected him. He sold 900+k because people were checking for him and he actually promoted when it mattered unlike the people that promote AFTER the album is released.

And since when was blue eyed soul 'on the rise' :umm:. It's been there for decades. The most successful solo artist is a 'blue eyed soul' singer and he died 30+ years ago.

• Upvote 2