Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

The 48 hour pop star challenge :excited: Justin don't want it

No Timbaland, no JD, just them producing on their own. :yahoo: Usher would win hands down. The vocals alone would massacre. Usher's over all look, fashion sense, clothing line and image is just better. And lord don't let it be a dance record. The stage performance would send Justin home crying.

tumblr_ldpj0yS5vN1qfy0g6o1_400.gif

tumblr_mjkuc4iyUd1qbh0eio2_250_zps7289cefc.gif

No one here is illiterate, they are capable of reading.

Nice blog. I see his points and feel that Justin will always have a wider audience when compared to R&B artists. Since his days with N*SYNC he's had pop on lock and once the "Celebrity" album came around, they went after an urban audience with "Gone" and "Girlfriend". That set him up nicely for "Justified" and the rest is history...

Blaming race to me is just a lazy excuse for the close minded.

Thanks for posting!!

Race has everything to do with it.
  • Upvote 1

Race has everything to do with it.

So was Usher a white man when he sold a million his 1st wk back in 04?

Its all about status,anticipation and starpower. People were anticipating Usher back then which is why that was a huge era for him. You would have a point if no black artist did huge numbers but they do.

• Upvote 1

The King plays Piano & Guitar. Take several seats

Usher1.jpg

....they're moreso used as props. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: He's no exceptional player...besides JT plays far more then just two lil instruments :blink: Its rather cute how y'all are trying ur hardest to prove Usher is a musician :lmao: He just keeps falling short of what JT does everytime. And as far as Usher writing...how many has he written with just him and ONE other writer without100 writers on one track. . Thats hardly "writing" when he have so many cooks in one kitchen just to muster up a track.So imma get up and let you have those SEVERAL seats you offered me,you need em more than I do. :excited: :excited:

he may as well have and that's great, but that still doesn't change the fact that he isn't on the same level artistically as Justin Timberlake. And I could care.less about him having his own label. :umm:

Usher's best music is by leaps and bounds better than Timberlake's and you can include N*sync if it makes you feel better. "You Remind Me" is better than anything in Justin's catelog.

• Upvote 1

he may as well have and that's great, but that still doesn't change the fact that he isn't on the same level artistically as Justin Timberlake. And I could care.less about him having his own label. :umm:

Usher's best music is by leaps and bounds better than Timberlake's and you can include N*sync if it makes you feel better. "You Remind Me" is better than anything in Justin's catelog.

So was Usher a white man when he sold a million his 1st wk back in 04?

Its all about status,anticipation and starpower. People were anticipating Usher back then which is why that was a huge era for him. You would have a point if no black artist did huge numbers but they do.

It's very rare for a R&B artist to those numbers.. Usher did it back in 2004 when music was still selling.

LiL Wayne has the skate board kids..Who else is there?

Of all Usher song...you say You Remind Me :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Thats one of that muthafukaz weakest. He has far more better shit than that. You just discredited that boy with that shit.

It's very rare for a R&B artist to those numbers.. Usher did it back in 2004 when music was still selling.

LiL Wayne has the skate board kids..Who else is there?

Not too many albums were goin diamond back in 2004. Music was still selling but nowhere near how it sold in the decade before.Confessions sold well becuz of anticipation and strong singles. If it was easy going diamond "cause music was selling back then" ...then everyone would have been doin it. Hell, the following year Mariah had the best selling album of 05 and it was nowhere near diamond.So diamond was not easy to achieve. Ppl simply been waiting on JT... anticipation is the major key. Look at Sade. Her last was a monster cuz of anticipation.

Not too many albums were goin diamond back in 2004. Music was still selling but nowhere near how it sold in the decade before.Confessions sold well becuz of anticipation and strong singles. If it was easy going diamond "cause music was selling back then" ...then everyone would have been doin it. Hell, the following year Mariah had the best selling album of 05 and it was nowhere near diamond.So diamond was not easy to achieve. Ppl simply been waiting on JT... anticipation is the major key. Look at Sade. Her last was a monster cuz of anticipation.

1.1 million copies