B. Scott forced to change outfit at BET Awards

RedSimba

BET is an empire.. BScott is a mayor.. BET has the last say..

Maybe they're doing a rebranding. Idk all that matters is BET is in charge.. Not BScott

Rebranding??? With that bullshit 106 & Park on every day... :sigh:

They hired him knowing what he is and how he dresses.. They probably just wanted a Token gay..

As I said to Roc.. I'm not "trolling".. I'm just not sensitive to diva's and their bitch-fits like all of you..

Rebranding??? With that bullshit 106 & Park on every day... :sigh:

They hired him knowing what he is and how he dresses.. They probably just wanted a Token gay..

That's for the kids, teens.. high schoolers.. no one over the age of 21 should be watching 106 religiously

They hired him because of who he is.. not how he's dressed... a Token gay is better than no gay...

If who he is is the same thing as how's he's dressed... well then that's just sad... don't let the clothes wear you.. you wear the clothes

You don't want a man in makeup and heels don't hire a man who wears makeup and heels. If you want B Scott ..then you want "B Scott" without conditions. If you're gonna try to be "progressive" by having such a gay personality on your red carpet.. don't try to box him in your "presentable" package. It defeats the whole progressive gesture.

If I want a stick thin bitch to host my bday party..I'm not gonna go book Precious and then tell her " but can you drop some pounds before my party" .. if you dnt want all that comes with B Scott..go hire a NO name gay then..simple. BET did too much .point blank ....PERIOD.

• Upvote 7

You don't want a man in makeup and heels don't hire a man who wears makeup and heels. If you want B Scott ..then you want "B Scott" without conditions. If you're gonna try to be "progressive" by having such a gay personality on your red carpet.. don't try to box him in your "presentable" package. It defeats the whole progressive gesture.

If I want a stick thin bitch to host my bday party..I'm not gonna go book Precious and then tell her " but can you drop some pounds before my party" .. if you dnt want all that comes with B Scott..go hire a NO name gay then..simple. BET did too much .point blank ....PERIOD.

:lmao:

As I said to Roc.. I'm not "trolling".. I'm just not sensitive to diva's and their bitch-fits like all of you..

That's for the kids, teens.. high schoolers.. no one over the age of 21 should be watching 106 religiously

They hired him because of who he is.. not how he's dressed... a Token gay is better than no gay...

If who he is is the same thing as how's he's dressed... well then that's just sad... don't let the clothes wear you.. you wear the clothes

it wasn't a bitch fit, it was a legit compliant, they had him changing his brand into something for them...Im like um no, even I would have at the least been embarrassed and slightly humiliated these folks basically telling me don't show up being me be someone else and I didn't sign on for this shit

And another thing... B Scott isn't exactly "crying" about it. It's not like he ran to the media pointing fingers. B Scott actually was not gonna speak on it cuz it was so embarrassing for him...the incident started to leak out and ppl were tweeting him asking if it were true and he confirmed it. That's the only reason it got so big ... The cats out of the bag what is he suppose to do? Act like it didn't happen?

• Upvote 1

I think it's 'femphobia' more than anything....like it's OK if you're gay, just don't be too girly or 'flamboyant'. Everybody that knows B. Scott knows that he is all about grandeur and fabulosity and how he expresses himself. He obviously had approval if it was up to the point where he was on live TV...so for them to yank him off, make him remove his makeup and outfit only to come back and find out he'd been replaced had to be humiliating. Someone clearly didn't like the way his look came across on TV, but that's what he gives you all the time. And how could they be so worried about the sponsor when: A consultant from Procter & Gamble (the company who sponsored the BET Style Stage) watched the entire incident play out. She came over and offered her words of support and encouragement. ‘We at Procter & Gamble support you and we do not agree with what BET is doing to you’ . She also explained to me that someone made the call to have me pulled, and that it was the wrong call.

For them to try to make him defeminize himself and be someone he's not was all the way fucked up. I bet nobody told Prince he couldn't wear his makeup and heels...

• Upvote 1

Game you can stop playing Devils advocate anytime now...u made your point, but you are clearly missing the point of others. AND I refuse to believe that you are that simple minded. :rolleyes:

Business minded.. BET is a business.. And BScotts employer.

I get the point of others.. "Drag queen discrimination" but I think it's a brand thing. And there's nothing Bscott can do about it except write blogs

• Upvote 1

I think it's 'femphobia' more than anything....like it's OK if you're gay, just don't be too girly or 'flamboyant'. Everybody that knows B. Scott knows that he is all about grandeur and fabulosity and how he expresses himself. He obviously had approval if it was up to the point where he was on live TV...so for them to yank him off, make him remove his makeup and outfit only to come back and find out he'd been replaced had to be humiliating. Someone clearly didn't like the way his look came across on TV, but that's what he gives you all the time. And how could they be so worried about the sponsor when: A consultant from Procter & Gamble (the company who sponsored the BET Style Stage) watched the entire incident play out. She came over and offered her words of support and encouragement. ‘We at Procter & Gamble support you and we do not agree with what BET is doing to you’ . She also explained to me that someone made the call to have me pulled, and that it was the wrong call.

For them to try to make him defeminize himself and be someone he's not was all the way fucked up. I bet nobody told Prince he couldn't wear his makeup and heels...

Prince is a legend... BScott is a blogger or vlogger.

And another thing... B Scott isn't exactly "crying" about it. It's not like he ran to the media pointing fingers. B Scott actually was not gonna speak on it cuz it was so embarrassing for him...the incident started to leak out and ppl were tweeting him asking if it were true and he confirmed it. That's the only reason it got so big ... The cats out of the bag what is he suppose to do? Act like it didn't happen?

He is apart of the media so he did run to the media... The Internet, blogging is a medium

He cashed that check tho :coffee:

so what he cashed the check....wtf that got to do with anything? He worked a shitty gig and got paid.....plenty of mofos cash checks every week from jobs they can't stand ...but in the end a check is what you receive for your labor. Game in here acting like he worth the estate of Michael Jackson and above it all, chile sit yo ass all the way down :rolleyes:

so what he cashed the check....wtf that got to do with anything? He worked a shitty gig and got paid.....plenty of mofos cash checks every week from jobs they can't stand ...but in the end a check is what you receive for your labor. Game in here acting like he worth the estate of Michael Jackson and above it all, chile sit yo ass all the way down :rolleyes:

MJ isn't even worth the estate.. anyways... :rolleyes: The point is... he did it.. it's done.. and you all can call it "discrimination" but in reality it's not.. it's just how BET's brand... To go from "conservative" to liberal that fast could end up a PR disaster.. and again.. BET is an empire.. a half-a-billion dollar enterprise.. they have to keep an image.. and I understand that..

Game you're not making sense. BET knew what they were getting when they hired B. Scott. If they wanted someone conservative they would've chose someone conservative.

BET knew of the personality... but they get creative control.. it's that simple.. BScott didn't have to take the job ya know.. he could have denied doing it knowing who BET was and not knowing his own demographic... (non-BET viewers)... soo Oh well..

It's Red Carpet.. they wanted someone who is entertaining... without the bells and whistles ;)

Maybe it wasn't in the contract that BET could change an outfit last minute?

BET is a 30 year veteran business.. They have creative control over the people who they employ.. And especially those on TV

That's quite obvious.. I don't have to read the contract to know that.. It's common marketing/branding knowledge/practice

BET knew of the personality... but they get creative control.. it's that simple.. BScott didn't have to take the job ya know.. he could have denied doing it knowing who BET was and not knowing his own demographic... (non-BET viewers)... soo Oh well..

It's Red Carpet.. they wanted someone who is entertaining... without the bells and whistles ;)

Well hire a gay without the bells and whistles ..cause look who has a dark cloud over them becuz of this.. BET! Had they made a rational choice of the type of "stand in gay" they wanted, in the first place..backlash wouldnt have happened. B Scott is already a brand, he comes "as-is" ..you dont like it..dont hire him. So yeah, THEIR BAD. Meanwhile B Scott moves right along with his "cashed check" and all. nobody is here for a watered down version of ANYBODY ..you should know better. but moving right along..this is dead...but apparently your comprehension is not. But hey Game, you might win some but you just LOST ONE. Lata.

BET is a 30 year veteran business.. They have creative control over the people who they employ.. And especially those on TV

That's quite obvious.. I don't have to read the contract to know that.. It's common marketing/branding knowledge/practice

That's fine. But to me it doesn't look good when a sponsor sides with the employee (although that's just coming from B-Scott).

Well hire a gay without the bells and whistles ..cause look who has a dark cloud over them becuz of this.. BET! Had they made a rational choice of the type of "stand in gay" they wanted, in the first place..backlash wouldnt have happened. B Scott is already a brand, he comes "as-is" ..you dont like it..dont hire him. So yeah, THEIR BAD. Meanwhile B Scott moves right along with his "cashed check" and all. nobody is here for a watered down version of ANYBODY ..you should know better. but moving right along..this is dead...but apparently your comprehension is not. But hey Game, you might win some but you just LOST ONE. Lata.

BET will be fine.. No one cares about the transgender/identity crisis community to say something besides the Trans/drag community.. And only black gays care (except this one) They hired a gay man and that's progress in my eyes

BScotts' brand isn't as big as BET's.. BScott only has 3,000 fans on FB while BET sits at a strong 3M.. BScott's outcry isn't a factor

I "lost" based on you all feeling sorry for this poor man. I'm not here for that

Well they approved his outfit beforehand so he has the right to be mad

true

No.. He cashed their check... Shit happens.. Shit changes.

Quit crying like a little girl.. BET had a right to change his outfit

if it wasn't too bad then they shouldn't of changed it

I read the whole thing, this is about Black homophobia, they wanted a watered down B. Scott, someone they can be gay but give us the gay we used to, DL bruthas. Chile please BET isn't exactly the most prestigious gig anyone gets anyway, they should have let him do him knowing him, if you can't take him as he is then don't fuck with him. Im so pissed at Game and his shit, Im so over that, its all good for the "company" to flip the script last second when someone gets a little "uncomfortable" and as an employee you're supposed to just go along with the bull? I don't think so they gave that man approval before hand and some narrow minded idiot said some shit because they weren't comfortable with their own sexuality and pulled the plug on B. Scott. This is wrong and anytime we as gay Black men approve of any one of us getting fucked over that means the shit can happen to you too. Someone has to speak up and call a spade a spade. I dont watch BET anymore anyway and its not about self hatred its about shitty television :filenails:

I agree with you but it's not like nobody was gonna know he was gay from his look and demeanor whether he dressed like a man or woman anyway. The heels personally would've been over-doing it for me and B. Scott definitely likes to over-do it sometimes. Only man in heels on BET should be Prince lol but yes BET showed it's black homophobia side smh