B. Scott forced to change outfit at BET Awards

RedSimba

The argument can be made that you hate what you are (a man) simply for having sex with another man.

So, yes, having an issue with a fem gay or butch lesbian is self-hate. It is ingrained. You don't want what they are and what they gravitate towards innately to be seen as reflection upon yourself. You don't want to be seen as "less of a man", so you "hate" it because you feel people see them and think they incorrectly represent you.

NO its not :lol: Especially if both the fem and the masculine are both comfortable with their sexual orientation that wouldn't make it self hate. That would actually make no sense. What if Ricky Martin who's a proud and open gay man said he doesn't like feminine gay men? Would that mean he has self hate? Remember he's an openly gay entertainer and proud to be gay...so you're saying he hates part of himself? Nah I don't think so melon drops

NO its not :lol: Especially if both the fem and the masculine are both comfortable with their sexual orientation that wouldn't make it self hate. That would actually make no sense. What if Ricky Martin who's a proud and open gay man said he doesn't like feminine gay men? Would that mean he has self hate? Remember he's an openly gay entertainer and proud to be gay...so you're saying he hates part of himself? Nah I don't think so melon drops

You said if you were to say a fem gay hates being man and that somehow that isn't self-hate.

Why does a masc gay usually dislike a fem gay? Because to them the fem gay portrays stereotypes and preconceived notions about gay men.

In the context of this topic, it is entirely relevant, and yet it is a form of self hate.

He can be effeminate in a suit :umm: much like Janet can be feminine in a suit :umm:

Well true.. you're just agreeing to her ignorance.

So again, you're blaming him for being effeminate.

*Reads aed05's post again* Yes, I definitely agree with this "ignorance" :yep:

JoeJoe, I have to correct you...

B. Scott is a male who identifies his sexual orientation as gay and dresses in an androgynous fashion because that's how he chooses to express himself. He doesn't wish to be a woman and he doesn't hate himself.

It's just puzzling. If they wanted a conservative male they should've hired one.

BINGO!!!!!!!

I get the feeling a new, young exec had the idea to hire B. Scott, then when the some of the old heads got wind of it they freaked and had him pulled at the last minute. Goes to show how out of touch some of these old heads are.

• Upvote 1

You said if you were to say a fem gay hates being man and that somehow that isn't self-hate.

Why does a masc gay usually dislike a fem gay? Because to them the fem gay portrays stereotypes and preconceived notions about gay men.

In the context of this topic, it is entirely relevant, and yet it is a form of self hate.

So again, you're blaming him for being effeminate.

*Reads aed05's post again* Yes, I definitely agree with this "ignorance" :yep:

According to who? :) You can't say that about every masculine man. I gave an example of Ricky Martin and you're still trying to say that Ricky has a form of self hate if that were the case right? Nah I don't think so

JoeJoe, I have to correct you...

B. Scott is a male who identifies his sexual orientation as gay and dresses in an androgynous fashion because that's how he chooses to express himself. He doesn't wish to be a woman and he doesn't hate himself.

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying. You guys are saying that it's a form of self hate if another gay man doesn't like the behavior of another gay man and I've been saying all along just because they don't like it mean it's self hate :) Gays don't have to like the way other gay men behave plain and simple and soon as they don't y'all wanna say it's self hate. I don't think so

It means they have disdain for elements of who they are. :coffee:

according to who? You?

No it most definitely does not :blink:

exactly! I mean like wtf is really goin' on? lol They're basically saying that if a masculine gay man finds it unlikeable for another gay man to behave like a woman it's because the masculine man has a feminine side of himself that he hates. WTH :lol: That's kind of like stereotyping masculine gay men. It's like when I was little I thought all gay men acted like girls cause one of my momma's good friends was a man who dressed as a woman. I was about 15 and one day a female friend of mine said "Look at that guy...he's gay" and he had on a t-shirt and a baseball hat on, talked like a man, his posture and demeanor were just like any other man, his walk and everything so I told her "No he's not gay". She said yes he is i'm telling you. After that I found out he was actually gay and it opened my eyes that anybody could be gay and they don't have to be feminine

exactly! I mean like wtf is really goin' on? lol They're basically saying that if a masculine gay man finds it unlikeable for another gay man to behave like a woman it's because the masculine man has a feminine side of himself that he hates. WTH :lol: That's kind of like stereotyping masculine gay men. It's like when I was little I thought all gay men acted like girls cause one of my momma's good friends was a man who dressed as a woman. I was about 15 and one day a female friend of mine said "Look at that guy...he's gay" and he had on a t-shirt and a baseball hat on, talked like a man, his posture and demeanor were just like any other man, his walk and everything so I told her "No he's not gay". She said yes he is i'm telling you. After that I found out he was actually gay and it opened my eyes that anybody could be gay and they don't have to be feminine

No, that's not what we're saying.

No, that's not what we're saying.

No.. they're pretending as if we masculine gays are focusing our "anger" or "self-hatred" on another gay and/or topic.

And it's simply not the case... I don't judge people... be yourself.. be your true you... I have preached on that forum all the time... but don't go to work in heels and make up... not everyone is as accepting and some people need to realize that... The world doesn't evolve around (in this case) B Scott.. There's one in every city on every block... but they go to work and leave their play-time for play time

The gay perception has changed.. and now more masculine gay men are coming out.. and that's a beautiful thing.. The CEO of Apple is gay.. You wouldn't necessarily know that unless you google'd him

• 4 weeks later...

BET may settle to save face and BScott gets more attention :sigh:

he's basically suing cause they said change clothes. He can't say they were homophobic cause they wouldn't of hired him if that were the case. IDK what the judge is gonna think lol

B. Scott -- an openly gay transgender person -- is suing BET, claiming the network humiliated him during the recent BET Awards by yanking him off the show because he was wearing women's clothes.

Scott claims in his lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- he was hired to be the Style Stage Correspondent for the pre-show in June. At the beginning of the show, Scott claims he was wearing a flowing black tunic and black pants ... which he says were approved by BET honchos.

Scott claims after the first segment of the pre-show, he was pulled backstage and told his garb wasn't acceptable. Scott says he was ordered to "mute the makeup, pull back his hair" and remove the women's wear ... which included heels.

Scott says they forced him to change into men's clothing [see below]. Nonetheless ... Scott says he was still 86'd from the show and replaced by Adrienne Bailon.

Scott says he was humiliated and suffered damage to his reputation, claiming BET is guilty of discrimination based on gender identity as well as sexual orientation.

He wants $2.5 million minimum from BET.

Calls to BET were not returned.

Frivolous

The most frivilous lawsuit of all time. His court documents are suing because BET asked him to change to another pre-approved outfit and because Angela Simmons had a budget for clothes and who ever handled his negotiations didn't secure him a budget.

When you are trendsetting for a certain minority of the population and trailblazing your way in, all of your professional actions you should think about how its going to affect others that may come after you. If he was truly wronged, which we only have one side of the story (a weird one at that), then I believe there was a better way to handle this then suing for $2.5 million. Now corporations who may have been open to the idea of hiring androgynous and/or transgendered people as personalities for their brand, may think twice, if it becomes this easy to sue for discrimination when there is a disagreement.

• Upvote 1