WTF IS REALLY GOIN ON?? J-tribe, J-Nation,JanFam or whatever Janet stans are called .,,

janetDAYZ

I peek in here and it looks like this place may have run its course. I'm trying to avoid videos and reviews as I want to be surprised when I go so it's hard as I'm liking pictures on Facebook.  But this does give me something to think about since I am paying for this forum. 

I think maybe give it time. Janet isn't really in the media much. Besides a lot of us don't wanna have to go to Janet-Xone which is now Janet.club and besides i'm banned from there lol

I think maybe give it time. Janet isn't really in the media much. Besides a lot of us don't wanna have to go to Janet-Xone which is now Janet.club and besides i'm banned from there lol

I'll give it a few more months.  I'm watching the statistics.  If nothing picks up by November, it may be time to pull the plug and just use that Facebook group that's super active.  And if I have to pull the plug, I can say it's been a good run.

I'll give it a few more months.  I'm watching the statistics.  If nothing picks up by November, it may be time to pull the plug and just use that Facebook group that's super active.  And if I have to pull the plug, I can say it's been a good run.

What group? :o Im part of a shit load of Janet groups on facebook but was never informed about this one <_< 

• Upvote 1

I used to be ChangeMyVibe, if anyone remembers me.  I literally just made this new sn to connect with maybe some of y'all that I've lost touch with.  I still chat from time to time with Angie and blatin.  Hi game, hi jodi, hi slolove :P.  where's mod? :huh:

Anyways, I left a while ago because this forum was taking up way too much time in my life & well...  There seems to be a lot of young minds hurr.  I've peeked in here from time to time, but it just seems zZz most often than not.  Hopefully, as this era progresses there might be change (no pun intended).  If some of the other members that left would come back, it'd be nice.  Also, I don't think I can go to Xone myself...  I think I'm banned too. :lol:

When Angie said she may close this forum, I figured I'd at least return here for the last hurrah.

Plain and simple...yall drove everyone away. All the ones who left including myself still communicate on other social media outlets on a regular. People on this board have made this place horrible with negativity amongst Janet or each other, favoritism, bullying, immaturity etc. I personally peek in here and there to see if there's any news I may have missed somewhere else. But I never speak because really everyone who I got along with in the first place who didn't give negative energy I still speak to all the time.

I have to agree Will. I love Janet fans. But I don't like the way you all express yourselves and communicate with each other. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the negativity and bickering was overwhelming. It's not just here, it's everywhere on the internet. I love Janet's personality and music, so that's where my focus is. I got tired of reading what she should and shouldn't do. I got tired of the back and forth between members. 

But I'm back on here and janet.club (never thought I'd return, but they're behaving themselves) and I'm doing my weekly blogs, videos, and posts. I spend less time on social media and only check Facebook to share my work and see what's going on with the Janet fans. I'm focused on myself, adulthood, and just living the best I can. 

I absolutely love "No Sleeep", listen to it almost every day. "Unbreakable" had me in tears. I'll be at the Miami show on September 20th and the Fort Lauderdale show on March 9th (8th row). I pre-ordered the album during the pre-sale and I'm not watching any videos until after the Miami show.

• Upvote 3

On behalf of Matt & Paul & a few others who I communicate closely with who arent on so often these days, it's basically the social media answer too, and  alot of them have   other stuff going in their personal lives & relationships, and this place can be time consuming.

Paul is too busy taking shirtless selfies -_- 

• Upvote 1

I think for most, they are getting updates on facebook/twitter. So they stay there than come on here.  At least that's how it is for me.

I agree. Back in the day, JJ message boards were the spot to get the latest updates and discuss what was going on. Now with FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and all the entertainment blogs, by the time I discuss the latest updates about Janet on other sites, I don't have much to add here. I miss the old board, but there are too many options now for people. Plus you don't have all the rules about using this word or that word, or cussing people out when you need to. :-)

I agree. Back in the day, JJ message boards were the spot to get the latest updates and discuss what was going on. Now with FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and all the entertainment blogs, by the time I discuss the latest updates about Janet on other sites, I don't have much to add here. I miss the old board, but there are too many options now for people. Plus you don't have all the rules about using this word or that word, or cussing people out when you need to. :-)

Yall saying...

"we dont come here no more becus theres  twitter and fb where we get Janet info from"

Um...those sites have BEEN around and it had never took away the "traffic" on this board. Now i can see this site possibly have ran its course and/or ppl are tired of the behavior on here but to say its cus of other social media sites have quicker info? Makes no sense. This board has always been the "meet up" spot for fans cus SOMEONE would always post the latest info QUICKLY and we'd discuss info in detail. We speak Janet language around here. It was always more than just a place to "get info" . So its far more of a reason as to why the majority are disappearing.

Edited by janetDAYZ

The board has slowed down because Janet is on tour and she's not doing anything worth discussing. All the videos that get put up on YT get taken down within hours of uploading, granted the video makes it past the copyright phase. Plus, there aren't a lot of new members because it apparently takes forever to get approved, no tea no shade. When Janet actually decides to promote the album that's coming out in less than a month, there will probably be an increase in participation. I've already discussed how I've completely lost interest in this era seeing as how we've been kinda left in the dark for the most part. That's another reason why ppl don't bother. If we're not interested in the era, there's no need to really visit.