Secret video filmed?

Ryan

Janet seems different now. I miss the "good old days" but it is what it is. I don't expect her to be the same she was in the past when she was younger. But the new J seems so different to what she was before (in public). 

I ~personally~ don't like the way this era has been handled and there's a lot I could criticize and speculate. 

But instead I'm just going to put on "So much betta" and after that "Make me" and jam a bit while waiting for her next move, which I hope will be something awesome. And by the way, I'm seeing Mariah live soon with the money I was gonna spend on JJ.  :whistle:

Janet's team sucked at promoting period. Notice i'm not saying Janet, i'm saying her team. They don't know how to promote shit

(This is a looong post but it has a point!)

We're all YUUUUGE fans of Janet, otherwise we wouldn't be computer nerds and typing away on some internet messageboard stating how much we wish we (and everyone else we know) could see her more in the public spotlight.. 

I get that she wants/has to do things differently.. I get that.. I really do get that.. I totally get that..

My only legit question regarding the roll-out of this album/era is why isn't she able to do any type of formal promo? I get that she's not signed to a huge record company anymore...but ultimately she's a Jackson... A legend in the industry.. Someone who could still be a force to reckoned with..

Some think that she wouldn't be able to do a TV performance (Ellen, Kimmel, Fallon, etc) because she would have to pay for her dancers/crew and flights and hotels and all that.. But it's my understanding that these types of shows (the Ellens, Kimmels, Fallons, etc) that would actually be the ones paying the bill.. Whatever performance she did would be for their show, therefore, they would pay the expenses.. Hell, even guests that go on these talk shows for a 7 minute segments promoting some random cable show they're on get paid! Nobody does those shows for free...

And just to play devils advocate for a minute, even if Janet were the one who would have to pay the expenses of her crew/dancers/band/etc to perform on TV, wouldn't the return she would get most likely be worth the expenses? Meaning, if she went on Ellen to perform Dammn Baby and Ellen was all "nah Jan you pay for it all and we'll just broadcast it," the expectation would be that her performing would garner more public interest, therefore resulting in more album sales, therefore putting more money into Rhythm Nation Records'/Janet Jackson's pocket (therefore making said performance/expenses worth it)..

I know damn sure Janet Jackson didn't pay for anything that BET awards did for her when they gave her that award last year.. You know BET picked up the tab on that..

So, in the end, I can't help but wonder why she is refusing (if that's the case) to do any sort of promo.. It can't be for financial reasons as some have pointed out before.. I get the no interviews thing, although I'm sure people like Ellen or Fallon wouldn't start asking if she's Muslim or if her mom was kidnapped or if she hates the MJ Estate or whatever, so I guess I almost don't get the no interviews thing..

I think it all boils down to the fact that she isn't hungry anymore.. She point blank doesn't want to do any of these things anymore to help her brand.. She's over it.. She's only doing the tour to please her fans (and just that is a lot of work, I'm sure).. She put out her best album since TVR, but unfortunately it's most likely going to be one of those albums that are discovered by accident far down the road by most of the general public.. And I feel that's just too bad.. 

Still excited for the new video though.. Maybe once that comes out, she will try to relaunch this era and do things the old-fashioned way (at least a little).. 

FINGERS CROSSED!!

• Upvote 6

Janet's team sucked at promoting period. Notice i'm not saying Janet, i'm saying her team. They don't know how to promote shit

I agree. :fail:

We're all YUUUUGE fans of Janet, otherwise we wouldn't be computer nerds and typing away on some internet messageboard stating how much we wish we (and everyone else we know) could see her more in the public spotlight.. 

:cheer: We're all huge nerdy JJ fans, and yet we still manage to attack on each other on this board... lol :bored: (I don't mean your post, just in general).

• Upvote 1

Janet seems different now. I miss the "good old days" but it is what it is. I don't expect her to be the same she was in the past when she was younger. But the new J seems so different to what she was before (in public). 

I ~personally~ don't like the way this era has been handled and there's a lot I could criticize and speculate. 

But instead I'm just going to put on "So much betta" and after that "Make me" and jam a bit while waiting for her next move, which I hope will be something awesome. And by the way, I'm seeing Mariah live soon with the money I was gonna spend on JJ.  :whistle:

Im sorry to hear that. I hope her voice will be working that night. 

• Upvote 3

I get that she wants/has to do things differently.. I get that.. I really do get that.. I totally get that..

My only legit question regarding the roll-out of this album/era is why isn't she able to do any type of formal promo? I get that she's not signed to a huge record company anymore...but ultimately she's a Jackson... A legend in the industry.. Someone who could still be a force to reckoned with..

Some think that she wouldn't be able to do a TV performance (Ellen, Kimmel, Fallon, etc) because she would have to pay for her dancers/crew and flights and hotels and all that.. But it's my understanding that these types of shows (the Ellens, Kimmels, Fallons, etc) that would actually be the ones paying the bill.. Whatever performance she did would be for their show, therefore, they would pay the expenses.. Hell, even guests that go on these talk shows for a 7 minute segments promoting some random cable show they're on get paid! Nobody does those shows for free...

And just to play devils advocate for a minute, even if Janet were the one who would have to pay the expenses of her crew/dancers/band/etc to perform on TV, wouldn't the return she would get most likely be worth the expenses? Meaning, if she went on Ellen to perform Dammn Baby and Ellen was all "nah Jan you pay for it all and we'll just broadcast it," the expectation would be that her performing would garner more public interest, therefore resulting in more album sales, therefore putting more money into Rhythm Nation Records'/Janet Jackson's pocket (therefore making said performance/expenses worth it)..

I know damn sure Janet Jackson didn't pay for anything that BET awards did for her when they gave her that award last year.. You know BET picked up the tab on that..

So, in the end, I can't help but wonder why she is refusing (if that's the case) to do any sort of promo.. It can't be for financial reasons as some have pointed out before.. I get the no interviews thing, although I'm sure people like Ellen or Fallon wouldn't start asking if she's Muslim or if her mom was kidnapped or if she hates the MJ Estate or whatever, so I guess I almost don't get the no interviews thing..

I think it all boils down to the fact that she isn't hungry anymore.. She point blank doesn't want to do any of these things anymore to help her brand.. She's over it.. She's only doing the tour to please her fans (and just that is a lot of work, I'm sure).. She put out her best album since TVR, but unfortunately it's most likely going to be one of those albums that are discovered by accident far down the road by most of the general public.. And I feel that's just too bad.. 

Still excited for the new video though.. Maybe once that comes out, she will try to relaunch this era and do things the old-fashioned way (at least a little).. 

FINGERS CROSSED!!

ooo Lord I almost didn't read ALL OF IT but I actually did. That's what I can't stand about some of these Janet fans. Janet is obviously a part of our lives so for them to start saying this person or that person isn't or never was a real fan is just a load of bull. Yeah some fans are gonna complain about stuff. Janet knows this and has said it in interviews about how her fans have let her know even in person what they liked or didn't like lol. Don't mean she's gonna listen but I doubt she'd say "oh well they aren't real fans anyway".  Oh Janet could most definitely promote via tv shows and awards if she wanted to. Once again her cancelling the Iheartradio Music Festival was one of the dumbest career moves i've seen her make. You're right, she put out her best album since TVR and nobody knows about it smh

• Upvote 6

how is it that even when I make clear I don't expect janet to sell Adele numbers, it still gets picked on as that. 

I used Adele as an example to make the point that albums can still sell. I don't care if it's rare or if she's the only one. The point is a market for albums sales still exists. 

Janet hasn't even tried to locate a market, she's only aimed this album at hardcore fans, and they are the only ones who have bought it. 

But what that has caused has actually meant alienation of her hardcore fans, because they haven't got any visuals or personality. Janet is a visual artist. Same way Michael was.. My point is, an album by a visual artist like janet needs visuals, just as much now in 2016 as before .  

That's a piss poor example. "People still win the lottery"... One out of 50 million.. Just bc it happens doesn't mean it's a good example

• Upvote 1

FINGERS CROSSED!!

THE POINT that Game and I are making (in a nutshell) is the fact YES, things are different. We all recognize that. Janet is "different" ..or whatever you wanna call it BUT this is NOT 1990, she has already lived her glory days and frankly Im a grown man with more priorities in my own personal life than to be concerned about how a 50 year old woman ( who has already paid her dues) chooses to run her career at this current stage. She is her OWN woman. I could rant and rant and rant and ask why why why but it aint gone change a single thing because im NOT JANET JACKSON. At the end of the day its HER career not mine. Imma focus on how I run mine and let Janet do her. Maybe you whiners would sleep better at night if u follow suit cus aint NOTHING you type is gonna change anything that she's planning or currently doing. Period. Point Blank. The End. Continue to beat the keys over results that wont be any different just cus you did so. You all should be tired of doin it at this point. Are yall really not tired of talking about the same thing? Do yall not have a life outside of Janet? If so, go live it!!! You will be more at peace if you withdrew yourself from being so invested in "what she should do". Its time to let maturity take the wheel and LET IT GO. You all arent getting anywhere.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

THE POINT that Game and I are making (in a nutshell) is the fact YES, things are different. We all recognize that. Janet is "different" ..or whatever you wanna call it BUT this is NOT 1990, she has already lived her glory days and frankly Im a grown man with more priorities in my own persinal life than to be worried about how a 50 year old woman ( who has already paid her dues) chooses to run her career at this stage. She is her OWN woman. I could rant and rant and rant and ask why why why but it aint gone change a single thing because im NOT JANET JACKSON. At the end of the day it HER career not mine. Imma focus on how I run mine and let Janet do her. Maybe you whiners would sleep better at night if u follow suit cus aint NOTHING you type gonna change anything that she's planning or curremtly doing. Period. Point Blank. The End. Continue to beat the keys over results that wint be any different just cus you did so. You all should be tired of doin so at this point. Are yall really not tired about talking about the same thing? Do yall not have a life outside of Janet? If so, go live it!!! You will be more at peace if you withdraw yourself from being so invested in "what she should do". Its time to let maturity taje the will and LET IT GO. You all arent getting anywhere.

I don't understand their thought process..

"Janet isn't hungry" Janet had her cake and ate it too.. But she can still make music 

"I'm waiting for the new movement" - uhh you're living it.. This is the new movement. Either get off at the next stop or quit bitching

"Janet is a visual artist" - a visual artist with a multi-billion dollar company financing her expensive videos and performances on shows. She doesn't have that luxury

"Y'all Yes fans" - Nah.. Sorry. I'm not going to sit on my iPhone/MBP and bitch about something that I know isn't possible. I'm not about that life. I appreciate the things given to me bc one day, it will be gone. 

How hard is it to get that?! How simple can we make this for them? Janet = INDEPENDENT = new movement 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We know you do.. Too bad this isn't 1995 anymore. Janet isn't signed to a billion dollar company like Virgin or Def Jam so kiss those days GOOD BYE

THE POINT that Game and I are making (in a nutshell) is the fact YES, things are different. We all recognize that. Janet is "different" ..or whatever you wanna call it BUT this is NOT 1990, she has already lived her glory days and frankly Im a grown man with more priorities in my own persinal life than to be worried about how a 50 year old woman ( who has already paid her dues) chooses to run her career at this stage. She is her OWN woman. I could rant and rant and rant and ask why why why but it aint gone change a single thing because im NOT JANET JACKSON. At the end of the day it HER career not mine. Imma focus on how I run mine and let Janet do her. Maybe you whiners would sleep better at night if u follow suit cus aint NOTHING you type gonna change anything that she's planning or curremtly doing. Period. Point Blank. The End. Continue to beat the keys over results that wint be any different just cus you did so. You all should be tired of doin so at this point. Are yall really not tired about talking about the same thing? Do yall not have a life outside of Janet? If so, go live it!!! You will be more at peace if you withdraw yourself from being so invested in "what she should do". Its time to let maturity taje the will and LET IT GO. You all arent getting anywhere.

I get it, I get it. I get the point both of you are making. But this is a Janet discussion board after all... What else is there left to talk about than nostalgia since she's not giving us much new stuff to analyze lately? lol So what should we talk about? :coffee:

Edited by missfunky84
  • Upvote 1

I get it, I get it. I get the point both of you are making. But this is a discussion board after all... What else is there left to talk about than nostalgia since she's not giving us much lately? lol So what should we talk about? :coffee:

Talk about it without complaining about what's going on now bc once upon a time, I remember quite a few fans WISHING AND HOPING Janet would go Indy shortly after Janet kissed LA Ruined and his shit company good bye 

Create a new thread about the delightful TVR era or the iconic AFY era and how the largest, longest-running record contract in the history of the industry made Janet unstoppable 

Just stop trying to ruin every thread with your (not necessarily you) pessimists comments and unwarranted opinion

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Upvote 3

I will continue to bitch, until I either get a goddamned dance video, or a performance. I don't give a damn where Janet is now, if she's matured, if she's married, muslim, a nun, catholic, or is getting a fucking sex change. I want my performance, AND/or video!!!

Personally, I there's parts I agree with from some posters and parts I don't. For me, I agree that if you have less expectations the surprises that do happen will be more exciting...so it's more effective to be less consumed in the process. On the same token, I understand the frustrations of knowing the potential of this album and not seeing it maximized. 

I also disagree that there is NO chance that grievances will EVER be heard or addressed. Didn't Janet have lunch with fans overseas on her birthday a couple years ago & discuss perspectives, her music, and them as fans as a whole? Didn't she START this promotion with "keep the conversation going" & "I've been listening..." So why is it that fans who disagree are now being shut down for following the very directions given by Janet herself. 

In specific, Game & some others, are quick to quote things "from her lips" but ignore that she asked for conversation, not empty praise. Conversations have varying opinions & honestly who knows what Janet has heard & is/has considered due to what her fans have suggested. Let's stop acting like healthy debates can't have positive outcomes. Because if Janet ever does say she's been listening & does what some have asked then what? 

• Upvote 4

Also,

Im over Janet performing on talk shows, so I'm cool with her not doing that. The only thing I wish is she would have given controlled interviews. Something like a Much Music (I think was the name) or an interview through periscope, or social media where she could just speak to fans & sit with Jimmy & Terry dissecting the music. I also wish she would allow people to hear from her where she is in life. 

Her perspective is not only welcomed, it would be like wisdom in an industry consumed in ignorance. Her statue of artistry is well respected. Being able to quote a legend is like being able to study the greats & find inspiration to tie into the music. She doesn't have to perform on shows to be respected. I think she could draw people in by going a different route. 

• Upvote 3

Also,

Im over Janet performing on talk shows, so I'm cool with her not doing that. The only thing I wish is she would have given controlled interviews. Something like a Much Music (I think was the name) or an interview through periscope, or social media where she could just speak to fans & sit with Jimmy & Terry dissecting the music. I also wish she would allow people to hear from her where she is in life. 

Her perspective is not only welcomed, it would be like wisdom in an industry consumed in ignorance. Her statue of artistry is well respected. Being able to quote a legend is like being able to study the greats & find inspiration to tie into the music. She doesn't have to perform on shows to be respected. I think she could draw people in by going a different route. 

It's the compete opposite for me. I prefer performances over interviews. What I really qould love to see, is the creative process filmed. How they came up with songs, showing studio sessions, etc.... Im a sucker for that kind of stuff. But I really don't care for Janet giving interviews. Interviewers always want to meddle into her personal business, and I simply don't care.

• Upvote 4

Personally, I there's parts I agree with from some posters and parts I don't. For me, I agree that if you have less expectations the surprises that do happen will be more exciting...so it's more effective to be less consumed in the process. On the same token, I understand the frustrations of knowing the potential of this album and not seeing it maximized. 

I also disagree that there is NO chance that grievances will EVER be heard or addressed. Didn't Janet have lunch with fans overseas on her birthday a couple years ago & discuss perspectives, her music, and them as fans as a whole? Didn't she START this promotion with "keep the conversation going" & "I've been listening..." So why is it that fans who disagree are now being shut down for following the very directions given by Janet herself. 

In specific, Game & some others, are quick to quote things "from her lips" but ignore that she asked for conversation, not empty praise. Conversations have varying opinions & honestly who knows what Janet has heard & is/has considered due to what her fans have suggested. Let's stop acting like healthy debates can't have positive outcomes. Because if Janet ever does say she's been listening & does what some have asked then what? 

Uhhh Janet is still going to do Janet. 

I don't think she's literally listening or actively looking or taking your advice (especially since your advice is based on her past). 

Fans are being "shut down" bc they are talking out their assholes about things that matter to them and not about the business of maintaining profits

Edited by #UnbreakableGame