JANET - Two-Night Documentary Event Set at Lifetime and A&E

MorganR

On 1/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, Deeper said:

People are hitting me up about this documentary.  My anticipation at an all time high.

Same here. Even people who aren't Janet fans are talking about it. Some say they aren't fans but that they like her music or just like her in general.

Watched part 1, just finished, its beautifully shot, the enormity of the eras is visually present. Janet seems very contemplative, the nostalgia is kinda missing, I don't hear the excitement from her, she's more pensive about the past and relationships etc. I was moved to tears when she spoke on James, that really got me. I found the pace of the documentary to be somewhat satisfying, but in all honesty how do you cover all the cultural impact she has had in 4 hours? I don't know how you can, it feels like another 2 hours could be spent showing her impact on other artists, but it's not there as of yet, her impact on black women, and culture. Janet's story encompasses so much more. 

So far overall I'm mostly happy she did this, it's not her style to open up and share, so I dont expect her to be too candid, about the entertainment business, or her interactions within the industry, in this sense the story remains true to Janet, she's a class act. there's no one like her and no one ever will be. 

23 hours ago, Angela said:

I actually think she should’ve had three nights because there’s so much to cover tomorrow. But it’s very well done. I found the commentary of her dad to be very protective than I would’ve expected but that was her father. 

I love it but it could've used a third night.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, jinthahouse said:

JANET GONNA RETIRE? 

She said at the end of the documentary that she wants to focus on being a mother and that she wants to go out to a huge bang.

I don't think so. That footage of her was from during SOTW tour. It was a weird clip to end on. She's obviously ramping Black Diamond back up.

she really honored Michael, so his fans can have several seats. I think it was a well-done documentary, she could release an extended version for fans. The second part did a lot more of what I wanted to see as a fan, show the public what she's done and achieved. Thank You Janet! 

The ending of the doc felt so bittersweet. So happy for her but this really reminded us how long she has been in the game for. So yeah we wont be getting those full blown music eras but maybe she will go into TV/film production like she has always wanted. But I MUST see her live one more time in my life, hopefully in the UK.

I really enjoyed the Rene footage and I assume they must be on some kind good terms since she had access to it. It was also good hear both her and Jermaine confirm the reason for the breakup. It was a big suprise to hear her say that her and Justin are on good terms and still speak!!! Hopefully everyone can put it to rest now.

My only disappointment was not discussing the Wissam years, but I somewhat expected that.