Piers Morgan interview discussion

art

what makes you think she wasnt friends with JD? even though she's never said it doesnt mean that was the case...just like when janet was getting over james rene was there...JD was there when she was getting over Rene...they started kickin it as soon as she did STCML...and she wasnt as hurt with losing JD because they did remain friends aftwards...you gotta give me something better to why you think she was so madly in love with Rene...cause i dont see it...and as far as him being more involved in janet's career...his sorry ass aint do nothing JD didnt do and janet said that herself (not quite like that) lol but pretty much

I never said she wasn't :lol: By the time JD came in the picture Janet and Rene had split waaaaay before...remember janet was in dating mode by the time A4U hit. Remember Janet said she didnt really know or befriend JD until STCML remix..so there's a difference. Rene WAS HER BESTFRIEND during the James situation. JD came in a few years AFTER her split..so there is a huge difference.Not to mention the circumstances are nothing alike. Like I said a different love is not necessarily a BETTER love. Each of her "loves" were fit for her in those different phases in her life. Thats it and thats ALL IM SAYIN.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, she and JD really overdid it sometimes. I feel like part of that was a maturity thing - he acts like a perennial teenager, and I think some of that rubbed off on her. 'Cause they were acting like 2 kids in high school a lot of the time.

I don't like who Janet became when she was with JD. I know this sounds harsh, but she kinda lost her superstar status with him. It's like he brought her down.

I like seeing Janet the diva...she needs someone as magnif as her

I always questioned the Rene rshp...didn't seem right

I don't like who Janet became when she was with JD. I know this sounds harsh, but she kinda lost her superstar status with him. It's like he brought her down.

I like seeing Janet the diva...she needs someone as magnif as herI always questioned the Rene rshp...didn't seem right

Janets superstar status was more important than her happiness? Janet should be honoured to have fans like you -_-

I like seeing Janet the diva...she needs someone as magnif as her

I always questioned the Rene rshp...didn't seem right

I feel you on that. I don't dislike JD as a person, and I was glad that he made her happy on a personal level but . . . now that she's out of the relationship, I'm kind of like "wow, I'm glad she's moved on from that."

I dont know if I would say she loved Rene the least of all her others. I think that breakup probably was the MOST PAINFUL because of how it all came crashing down so ugly. I believe out of any of them Rene probably is the one she loved THE MOST actually.A little bitterness can indeed cause someone to be naive tho.

true dat, Im sorry I caught the interview last minute for one, BUT I refuse to believe she did not love Rene you don't marry and stay with someone that long and there is no love what the fuck was the point? It wasn't like she needed him or he was baby daddy, so I dont think so, I think Rene MUST be in the 3 or 5 or whatever the hell she thought. Besides the passion and anger after hell thats love too, you dont get passionate over folks you dont love or care about :filenails:

true dat, Im sorry I caught the interview last minute for one, BUT I refuse to believe she did not love Rene you don't marry and stay with someone that long and there is no love what the fuck was the point? It wasn't like she needed him or he was baby daddy, so I dont think so, I think Rene MUST be in the 3 or 5 or whatever the hell she thought. Besides the passion and anger after hell thats love too, you dont get passionate over folks you dont love or care about :filenails:

The question was how many times was Janet truly in love. There's no denying she loved Rene but there's a possibility that she doesn't feel what they had was true love.

Here watch 1:14 - 1:22

That's why some of us think she's hinting at Rene or even James.

The thing about Rene is, I think in some ways she felt more dependent on him than she did madly in love with him. I mean, he helped her through her split with James, was her shoulder to lean on, and she may have just felt safe with him. And he seemed more than willing to step up and take care of things in a number of different ways.

And you also have to take into account that she'd be looking at this with as much hindsight as any of us - she may have felt she loved him, may have really loved him even, but when she looks back, can't remember any of that.

The thing about Rene is, I think in some ways she felt more dependent on him than she did madly in love with him. I mean, he helped her through her split with James, was her shoulder to lean on, and she may have just felt safe with him. And he seemed more than willing to step up and take care of things in a number of different ways.

And you also have to take into account that she'd be looking at this with as much hindsight as any of us - she may have felt she loved him, may have really loved him even, but when she looks back, can't remember any of that.

Selective amnesia is a bitch. But it also comes in handy some times . dry.gif

But you cannot dimiss how you felt for someone when you look back in hindsight because your bitter aftermath of it all can be misleading to a rational thought of your feelings at that time.

Selective amnesia is a bitch. But it also comes in handy some times . dry.gif

And ppl tend to have that after its all over because they're so desperate for answers thats even unknown to them."Oh,I didnt love him that much anyway" ..bullshit, because thats not always the case.Ppl cant deal with the fact of being DUPED! PERIOD

And ppl tend to have that after its all over because they're so desperate for answers thats even unknown to them."Oh,I didnt love him that much anyway" ..bullshit, because thats not always the case.Ppl cant deal with the fact of being DUPED! PERIOD

I don't think that anyone is denying that; if anything that just shows how an ugly end to a relationship can completely skew a person's thoughts on the relationship as a whole. That is what i've been saying from the start. I do believe she loved Rene at some point, however, the way they ended has a direct impact on the way she feels about the relationship. It's not about "I didn't love him that much anyway". Some people truly believe that certain things do not happen in a relationship where true love is/was present. Lets not act like Janet hasn't alluded to some shady shit happening during her and Rene's relationship. Add those things to the way their relationship ended; it's not hard to believe that the entire relationship could be tainted in Janet's eyes. Of course, no one knows for sure what the hell is going on in Janet's mind, but i've felt this way about her and Rene for a long ass time...but if you believe and know that the way a relationship ends can alter a person's view of the entire relationship, why can't you believe that there is a possibility Janet doesn't consider Rene one of the true loves of her life?

But you cannot dimiss how you felt for someone when you look back in hindsight because your bitter aftermath of it all can be misleading to a rational thought of your feelings at that time.

Yes, you can, even if you shouldn't. And that doesn't mean that Janet isn't doing it.

And, I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere, because I have been avoiding the "True You" threads because I just got the book in the mail today, but there's a picture of her in there looking considerably less than happy and the caption reads "On the beach in Hawaii. Just turned twenty-one. Moments before, I was proposed to. I didn't know the engagement was coming or what would follow." I haven't read what else she's said about it yet, but I found that very interesting.

I don't think that anyone is denying that; if anything that just shows how an ugly end to a relationship can completely skew a person's thoughts on the relationship as a whole. That is what i've been saying from the start. I do believe she loved Rene at some point, however, the way they ended has a direct impact on the way she feels about the relationship. It's not about "I didn't love him that much anyway". Some people truly believe that certain things do not happen in a relationship where true love is/was present. Lets not act like Janet hasn't alluded to some shady shit happening during her and Rene's relationship. Add those things to the way their relationship ended; it's not hard to believe that the entire relationship could be tainted in Janet's eyes. Of course, no one knows for sure what the hell is going on in Janet's mind, but i've felt this way about her and Rene for a long ass time...but if you believe and know that the way a relationship ends can alter a person's view of the entire relationship, why can't you believe that there is a possibility Janet doesn't consider Rene one of the true loves of her life?

That may be her thought in HINDSIGHT,like I said its natural to doubt things and all of that but the truth remains is that there was a DEEP LOVE there. And I have a VERY hard time believing that Rene would not be apart of the initial 3 she stated at first.If you dont think he was..then we'll have to agree to disagree.SIMPLE

iJanet, just give up :lol:

Watch the Piers interview again and read the book then you will see that Rene's "love" is nothing to Janet now. Case closed.

Its called aftermath denial and bitterness after a bad break up ..use your head.She's in a different space now mentally because its all over.Do you still expect her to be "goo goo ga ga" over him? NO,who is after a breakup. You're thoughts and opinions change about the person but it doesnt change how you felt about them.MY GOD,USE YOUR BRAIN :wacko:

Its called aftermath denial and bitterness after a bad break up ..use your head.She's in a different space now mentally because its all over.Do you still expect her to be "goo goo ga ga" over him? NO,who is after a breakup. You're thoughts and opinions change about the person but it doesnt change how you felt about them.MY GOD,USE YOUR BRAIN :wacko:

You're not making any sense. :lmao:

People CAN lose what they felt for their ex after a period of time. It's not just because of how the relationship ended but what happened during their relationship! Janet has stated that she found out things she had no clue about. Seriously, you consider yourself a stan so I'm surprised you don't know this. Also why doesn't she feel the same way about James? He abused her physically and mentally yet she's able to point out the positives that came from their relationship. Why can't she do the same with Rene? Why is it when they were together she only talked business and briefly mentioned his support? No one's denying that Janet felt she was in love with Rene just like everyone who was in relationship. But she has questioned whether what they had was real. She never questioned her love with James and JD.

I suggest YOU use your brain and move the hell on. You're the only one in here insisting that Janet feels what she had with Rene was true love when the woman herself is obviously hinting otherwise.

That may be her thought in HINDSIGHT,like I said its natural to doubt things and all of that but the truth remains is that there was a DEEP LOVE there. And I have a VERY hard time believing that Rene would not be apart of the initial 3 she stated at first.If you dont think he was..then we'll have to agree to disagree.SIMPLE

how do you know what the "truth" is??? you are acting as though people can't come out of long term relationships with the feeling that true love was missing, and really mean it...you can't determine that someone is being dishonest or in denial simply because they didn't feel like their relationship was built on true love...many things can happen over the course of a relationship that can change someone's mind...of course it's her thought in hindsight, the relationship has been over for over 10 years, the only way she can look at it is in hindsight...as I said before, NO ONE knows what is in Janet's mind, she is the ONLY one who truly knows how she feels about that time...my question to you is and has always been the same...why is it hard to believe that there's a possibility that looking back on the relationship, Janet doesn't feel like it was a relationship built on true love? I don't need to agree to disagree because my position has never changed...i've been talking from a hypothetical point of view the entire thread, you are the one speaking with great conviction lol...I wasn't there so I don't know...I just accept the fact that people come out of long term relationships every single day and not all of them feel like true love was present in their relationship...all I ever did was acknowledge the possibility

Archived