The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

WHAT DOES SASHA NEED A TELEPROMTER ON STAGE FOR? :unsure:

Beyonce Used a Teleprompter at Roseland Ballroom Show?

Andrew H. Walker, Getty

Diva of destiny Beyonce is in the midst of performing four intimate nights at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City -- to a consistently packed house of fans. But according to Perez Hilton there was one thing just a little off -- the former Destiny's Child frontwoman was using a teleprompter.

Artists have used sheet music, teleprompters, lyrics sheets and more onstage -- which isn't unusual -- but even the momentary conversation King B had with the audience was scripted. Perez Hilton quotes one of his readers in attendance of the concert last night (Aug. 17) as saying:

"It was so distracting that for the first few songs everyone in my immediate area was watching the screen talking the script out loud before she was. It became especially ironic/humorous when she was talking about becoming an actress yet she's reading off of a prompter instead of memorizing the damn words."

Check out a few pictures of Beyonce using the teleprompter here. Do you think she should have relied on her natural stage presence? Or was she really drawing a blank?

I SAW A VIDEO PUT NOT OF HER READING :unsure:

http://www.theboombox.com/2011/08/17/beyonce-used-a-teleprompter-at-roseland-ballroom-show/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+boombox%2Fcbs+%28The+Boombox+for+Radio.com+iPad%29

Well she didn't do a thousand performances, or make a video for every song on the album like with B'day. My guess is she never gave to shits about the sales from the moment she started recording the album.

No, but she did some pretty high profile performances, and even got Billboard to endorse her. :umm:

I agree that she probably had lower expectations for sales than she did with her previous albums, but I'm sure she still wants it to sell.

And isn't she going to have at least 4 videos already? Run this World, Best Thang I Neva Had, Party, and Countdown? Or were the last two just a rumour?

Thats not everywhere for Bey

What's the definition of "everywhere"? :huh:

Promotion so far:

Billboard Awards

Oprah's second last show

BET Awards

Glastonbury

American Idol

Year of 4 documentary

Morning shows

Late night shows

Random interviews

The 4 concerts

As far as I can see, she's still working hard to promote this album. :umm:

No, but she did some pretty high profile performances, and even got Billboard to endorse her. :umm:

I agree that she probably had lower expectations for sales than she did with her previous albums, but I'm sure she still wants it to sell.

And isn't she going to have at least 4 videos already? Run this World, Best Thang I Neva Had, Party, and Countdown? Or were the last two just a rumour?

She only did three televised performances of "Run The World" - Oprah, Billboard, and GMA. Two for "Best Thing...." and "1+1" which wasn't even a single. Other than that, she hasn't promoted the album in the States.

There's only a "Party" video to my knowledge which will probably be the fall single. The old Beyonce would go into overdrive and she'd be everywhere. It's clear she just doesn't give a shit.