The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

MJB has had some KILLER first week sales ! I never expected Growing pains to sell so damn much even at xmas. That was crazy. Beyonce has pulled in half a million first week with b'day, But I honestly think she's trying to go for the 1 Million first week since afew of her peers have done i.e Usher, Britney, Gaga, Lil wayne ... even Alicia has pulled in 700k first week.

Beyonce will never

I think this was an excellent strategy and she is reaping the rewards for the out of box thinking. Her promo singles weren't quite gaining the traction she wanted so she revamped restrategized and made quite the splash.

That's all I gotta say because the rest of this thread is annoying as hell.

• Upvote 4

And the fact that she's still acting like she doesn't have an album out is hilarious!

Well honestly it's not like the album was in stores. It was only for sale on itunes. There would be no sense of promoting an album that's only available on itunes cause not everybody has itunes and not everybody wants an album on itunes. When it's available in stores then yeah she should promote

I think this was an excellent strategy and she is reaping the rewards for the out of box thinking. Her promo singles weren't quite gaining the traction she wanted so she revamped restrategized and made quite the splash.

and the actual songs?

Truth, I always said I'd give her credit when she earns it, she did with this move

And ant that the truth.

You actually think "I Am" and 4 is better than this album :mellow:

My exact reaction lol

YOU DONT HAVE TO NAME THEM SIS. ALL OF THEM ARE HERE FOR HER. SO being played in a funky ass department store 20 years from now makes you a legend? There are plenty of old 80's one hit wonders that get played in department stores, that doesn't make them Legendary. Get the entire fuck outta here with that flawed ass logic. At the end of the day, Beyoncé will be remembered way before your pressed ass. You can cry rivers, Shit floods, Piss lakes and waterfalls and THAT WILL NOT CHANGE. THATS FOR DAMN SURE.

Fans like you need to get a LIFE, never mind telling other people to "get their life' over a stupid record. I swear, you Beyonce fans live your dreams through her achievements.

Well honestly it's not like the album was in stores. It was only for sale on itunes. There would be no sense of promoting an album that's only available on itunes cause not everybody has itunes and not everybody wants an album on itunes. When it's available in stores then yeah she should promote

She doesn't need to promote at all...

She doesn't need this album to keep selling as it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do

sell those concert tickets while still selling a shit load of albums

A few minutes ago tickets went on sale in Belgium for her tour here... I tried to get tickets for the concert but they were sold out in 8 minutes (all the standing seats were sold out before i could refresh my page) and i was on the site 15 minutes before tickets went on sale...

A second concert was added after a few minutes and i was able to get tickets for that one, but also sold out in less then 10 minutes

that's 40.000 tickets sold in less then 15 minutes

average ticket price €70 = €2.800.000 (and this is for one of the smallest countries in Europe)

so this and her selling more albums then ever before makes this a success no matter what happens nxt

the album can sink with 95% in January and no one will give a shit

• Upvote 1

Target isn't selling the CD because they don't like that it was available on iTunes before physical. They said, "At Target we focus on offering our guests a wide assortment of physical CDs, and when a new album is available digitally before it is available physically, it impacts demand and sales projections,”. Ironic considering Target always has the exclusives - you never see any of the other retailers throw their toys out the pram.

You also have she considers how she outsmarted the pirates. There were no leaks to worry about so that really helped sales of the album. I have to give Beyonce credit for that.

This is true although I believe Watch The Throne didn't leak either. What I love most about this is that consumers who don't illegally download don't have a choice in what song they purchase - they either get the full album or nothing. It puts the focus on the album rather than songs.

No one is acting like that. Now I'm not saying this as a stan. I'm trying to be calm, collected and reasonable like I always am :wub:. It is random if you just put your album out there without releasing a press statement about the release date or anything...although technically that's not what happened...they planned this for months. Yes you can make a case for the Superbowl and the various headlines being promo. If so then she kinda did what I do sometimes when I'm feeling sexy. She edged (Grown Woman..Superbowl)...stopped...edged (Tour / Bow Down)...stopped...edged (pictures of videos being released)....and BAM. She's now splattered everywhere and it was best best splatter ever.

But when people say "no promo" they mean where is the Fallon interview? Or the Ellen sit down? Or her Wendy appearance? Or the VMA performance? Or American Music Awards? Or the single? Or the rounds on the radio? Or her segment on Good Morning America? THAT'S what people mean by saying no promo because that's what a typical promotion for an album looks like. So no there hasn't been promotion. Just constant teases and a lot of secrecy surrounding the album. Oh and a world tour in which she performed none of the tracks on the album except Bow Down at a few select shows. I mean who tours BEFORE an album? No one knew this album was coming out on Friday until it did - that's why people are acting as if it's random.

It's always refreshing to see someone approach it differently. That's why I loved it when Prince said fuck retail and gave his album for free in a newspaper. Or when Radiohead said fuck retail - here's our album which you can buy from our site but there's no price - pay what you want for it. I don't think she's changed the game but she's definitely put one foot out of the box. She kind of showed the power of social media and iTunes tbh. She showed that there is marketing in "no marketing" (although you could again argue against this).

This article says it all tbh. It's long but it makes a lot of great valid points. http://www.bostonglo...mzUM/story.html

The point I'm making is that she has had promo for all of 2013. People were waiting for the project and wondering what was going on because she hadn't released it yet. Her fans, the causal fans, those expecting a new project, etc.

Also, performing new music in concert, those teases are signifying to your fans and the world that a new project is on the horizon. The new music in the commercials (which were on heavy rotation), and again the Superbowl/inauguration, etc. The promotion was there, she just had to take advantage of it. BTW, though Bow Down, Grown Woman, and Standing In The Sun weren't officially released, they circulated heavily via social media.

What she should be given credit for is the way she took advantage of all of the promo she's had in 2013. It was smart and the hype surrounding it incited a frenzy. She took a risk and it paid off. I don't think she would have gotten the same results without releasing it the way that she did.

So yes, she should be given credit for a brilliant business move. However, the "No single. No Promo." BS and/or acting as if she was gone for decades prior to the release, dropped it, and now sits atop iTunes.... that just isn't accurate.

• Upvote 3

Target isn't selling the CD because they don't like that it was available on iTunes before physical. They said, "At Target we focus on offering our guests a wide assortment of physical CDs, and when a new album is available digitally before it is available physically, it impacts demand and sales projections,”. Ironic considering Target always has the exclusives - you never see any of the other retailers throw their toys out the pram.

Sounds like Game had something to do w/ this :shifty:

• Upvote 3