Maya Rudolf Vs. Debra Wilson- WHO DID WHITNEY BETTER?

jarrylf

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better Whitney?

• Maya Rudolf
    • Debra Wilson

Me & my cousin got into this argument because he LOVES Maya Rudolf & everything she does (I do too) and when I brought up that NOBODY does Whitney Houston like Debra Wilson he was goin hard on why Maya was better, and...HE WAS JUST SOOO WRONG! Like Maya's hilarious but I dont find her Whitney impressions that funny (I find her Diana Ross impressions HILARIOUS), but her Whitney is too cartooney even for Whitney's personality, DEBRA WAS PERFECT. And ofcourse I HAD to shut it down with using the fact that Im the 1 of the 2 of us who actually had a conversation with her and obserbed her right in front of me. Im doing this cause I thought it was just common sense, but is my cousin not alone in thinking Maya did a better or (as he put it) more "realistic" version of Whitney? (hell SNL didnt even update Whitney's wigs, Whitney hasnt worn that wig style since 1998..., meanwhile Debra ALWAYS did Whitney up to date image & personality wise :filenails: )

Maya

http://youtu.be/nybqv8k6FXo?t=3m

DEBRA

(GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, THIS IS WHITNEY)

Debra plays Whitney BETTER than Whitney. :mellow:

No contest! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But Maya is a VERY talented impersonator tho...she has always cracked me the fuck up! Maya adds in her own exaggerated flava to her impersonations which makes them her own and quite hilarious at the same time. I love them both for different reasons.

But Maya is a VERY talented impersonator tho...she has always cracked me the fuck up! Maya adds in her own exaggerated flava to her impersonations which makes them her own and quite hilarious at the same time. I love them both for different reasons.

You know what your right about Maya thats what I love about her, and for me if her Whitney wasnt Whitney itd be so much funnier because she is funny wit it, but she's just not Whitney, wheres Debra got Whitney down to a science (same for Oprah), she completely becomes them and everybody she impersonates.

You know what, I didnt even think about this until I read a comment on 1 of the videos but Debra could easily be where Dave Chappelle was, like she could have that type of show. I really wish she would get back on that screen and do these impressions again, hell she did Beyonce & Janet & LaToya too.

CLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLASSIC!!!!! (NOBODY DOES MIMI LIKE DEB EITHER, this song throws SOOO much shade "and your latest album, is sitting in, the half off bin")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NGDuvT3zY

THIS! :clapping:

And like Manyfaces pointed out with that GREATTTTT CLIP both of em can SANG too, but wit Maya if you Minnie Ripperton's daughter, you gon have some kind of sangin voice lol. But honestly I love "Not Insane" not just cause of the CONSTANT shade, but Debra really sounds good as Mariah & Whitney

I found late 90's SNL funny but ONLY cause of like Will Ferrell, Cheri Oteri, & Molly Shannon, and like 1 or 2 others. But in the 96-03 years SNL was 2nd bannana to Mad TV's reign. Mad TV in the late 90's to me is like SNL in the late 70s & In Living Color in the early 90's=UNTOUCHABLE. Like somewhere in the 98-00 seasons they had a PERFECT cast and some amazing skits, wheres SNL was REALLLY (and still is today) depending on the celebs and musical guests. Mad TV was killin with & without both.

All in all I love both shows tho, but MadTV.....they gave me ALOT of life, some of these very sketches above lol.

Debra and the world knows it. Is Maya half black or something cause she don't look like she got an ounce of black in her and I don't like when she plays as a black artist cause her skin is too light to pull it off

WTF does complexion have to do with it? :blink: Just because she's light she shouldn't play black characters? :blink:

Debra and the world knows it. Is Maya half black or something cause she don't look like she got an ounce of black in her and I don't like when she plays as a black artist cause her skin is too light to pull it off

Minnie Ripperton is Maya Rudolf's mother......so yea she's mixed. I cant let the skin tone bother me its like if your shit is good enough it shouldnt matter.

Archived