The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

Music :tear:. The start still reminds me of Vogue. Her vocals are just so soothing on this one!

What You Need - her harmonies, lower register >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OMG when the chorus starts! OMG! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:. The way the tempo just changes like a laid back Cockiness!!! >>>>>>>>>! The clubs will EAT THAT UP!!!

Brandy's voice when she says "What you yelling for?" on Do You Know What You Got Here just turned me on :blush:

Whoever this is im loving your opinions of the songs because im agreeing with your opinions...no need for me even to give mine lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Whoever this is im loving your opinions of the songs because im agreeing with your opinions...no need for me even to give mine lol :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Awww thanks ^_^!! I always say the truth haha. You're a DJ aren't you? Would you play What U Need in the club??

My Faves On First Listen from this Album (Ones that Grabbed Me Most):

"Slower" :clapping:yes Chris

"Without You" the vocals!!!!

"Wish Your Love Away" the oriental element in the melody!!!!

"Paint This House" Is the shit should be a single

"Wildest Dreams"

"No Such Thing As Too Late"

"Can You Hear Me Now" song absolutely knocks!!!!!

"Music" OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! BRANDY YES!!!! :cry:

It's safe to say I like/love every song on this album even Let Me Die is growing on me

I am officially fucking slayed...

15mee4n.jpg

Ther.Is.A.GOD! Yes this is better than the previous albums. It has it's share of filler but it does have some really great songs.

After listening 3 times in a row heres my thoughts on every track

Wildest Dreams-A (fave on 1st listen, as you know)

So Sick-D (meh, nothin special, kinda hood but not as hood as PID, I like the chours I guess, has the potential to grow on me)

Slower-A (Chris did the damn thing, its really good)

No Such Thing As To Late-B (Love it, don't sound like the typical Brandy ballad to me, something different about it)

Let Me Go-D-(ugh, too hood fo ma Brandy)

Without You- A (What the hell is there not to love about this song?)

Put It Down- F (What the hell is there to like about this song besides her voice in the verses & the harmonies in the chours?)

Hardly Breathing- B (I like it but itdidnt stick with me 1st listen, has the possibility of moving up)

Do You Know What You Have- C (I don't dislike it but it'll have to grow on me)

Scared Of Beautiful- B (I like it but nothing special, could grow on me but I can see myself forgetting it)

Wish Your Love Away- A (First listen it got me)

Paint This House-C (Nothing special, I like it but I can see myself forgetting it's existence, but I can also see myself growing to liking it more)

Can You Hear Me Now-C (I kinda like it, its ok, has the potential to raise it's grade)

Music-A (what I said about Without You)

What You Need-D (Her low register in the chours is what saved it from being an F, all that electro stuff in the chours is what almost turned it to an F)

Overall I give this album a solid B, the highest I've given her albums since Full Moon, which I also give a B. Congrats on smashing my expectations, praise god. Had several of the RIGHT (A) tracks been released/leaked instead of 2 very hood (not ma Brandy) types of songs, and 2 good songs, wouldnt've been so worried in the 1st place.

It gets a B because it honestly could have been better, which I feel the same for Full Moon, tho I think it would've taken less to make FM better. Wheres I rate her 1st 2 albums solid A's, and her last 2 albums before this 1 C & 1 C-/D.

That's cool! I need to listen to her album. If I like full moon and afrodisiac will I like this?'

I think you will! Put It Down is definitely not representative of the whole album but her lead singles from Full Moon onwards never were lol.

Are there many upbeat (non ghetto) songs?

I'm not sure how you'd describe non-ghetto :lol:. I love them all tbh. Did you read my reviews of each song earlier on? I was posting as I was listening :lol:. Do you have a link for the album?