So what do you think of Janet saying "Insa'Allah" at the end of her show

JoeJoe

I've noticed in the past few days fans are commenting and not being too fond of Janet saying that. We won't know if she's fully converted to Muslim or not until she says otherwise but I think she may have. I don't care tho. Video here on one of Janet's facebook group pages

https://www.facebook.com/janetsrb/videos/778850298901223/

I don't have a problem with it if Janet has chosen to be Muslim or not.  God knows what is in your heart and it doesn't matter what language you say his name in.  And the entire Muslim community are not terrorists. So sick of people freaking out when they hear the word "Muslim".  All I know is God is my judge.  I could have sworn Janet was wearing a cross for the album packaging shoot. There was a lot of jewelry but I think she's wearing one. Everyone needs to understand that some people take good from every religion and create their own religion and sacraments. 

• Upvote 9

I don't have a problem with it if Janet has chosen to be Muslim or not.  God knows what is in your heart and it doesn't matter what language you say his name in.  And the entire Muslim community are not terrorists. So sick of people freaking out when they hear the word "Muslim".  All I know is God is my judge.  I could have sworn Janet was wearing a cross for the album packaging shoot. There was a lot of jewelry but I think she's wearing one. Everyone needs to understand that some people take good from every religion and create their own religion and sacraments. 

That's the problem with people who follow religion instead of faith...everyone too quick to say their religion is "the right one"

There has been so much speculation about Janet converting, her saying Inshallah as well as being covered will stoke the fire. Im not fussed whatever faith she follows, but I can see it being "issue" as such over in the US.

• Upvote 6

As an atheist, I don't have a problem with Janet being Muslim, or which version of the magical sky daddy she chooses to believe in. As long as she doesn't get anti women's rights, anti gay, or preachy. She has every right to her own beliefs, and practices.

I don't think Janet would ever become those things.  Janet may have accepted the Muslim faith but I don't think she will ever be able to cut off her Christian roots. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think Janet would ever become those things.  Janet may have accepted the Muslim faith but I don't think she will ever be able to cut off her Christian roots. 

It really doesn't make any difference to me what Janet believes in. Whether it be in God, The Easter Bunny, Spiderman, ect..... I respect it, as long as she doesn't become judgmental and a bigot, as a result. I don't understand why some fans might have a problem with her being Muslim. She's a human being, and is able to follow whatever religion or beliefs she pleases. If it makes her happy. It hasn't affected her professional career, nor has she used it against her fans.

• Upvote 1

That awkward moment when that saying isn't "Muslim" or a religion... It's just the Arabic language farewell phrase :umm: Her religion has NOTHING to do with her saying 'Insa allah' 

If she said "Ciao" at her shows, it doesn't mean she's Roman Catholic 

Uh this phrase mentions God and Ciao is a greeting :unsure: 

That awkward moment when that saying isn't "Muslim" or a religion... It's just the Arabic language farewell phrase :umm: Her religion has NOTHING to do with her saying 'Insa allah' 

If she said "Ciao" at her shows, it doesn't mean she's Roman Catholic 

non muslims dont usually refer to god as allah, if the concert were in the middle east and she used the term you could say she's just speaking their language but she's not in the middle east. im proud of janet for not trying to hide whatever she believes in, if islam is her truth then she should live it and be happy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH! If only more people understood this!!

And just because someone is Muslim doesn't mean they won't show skin. There are many Islamic countries that are liberal and don't demand that women wear a hijab. Being modest and covering head to toe is a CHOICE and not all Muslim women are required to do it. Both Iman and Rita Ora are Muslims and they show skin.

The Bible speaks against divorce, polyester, fortune telling, eating pork & shellfish, getting tattoos, and I know PLENTY of Christians that do it anyway. 

Muslims are all over the world and on every continent, she can say Inshallah whenever and wherever she pleases.

Let's just stop making generalizations and assumptions. It's ugly.

Edited by Kishi
  • Upvote 3

non muslims dont usually refer to god as allah, if the concert were in the middle east and she used the term you could say she's just speaking their language but she's not in the middle east. im proud of janet for not trying to hide whatever she believes in, if islam is her truth then she should live it and be happy.

Jist because she used a foreign language, doesn't means she's now associated with that language's religion 

How else would she say "God Willing" in Arabic? God = Allah.. It's all the same alleged being. 

• Upvote 2