The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

really? I have all the Oscar nominated films on my comp but I tried Argo the other night and I was just not there...and Les Mis is a musical :umm:

Oh, you couldn't pay me to sit through Les Mis or Lincoln. :lol:

Amour was great. Heartbreaking but very beautiful.

Beast of the Southern Wild. WOW!!! I didn't know I could go through so many emotions while watching a film. :mellow: Quvenslayne needs to win every award she is up for.

YES. Thats exactly how I felt watching it. So many emotions... that last half hour, I was a teary mess. :tear: For her to have been 6 and play that role with such conviction is just incredible. She did a phenomenal job and really carried the movie. I haven't seen the other performances to determine if she should win, but she damn sure deserves that nomination...and I'd be over the moon if she won.

• Upvote 1

YES. Thats exactly how I felt watching it. So many emotions... that last half hour, I was a teary mess. :tear:For her to have been 6 and play that role with such conviction is just incredible. She did a phenomenal job and really carried the movie. I haven't seen the other performances to determine if she should win, but she damn sure deserves that nomination...and I'd be over the moon if she won.

eggs.act.ly...she had my heart in her hands the whole movie and that ending scene where she holds back the tears in her eyes and then just lets the tears flow....chile.... :mellow: AND SHE IS SOOO DAMN ADORABLE, that nappy afro was giving me all kinds of life.
  • Upvote 1

eggs.act.ly...she had my heart in her hands the whole movie and that ending scene where she holds back the tears in her eyes and then just lets the tears flow....chile.... :mellow: AND SHE IS SOOO DAMN ADORABLE, that nappy afro was giving me all kinds of life.

I fucking lost it. :mellow: OMG... The "slow dance" scene got me misty too. I watched it twice and it didn't lose its potency one bit. And yes for her nappy fro and cherub cheeks! And her flexing her lil guns lol....too friggin cute.

• Upvote 1

A Haunted House - C+, If you love Marlon Wayans (like I do) you'll love it, flat out, it's funnier than Scary Movie 3 & 4....havent seen 5 yet ofcourse but I'll even throw that in, BUT....it's a lil stale until Cedric The Entertainer shows up and Nick Swordson (WHICH is very suprising because I'm not MUCH of a fan of either of them...BUT they are a huge part of making the movie good, There were a few things that slowed it down and could've beend one better or funnier, like theres a couple in the movie that played Marlon & his gf's couple friends, and they just plain werent funny or needed, and just took up time & space. Was expecting funnier based on what 1 of my friends who was in it told me but for what it is I enjoyed it.

Oh, you couldn't pay me to sit through Les Mis or Lincoln. :lol:

Amour was great. Heartbreaking but very beautiful.

Thank you I think you helped me decide which films I will see now and the rest whenever, still haven't watched Lincoln, I just didnt find this years crop that great...I miss the years that had "There Will be Blood" or "Brokeback Mountain" I take film seriously and the stuff I see up for awards dont really catch me, I loved "Precious" and "The Help" those are the kinda films I look for, there was a foreign film in German subtitles about the secret police that monitored people during the cold war called "The Lives of Others" that's in subtitles too BUT that movie was sooooo good

This Is 40- A-, I'm co-signing with Joe & Matt I can pretty much trust most Paul Rudd movies will be good. This movie was hilarious, my ONLY thing about Judd Apatow written movies are, they always have a dramatic undertone to them no matter how funny, it's his style but I wish he'd switch it up a little bit do all comedy or all drama. BUTI love this movie. Marissa McCarthy's 2 scenes had me DYING laughing.

you should see "The Lives of Others" you seem like the type that could handle a foreign language film ...that movie won best Oscar for Foreign film and it was beautiful and sad

I've heard great things bout it. I'll make time to check it out.

This Is 40- A-, I'm co-signing with Joe & Matt I can pretty much trust most Paul Rudd movies will be good. This movie was hilarious, my ONLY thing about Judd Apatow written movies are, they always have a dramatic undertone to them no matter how funny, it's his style but I wish he'd switch it up a little bit do all comedy or all drama. BUTI love this movie. Marissa McCarthy's 2 scenes had me DYING laughing.

I love that about Judd's movies, though. Melissa McCarthy kills me. I think she improvised just about every line she had. :asham: