The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

Hamlet 2 - B+, I've seen this before and loved it, my only problem is, I REALLLY think they got the wrong lead actor, because he seemed like he was trying too hard to convey a natural corniness & over the topness, and it came out as corny and over the top in a unnatural way. I think Jim Carey would've OWNNNNED this role and made it funnier but also more realistic.

I mean.. Justin Timberlake isn't that great of an actor

Hes great in comedy tho (most times anyway). It's the dramatic acting that he keeps trying to make happen......

In Misery's case it was as simple as some of the camera angles made things a little corny. And I wish they'd built Kathy's character up a little more before she unleashed. It was something like 8 mins in and she was already yelling at him. Plus, I'm a chronic nitpicker.

That makes sense :lol:.

Since we're on the topic of Stephen King adaptation - How do you feel about The Shining?

I mean.. Justin Timberlake isn't that great of an actor

He isn't but that's one of his only movies I thought he was good tbh

I've never seen it but I plan to soon. I read that Jack Nicholson was considered for James Caan's role in Misery but declined because he'd already done a Stephen King adaptation.

I loved The Shining myself - it always managed to freak me out as a kid :lol:. Stephen hates it :asham:. I don't think Nicholson would have done a good job in Misery tbh; although he's good I feel like he always brings a crazy senility to his roles that don't even require it imo (that's based on the 5 movies of his I've seen).

I loved The Shining myself - it always managed to freak me out as a kid :lol:. Stephen hates it :asham:. I don't think Nicholson would have done a good job in Misery tbh; although he's good I feel like he always brings a crazy senility to his roles that don't even require it imo (that's based on the 5 movies of his I've seen).

True. Is one of those 5 As Good As It Gets? :wub:

In Misery's case it was as simple as some of the camera angles made things a little corny. And I wish they'd built Kathy's character up a little more before she unleashed. It was something like 8 mins in and she was already yelling at him. Plus, I'm a chronic nitpicker.

I watched it last year late in the year, and then went to the net to read more about it on Wikipedia, it's one of Stephen King's favorite adaptions' of his works, including "Carrie"

I've never seen it but I plan to soon. I read that Jack Nicholson was considered for James Caan's role in Misery but declined because he'd already done a Stephen King adaptation.

"The Shining" is wonderful.....I caught it late at night after work in my apartment after a snow storm.....creepy shit

I watched it last year late in the year, and then went to the net to read more about it on Wikipedia, it's one of Stephen King's favorite adaptions' of his works, including "Carrie"

He shaded the new one right down :lmao: calling it irrelevant or something.