The last movie you saw at home/cinema - MOST POPULAR THREAD 2013/14

Selz

The Wolf of Wall Street pZWW9PP.pngpZWW9PP.pngpZWW9PP.pngJjNnAQp.pngJjNnAQp.png

I liked it, but I wish it had explored the downfall a little deeper. So many of the sex and debauchery scenes felt recycled to me, and the movie was just far too long. The casting was exceptional, though.

This. Great movie overall but there was more sex scenes than there was deep story telling. Having said that there were some great intense moments throughout.

This. Great movie overall but there was more sex scenes than there was deep story telling. Having said that there were some great intense moments throughout.

boys boys....I knew about an hour in, that's all marketing...its a guys movie, when I heard about it being "so good" I was listening to sports radio with the guy I work with....I mean this endorsement came from sports radio which is about as sharp as a rusty pair of scissors

August: Osage County

Loved it. The acting was spectacular from all. I felt a little unresolved at the end for some reason but it was a great movie. Meryl truly is a fantastic actress - that role looks like it's a hard one to pull off. Julia was also awesome.

August Osage County..B

I was getting "Brothers and Sisters" teas from this movie except more sisters and the mom is on drugs....anywho Meryl is great as usual, it was a hard film to view, because I think it spared no ugly to be seen in family dysfunction. I too felt like Bu the ending seem to have a lack of resolve, the reality is we want everything to have a happy ending, I simply don't see that here. I think the dysfunction became more than the family could pull through and they just went their own ways with their issues. I wonder though did Julia's character go back or truck on?

• Upvote 1

August: Osage County

Loved it. The acting was spectacular from all. I felt a little unresolved at the end for some reason but it was a great movie. Meryl truly is a fantastic actress - that role looks like it's a hard one to pull off. Julia was also awesome.

I want to see this movie!!!

Great reviews from I and Bailey.. I'm getting that movie

Terminator 2....B+ love this classic sci-fi film, James Cameron directed the sequel to the 1984 original as he directed that, I love the art of film, and watching how one person with good material can make an excellent film. Some directors can make or break a film, its clear to me that James Cameron is one of the greats when it comes to making movies, from "Titanic" to "Avatar"

"Notes on A Scandal" ....B+.......what a creepy film!!! It's a great deal like "Fatal Attraction" but the object of desire, of comfort and companionship is a female. All the tea that gets spilled in this film, makes the title quite apt. I found the story to be gripping enough to keep the viewer's attention, you want to know what happens next, where is this going, how will that go over? All of which makes this a great thriller. I think moreover the acting between Blanchett and Dench is the main attraction, from the beginning you witness this obsessive attention that Dench's character has towards "Mrs. Hart" played by Blanchett.....its quite the meltdown....I don't think its obvious from the start the degree Dench's character is disturbed. You think well she's just a lonely old woman with a cat, but no, there's a moment when Mrs. Hart must confess what she's done, and Dench's character gives the first true glimpse into her own horror, she believes in keeping Mrs. Hart's secret, Mrs. Hart will be "forever in her debt"....you instantly think, for what!!!? exactly? ...as the movie unravels, and it does just that, you realize that both characters are sad lost people fucking up big time, but even in the desperate nature of what Mrs. Hart committed, I tend to believe "Barbara" is far worst off. As the movie reaches its end I think someone must die over this, whose going to kill whom? Well that doesn't happen, what does happen is another cycle starts and the film ends. Last few words, it did make for a good sit at home on a snowy day movie, its scandalous, and very fucking creepy.

• Upvote 1