The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

No it's a fact '... I had to research it to remember

Yea the only way for your theory(opinion) that B2B was such a success was because of stripped would have to be if it followed Stripped within 2 years (as she should've), but no it was 4 years from Stripped, nobody was talking about Stripped in 06, the tour had been over for 2 years and the singles had stopped, that was the era that could've fell apart if she didn't have the right songs, and she did, and got praise, hits, awards, and her biggest tour to date. Hell her Greatest Hits album also got the success, hits, & praise, so again trying to imply that she mostly flopped, is a fail, until she has more flop albums than she has successful 1s.

This debate is so last year :rolleyes::lol:

I know but CHRISTina just get the girls so steamed that they just can't let it go. I understand being mad that someone you don't like is more successful than you think they should be GOD KNOOOOWS I know, but there comes a point where people just gotta acknowledge opinion and fact with success.

until she has more flop albums than she has successful 1s.

Lets review the facts:

1) She is in 3rd or 4th place in the Pop Diva war and that's what matters

2) she's hosting a talent show as her main job

3) she's formally known as the voice of the 00s..

4) next album will put her even with 3 successful albums and 3 retail studio ENGLISH albums

Lets review the facts:

4) next album will put her even with 3 successful albums and 3 retail studio ENGLISH albums

who has taken her place? :unsure:

Lets review the facts:

1. Thats not really a bad thing, thats not exactly number 12, like seriously.

2. LIE, she's not hosting anything, she's a JUDGE, Christina Milian is a host, AGUILERA is a JUDGE, MAJOR difference

3. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Aretha was The Voice of the late 60's and early 70's and didin't have a substancial hit until the mid 80's.

4. Really pointless to predict the next album sales when we don't know how her promo will be then, what the content will be, and if she'll even be with the same label, and even if supposedly the next album did tank, of all the albums she released, she still wouldn't be completely tied, her spanish album was a hit, the Christmas album, the greatest hits album, we're not going to discredit the success that she's had with those, hell we could even count her demo album that got released interdependently without her consent that still sold nicely.

My whole point in this argument isnt even saying in anyway that she is the most successful or highest selling in her generation, my point is making her out to be this 1 hit wonder type of artist a few of you are implying she is to an extent is just plain wrong, and that she's had more success than failures in her career

1. Thats not really a bad thing, thats not exactly number 12, like seriously.

2. LIE, she's not hosting anything, she's a JUDGE, Christina Milian is a host, AGUILERA is a JUDGE, MAJOR difference

3. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Aretha was The Voice of the late 60's and early 70's and didin't have a substancial hit until the mid 80's.

4. Really pointless to predict the next album sales when we don't know how her promo will be then, what the content will be, and if she'll even be with the same label, and even if supposedly the next album did tank, of all the albums she released, she still wouldn't be completely tied, her spanish album was a hit, the Christmas album, the greatest hits album, we're not going to discredit the success that she's had with those, hell we could even count her demo album that got released interdependently without her consent that still sold nicely.

My whole point in this argument isnt even saying in anyway that she is the most successful or highest selling in her generation, my point is making her out to be this 1 hit wonder type of artist a few of you are implying she is to an extent is just plain wrong, and that she's had more success than failures in her career

1) It's a huge lead between three & four :lol:

2) Sorry... gosh.. picky picky :rolleyes:

3) No that's not a bad thing... I wasn't being negative

4) Is it pointless :unsure:

1) It's a huge lead between three & four :lol:

2) Sorry... gosh.. picky picky :rolleyes:

3) No that's not a bad thing... I wasn't being negative

4) Is it pointless :unsure:

Well on the host/judge thing, it's pretty insulting, a host is a nobody whose experience with music can be next to nothing (..........Milian...She is great to look at and has the personality for that), but a judge gets paid more and is more respected.

And yea I think it's really pointless, I predicted Discipline would be more successful than DJ & 20 Y.O., I predicted Bey's 4floor would be a massive flop with that shitty 1st single, and I thought Emancipation would only slightly do better than Glitter & Charmbracelet.

Well on the host/judge thing, it's pretty insulting, a host is a nobody whose experience with music can be next to nothing (..........Milian...She is great to look at and has the personality for that), but a judge gets paid more and is more respected.

And yea I think it's really pointless, I predicted Discipline would be more successful than DJ & 20 Y.O., I predicted Bey's 4floor would be a massive flop with that shitty 1st single, and I thought Emancipation would only slightly do better than Glitter & Charmbracelet.

ok ok.. my bad..

:umm: yeah.. and I seen you were wrong

You really put yourself down there... Basically you're saying you were wrong in all 3 scenarios (the last being an opinion) However I predicted Brandy's demise (my proudest forum moment)... Xtina's newest flop (quietly though with no promo it was bound to happen), Usher's, Chris Brown's... etc all correctly... I can't think a time I predicted someone's album wrong LAST YEAR

Please enlighten us with more bad predictions... Do you think Xtina's album can sell more than B2B (1.7 million or 1million for that matter)?

I didn't do her biggest selling album because it would be a cold day in hell when she outsells her debut's near diamond status

and please don't mention Adele or MC... They actually have an audience

ok ok.. my bad..

:umm: yeah.. and I seen you were wrong

You really put yourself down there... Basically you're saying you were wrong in all 3 scenarios (the last being an opinion) However I predicted Brandy's demise (my proudest forum moment)... Xtina's newest flop (quietly though with no promo it was bound to happen), Usher's, Chris Brown's... etc all correctly... I can't think a time I predicted someone's album wrong LAST YEAR

Please enlighten us with more bad predictions... Do you think Xtina's album can sell more than B2B (1.7 million or 1million for that matter)?

I didn't do her biggest selling album because it would be a cold day in hell when she outsells her debut's near diamond status

and please don't mention Adele or MC... They actually have an audience

I've been right too (I knew Usher's Raymond Vs. Raymond would be a success, and I knew his last 1 wouldn't, I knew Rihanna's sells for Unapologetic would be mega despite if it went to #1 or not, I knew Mariah's Memiors would flop) And all of your predictions have been made during the beginning of their new eras, just like mine. Did you predict Nicki Minaj's career fall would be this soon?

Sorry to disapoint you on that request, but the industry is more fun when you watch what happens, I don't bet on anything, I have hopes and expectations and sometimes they're met and sometimes they arent, it is what it is, and you don't rule anything out, every flop is 1 great single/album away from a comeback (Mariah taught me that), and every artist sitting on top is 1 shitty single/album away from a fall (too many artist taught me that 1)

Nah, Adele & MC & Whitney actually have the same audience for the most part people who can appreciate the big vocals.

I've been right too (I knew Usher's Raymond Vs. Raymond would be a success, and I knew his last 1 wouldn't, I knew Rihanna's sells for Unapologetic would be mega despite if it went to #1 or not, I knew Mariah's Memiors would flop) And all of your predictions have been made during the beginning of their new eras, just like mine. Did you predict Nicki Minaj's career fall would be this soon?

Sorry to disapoint you on that request, but the industry is more fun when you watch what happens, I don't bet on anything, I have hopes and expectations and sometimes they're met and sometimes they arent, it is what it is, and you don't rule anything out, every flop is 1 great single/album away from a comeback (Mariah taught me that), and every artist sitting on top is 1 shitty single/album away from a fall (too many artist taught me that 1)

Nah, Adele & MC & Whitney actually have the same audience for the most part people who can appreciate the big vocals.

Nicki Minaj? Didn't her last album go platinum :umm: that's like 5 million in the 90s... and that re-release doesn't count... I'll wait for her next project before judging Nicki.. too many factors that could make her next project go either way... right now I would say it will sell less than Roman Reloaded or whatever she called it... Pink Friday 2 or something

"watch what happens"... this isn't a cripple fight.. it's a business.. I'm simply making predictions based on my intuition

MC got lucky... she has been on a straight decline ever since.. MC doesn't have "big vocals" and Whitney hasn't been relevant since the early-mid 1990s... Adele is the only person you named that actually has "big vocals" today

Nicki Minaj? Didn't her last album go platinum :umm: that's like 5 million in the 90s... and that re-release doesn't count... I'll wait for her next project before judging Nicki.. too many factors that could make her next project go either way... right now I would say it will sell less than Roman Reloaded or whatever she called it... Pink Friday 2 or something

"watch what happens"... this isn't a cripple fight.. it's a business.. I'm simply making predictions based on my intuition

MC got lucky... she has been on a straight decline ever since.. MC doesn't have "big vocals" and Whitney hasn't been relevant since the early-mid 1990s... Adele is the only person you named that actually has "big vocals" today

For Nicki to be an artist who's name was not worldly known before 2009 to release ANYTHING and have it sell that bad is not a good look, and she's a judge on a talent show too, her career hit a decline, without a doubt is my point, I was right about her image taking this turn, but even I didn't think it'd be this soon

I'm not saying she wasn't lucky (God knows that album did better than I thought it would) but thats my point this industry isn't really predictable, 1st singles success and failures don't even indicate how the era's gonna go.

.........."MC doesn't have big vocals"?................WHAT? Please tell me you just mean "lately" and not ever....cause thats a bad reach if you mean ever, and even for the lately, she's proven her voice isn't gone, and is still impressive. And still thats part of the pain of being a big vocal artist (or a fan of 1) the odds of the singers vocals sounding the same or getting better with age is not likely, theres a few exceptions but look at Aretha's vocal decline between her mid 30's to now, it's seemingly worst with every decade, impressive (to me) by the power, but you look up some Aretha clips between 64-74, it's a damn sad shame. But it happens. Mhy point is wth that tho, that is Christina's main crowd, and the area where she fits.

Was this a "buzz" album :unsure:

She's treating it like it is lol, She's giving this album Mixtape treatment (except people promote their mixtapes)

For Nicki to be an artist who's name was not worldly known before 2009 to release ANYTHING and have it sell that bad is not a good look, and she's a judge on a talent show too, her career hit a decline, without a doubt is my point, I was right about her image taking this turn, but even I didn't think it'd be this soon

I'm not saying she wasn't lucky (God knows that album did better than I thought it would) but thats my point this industry isn't really predictable, 1st singles success and failures don't even indicate how the era's gonna go.

.........."MC doesn't have big vocals"?................WHAT? Please tell me you just mean "lately" and not ever....cause thats a bad reach if you mean ever, and even for the lately, she's proven her voice isn't gone, and is still impressive. And still thats part of the pain of being a big vocal artist (or a fan of 1) the odds of the singers vocals sounding the same or getting better with age is not likely, theres a few exceptions but look at Aretha's vocal decline between her mid 30's to now, it's seemingly worst with every decade, impressive (to me) by the power, but you look up some Aretha clips between 64-74, it's a damn sad shame. But it happens. Mhy point is wth that tho, that is Christina's main crowd, and the area where she fits.

The talent show didn't air yet... it could be canceled (99.9% not possible) and it wouldn't really count... the problem with her re-release is.. it's a re-release with no appeal... Cassie & Ciara and some other flop rappers.. blah... Wayne is on it but that's not enough.

I could have predicted her re-release flopping.. but I chose not to... Yes her career has hit a decline.. but she has enough time to reverse the effect... and 2013 she probably will... All she has to do is do some hott features and bang.. she's back...

I meant in the last 10 years... so lately would be an understatement... MC isn't a big vocal anymore... anyone with ears can hear it... anyone who sees her (God bless them) in concert/live tv knows that... I don't think she's impressive at all and if she took care of her profit like Celine Dion she wouldn't be having this issue... it's possible to retain the singing voice if she took care of it.. but MC can't hit high notes anymore... I'm not here for Aretha Franklin... she's a legend but I'm not a fan of the 60s/70s... their lyrics and instrumentals aren't my taste.. I respect her and all of them (even Elvis) but for me to actually listen to them.. no thanx

Xtina does not fit in the same category as Adele.. Xtina tries too hard to compete with the Gagas and Spears of the industry... if Xtina started releasing ballads and power-vocal songs and not songs about her snatch.. maybe she'd sell more than without promo

I meant in the last 10 years... so lately would be an understatement... MC isn't a big vocal anymore... anyone with ears can hear it... anyone who sees her (God bless them) in concert/live tv knows that... I don't think she's impressive at all and if she took care of her profit like Celine Dion she wouldn't be having this issue... it's possible to retain the singing voice if she took care of it.. but MC can't hit high notes anymore...

Still not sounding like the 90s but definitely an improvement from what she has been in the past 5 years and shows she can definitely hit high notes. Just in case you missed it.

• Upvote 1

The talent show didn't air yet... it could be canceled (99.9% not possible) and it wouldn't really count... the problem with her re-release is.. it's a re-release with no appeal... Cassie & Ciara and some other flop rappers.. blah... Wayne is on it but that's not enough.

I could have predicted her re-release flopping.. but I chose not to... Yes her career has hit a decline.. but she has enough time to reverse the effect... and 2013 she probably will... All she has to do is do some hott features and bang.. she's back...

I meant in the last 10 years... so lately would be an understatement... MC isn't a big vocal anymore... anyone with ears can hear it... anyone who sees her (God bless them) in concert/live tv knows that... I don't think she's impressive at all and if she took care of her profit like Celine Dion she wouldn't be having this issue... it's possible to retain the singing voice if she took care of it.. but MC can't hit high notes anymore... I'm not here for Aretha Franklin... she's a legend but I'm not a fan of the 60s/70s... their lyrics and instrumentals aren't my taste.. I respect her and all of them (even Elvis) but for me to actually listen to them.. no thanx

Xtina does not fit in the same category as Adele.. Xtina tries too hard to compete with the Gagas and Spears of the industry... if Xtina started releasing ballads and power-vocal songs and not songs about her snatch.. maybe she'd sell more than without promo

Ah I hear you on the Aretha thing, like Im a huge fan (got all 36 of them albums, she was the very definition of hit & miss at the prime of her career), but I know alot of people in our age group who feel that way about either her or most of those old school artists.

But Xtina really doesn't seem to compete, ever, the only time she's really done what was popular seemingly was with her debut, she wasn't trying to look or sound like anybody else in any era that followed, again, people say "she's trying to be Gaga" but she was doing the eletro songs and crazy songs before we knew who Gaga was with her new songs on her GH album, that was the intro to the Bionic era and sound. Christina always did her, like I said I think if she were trying to compete with anyone, she would've released more studio (english) albums in those 1st 5 years (which I wish she would've done). And ofcourse she has those songs, and she releases them, but you're right she hasn't released any of them as a 1st single like she should, but I love how she is with her sexuality, you see how I am about sex, if you can own it, own it, and I love it when women do. It is ironic that of every 1st single since Stripped, the 1st single has been sexual (except B2B) and in the U.S., they never charted that high (tho I don't know what the fuck people here were thinkin lettin Dirrty be a U.S. flop, that song effortlessly slays)