Official Superbowl XLVI Thread (Madonna Performance on PAGE 7)

EphraimAdamz

Superbowl XLVI  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Superbowl?

• Giants
    • Patriots
    • I'm only watching to see if Madonna tries to upstage Janet
    • I'm only here for the commercials/ads/trailers
    • I'm not watching at all

Madonna Upstaged by Singer's Vulgar Gesture

1b971fe61c1cee55ea208603611e0a19.jpeg

You wanted provocation at the Super Bowl halftime show? Madonna chickened out, but sidekick M.I.A. was happy to oblige. She appeared to offer the tens of millions of viewers the wrong upraised finger--i.e., the middle one--instead of the gunshot motion that she does to accompany the bleeped-out "I don't give a s***" line in their new video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'."

"We apologize for the inappropriate gesture that aired during halftime," NBC Sports said in a statement. "It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late." This was the first controversy since the Super Bowl show featuring Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake and a high-profile wardrobe malfunction in 2004. Hemmed in by the Super Bowl's presumed insistence on a family-friendly halftime show, Madonna had nothing outrageous to offer herself, instead giving us the most guest stars ever packed into one 15-minute medley. With LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., and finally Cee Lo Green joining her on the 50-yard line, you half-expected to see Elton John putting aside their blood feud and showing up for a cameo, too.

What we're left with is the sight of Madonna looking unusually enraptured as she sang "I hear you call my name..." Which, of course, was not originally written to refer to M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj dressed as cheerleaders chanting "L-U-V...Madonna!" When an optical illusion made the entire football field appear to get sucked into Madonna's stage, it was the perfect metaphor for what this spectacle was supposed to be about.

But, minutes later, the crowd was back to givin' all its luvin' to the Giants and Patriots, having already forgotten their shoulda-been upstager.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/madonna-walks-50-yard-fine-line-between-spectacular--mundane.html

Madge was upstaged by Janet on twitter...and upstaged by MIA in the actual reviews for the show.

It just wasn't Metamucil's night. -_-

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madonna Upstaged by Singer's Vulgar Gesture

1b971fe61c1cee55ea208603611e0a19.jpeg

You wanted provocation at the Super Bowl halftime show? Madonna chickened out, but sidekick M.I.A. was happy to oblige. She appeared to offer the tens of millions of viewers the wrong upraised finger--i.e., the middle one--instead of the gunshot motion that she does to accompany the bleeped-out "I don't give a s***" line in their new video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'."

"We apologize for the inappropriate gesture that aired during halftime," NBC Sports said in a statement. "It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late." This was the first controversy since the Super Bowl show featuring Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake and a high-profile wardrobe malfunction in 2004. Hemmed in by the Super Bowl's presumed insistence on a family-friendly halftime show, Madonna had nothing outrageous to offer herself, instead giving us the most guest stars ever packed into one 15-minute medley. With LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., and finally Cee Lo Green joining her on the 50-yard line, you half-expected to see Elton John putting aside their blood feud and showing up for a cameo, too.

What we're left with is the sight of Madonna looking unusually enraptured as she sang "I hear you call my name..." Which, of course, was not originally written to refer to M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj dressed as cheerleaders chanting "L-U-V...Madonna!" When an optical illusion made the entire football field appear to get sucked into Madonna's stage, it was the perfect metaphor for what this spectacle was supposed to be about.

But, minutes later, the crowd was back to givin' all its luvin' to the Giants and Patriots, having already forgotten their shoulda-been upstager.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/madonna-walks-50-yard-fine-line-between-spectacular--mundane.html

lol that's right...after Janet tore the house down no one gave a fuck about the rest of the Patriots game in 2004. I bet Gil is laughing his ass off right now

I think it's tough when you love Janet and know how things went down with her, I don't understand why there are those that feel it's their duty to critique what someone else says, if you enjoy something you enjoy if you don't you don't I must say the beginning of her show was cool, it was a lot like Immortals to me with the gladiators and the gold, it was a very royal presentation. I have enjoyed Madonna in the past, I don't think she is the best dancer nor singer, however I enjoy her. It's easy to come on here and get upset because some folks just don't understand that Janet fans are strong and when you shade Janet that's not going down well. THIS POST IS NOT A CONTRADICTION NOR A POINT TO ARGUE ABOUT IM NOT HERE FOR ALL THAT In any case I watched in HD :whistle: OPPs I had it in HD someone took it down :unsure:

the production was great...take that away and you have (in my janet voice) nothing nothing nothing...sorry to all you madonna stans out there but after watching janet's performance i just cant accept bullshit....and thats what madonna did.... she bullshited her way through the performance with production and cameos and world peace at the end kissing ass

the production was great...take that away and you have (in my janet voice) nothing nothing nothing...sorry to all you madonna stans out there but after watching janet's performance i just cant accept bullshit....and thats what madonna did.... she bullshited her way through the performance with production and cameos and world peace at the end kissing ass

well that's your opinion and you have a right to it and no one should attack you because you said how you felt :whistle:

How's Miami? I just saw the Housewives episode they went to Miami it looked so hot and fun, I bet the water feels like heaven

you think i give a fuck what anybody here says?

you? Not at all I'm just saying I have witnessed some folks being attacked for their opinion and I don't think it's right, Im not claiming "victim" Im saying some people don't know how to speak to folks without attacking them but that reflects more on them

My family gave two shits of a fuck! I'm sitting there about to watch the halftime start...soon as Madonna comes out..they put the shit on mute and literally started playing BINGO. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm like am I the only one interested? :blink: I had to grab the remote and kinda turn the volume up just enough so I could hear it and so they could hear my uncle call out the bingo numbers.. :lol: Then my grandmother brought up the whole thing of Madonna shading Janet.. :asham:

I was appalled at their behavior :umm:

My family gave two shits of a fuck! I'm sitting there about to watch the halftime start...soon as Madonna comes out..they put the shit on mute and literally started playing BINGO. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm like am I the only one interested? :blink: I had to grab the remote and kinda turn the volume up just enough so I could hear it and so they could hear my uncle call out the bingo numbers.. :lol: Then my grandmother brought up the whole thing of Madonna shading Janet.. :asham:

The shading was just unacceptable as a Janet fan I thought she could have done her thing and never spoke on Janet it was more than needed.

I cannot believe Cynthia is still going ahead with this damn wedding :blink: I think this is the last of season 3 episode 16 then theres the reunion

I haven't seen much footage of Kylie's tour, but some of those pic comparisons are hard to defend. I have to say it's a little disappointing.

One day these kids will learn to stop trying you. -_-

I'm not holding my breath. Why do you get this?

And the M.I.A. middle finger has already got the online press very...pressed. Blowing things out of proportion, good job media. <_<

Yeah, they're making it a bigger deal than it is. A lot of the comments I've read are from people who didn't even know it happened. M.I.A. is a cheeky bitch and I'll be interested to see what becomes of this. :lol:

I haven't seen much footage of Kylie's tour, but some of those pic comparisons are hard to defend. I have to say it's a little disappointing.

I'm not holding my breath. Why do you get this?

Yeah, they're making it a bigger deal than it is. A lot of the comments I've read are from people who don't even know it happened. M.I.A. is a cheeky bitch and I'll be interested to see what becomes of this. :lol:

All the articles are mentioning Janet :lol:.

This made me kiii:

"Justin Timberlake ripped off Jackson's bustier, exposing her breast for nine-sixteenths of a second, a moment for which CBS was fined $550,000 by the FCC"

All that uproar and hassle for nine-sixteenths of a second :lmao:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/mia-flips-bird-super-bowl-halftime-show-15520077#.Ty_Ma23K1c4

Archived