Official Superbowl XLVI Thread (Madonna Performance on PAGE 7)

EphraimAdamz

Superbowl XLVI  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Superbowl?

• Giants
    • Patriots
    • I'm only watching to see if Madonna tries to upstage Janet
    • I'm only here for the commercials/ads/trailers
    • I'm not watching at all

Take away the production people!...can you imagine seeing her on an up close and personal tour like Janet did. No special effects, no wardrobe changes, just pure talent...lol now imagine that

Her first tour & the "who's that girl" tour had none of those things & she was VERY entertaining.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire thing (game, halftime show and commercials) was dead boring to me. The game didn't get interesting until the last 3 minutes. Madonna had great stage effects and the dancers were excellent, but for me they hugely overshadowed Madonna. Not to mentioned some parts of it reminded me of Kylie (maybe she should perform...she's better at it). Cee Lo did good, the others weren't entertaining (and I love LMFAO). The only commercial I liked was the one of the dog wearing running shoes and moonwalking at the finish line.

Cee Lo Green Reflects On 'Monumental' Super Bowl Performance

Cee Lo Green shared a holy moment onstage with Madonna at Sunday’s Super Bowl halftime show. Still recovering from the epic evening, the soul crooner reflected on joining the pop queen for her classic “Like a Prayer.”

“It was awesome. A very, very, very wonderful, monumental experience to be a part of,” Cee Lo said during his appearance on the “Today” show on Monday morning. “Madonna definitely knows how to put on a wonderful show, but it was a great production. She did a great job.”

He was also asked about the M.I.A. finger-flipping controversy. “Actually I’m just hearing about it today, this morning as I get here,” he said. “I was so caught up in the moment yesterday, I had no idea.”

Cee Lo returns as a judge alongside Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton for the second season on NBC’s “The Voice,” airing tonight at 8 p.m.

http://www.rap-up.com/2012/02/06/cee-lo-green-reflects-on-monumental-super-bowl-performance/#more-112526

All the articles are mentioning Janet :lol:.

This made me kiii:

"Justin Timberlake ripped off Jackson's bustier, exposing her breast for nine-sixteenths of a second, a moment for which CBS was fined $550,000 by the FCC"

All that uproar and hassle for nine-sixteenths of a second :lmao:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/mia-flips-bird-super-bowl-halftime-show-15520077#.Ty_Ma23K1c4

Yep, I noticed that too. :lol:

I have not heard a thing, I watched the news just a lil while ago and the talk is of the president and poll numbers at least Madonna did not get done the way Janet was I remember I was on my way to class early morning and the radio dj went IN he was like the half time show sucked and "is Janet Jackson even a big star anymore I mean I know she had some hits in the 90s" ..........that was my first clue, then as always I watched Nightline, and I said if that is what they talk about this thing is huge, and sure enough Nightline starts out with some old performance of a woman, then Ted Kopple comes in and says "those were the days of old" and BAM cut to Janet at the SB.

rob-gronkowski-shirtless.jpg

While some Patriots had suicidal thoughts after their Super Bowl loss, others danced shirtless on stage at a party to help change their spirits. Pictured above is tight end Rob Gronkowski dancing on stage with LMFAO at the Patriots’ postgame party. He wasn’t the only one getting topless — lineman Matt Light was shirtless too.

rob-gronkowski-matt-light-dancing-530x334.jpg

Some people have a problem with the guys partying after the loss. I understand where they’re coming from — how could players be in the mood to have fun after such a heartbreaking defeat? That is a reasonable concern, but I think the main focus for everyone should be one thing: why did they have their shirts off? Don’t they know that can only lead to ridicule?

________

Losing sucks I'm sure but why not have a good time get drunk and dance like you are sexy better than crying.

Two of Madonna's best tour had no special effects. "Blond ambition tour" & "The girlie show" She doesnt need the special effects. But its a nice touch.

Let's see these so called tours on YouTube shall we?...feel free to post at any time

Archived