Official Superbowl XLVI Thread (Madonna Performance on PAGE 7)

EphraimAdamz

Superbowl XLVI  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Superbowl?

• Giants
    • Patriots
    • I'm only watching to see if Madonna tries to upstage Janet
    • I'm only here for the commercials/ads/trailers
    • I'm not watching at all

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of

There's nothin' you can't do

Now you're in New York

These streets will make you feel brand new

Big lights will inspire you

Let's hear it for New York, New York,

New York

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWEET JESUS ON HIGH.

I mean, really. :umm:

Shading is not the same as clowning. Get it together. Shading is more subtle where clowning is not :mellow: No one said you resorted to it so what exactly are you goin' with this? That's why my original question was "yeah and would you make your remark about Janet or try to get personal with me like you always do with anyone else?" :mellow: Anyway i'm done

Where am I going with this? Where the fuck have you been going with it? :blink: If you weren't implying that I resort to shading Janet in times of crisis then why did you tell me that I "don't have to necessarily CLOWN Janet to throw shade at her"? :mellow: Honestly, it's not my job to connect your dots for you.

I mean, really. :umm:

Where am I going with this? Where the fuck have you been going with it? :blink: If you weren't implying that I resort to shading Janet in times of crisis then why did you tell me that I "don't have to necessarily CLOWN Janet to throw shade at her"? :mellow: Honestly, it's not my job to connect your dots for you.

Trust me I don't know you nor your posts well enough to know if you shade Janet cause I simply don't pay attention to you much. I do know you start shit with a few people on here as usual and I didn't imply shit. I asked a QUESTION with my first response to you. If I thought you would shade Janet then I wouldn't of asked your ass if you were gonna do it I would've said something like this "Are you gonna shade Janet again?". Now do you understand if not then fuck it cause i'm done. You can stay mad if ya like :coffee: Giants won the superbowl like I wanted and people on Twitter, Facebook, and on all kinds of forums including football forums are clowning the fuck out of Madonna just as I was hoping. Madonna can fuck off and suck the same nipple that popped out from Janet at the Superbowl for talking shit.

Trust me I don't know you nor your posts well enough to know if you shade Janet cause I simply don't pay attention to you much.

And this right here is all I'm going to address. I think you're letting ghosts of forums past cloud your perception. I'm not one of many members over the years who were ready to stick the knife in Janet when one of their other favs copped shade. So whilst you will continue to deny not implying anything with that post I'm going to leave it here and instead understand why you did it.

Vogue gave me life....the production was unbelievable.

Music was bleh.

LMFAO was not needed.

Nicki was typical.

M.I.A. was atypical.

Cee-Lo turned it the fuck out.

Like A Prayer was awesome.

Madge was nervous as shit....her performance was lackluster, but from a visual standpoint, she brought the house down.

Upon watching it the first I was in awe but since I've viewed it a couple more times since I've realized the visuals dont exactly exceed beyond the usual state-of-the-art visuals we've seen in previous SB shows. The SB is really notorious for that. I think the only part where the show fell flat was when she performed the new single. It didnt add anything..it actually knocked the excitement down a few notches. I will say I absolutely LOOOOOOOVED her exit. THe dropping thru the floor and the smoke shit was EPIC for an ending to "Like A Prayer". I kept rewinding that part. :excited:

Hasn't Madonna been criticized from "borrowing" alot from Kylie over the years tho?

I don't know if it's been "a lot" but Confessions was an era that got compared to Kylie a lot.

Madonna performed "I Feel Love" for the opening of her confessions tour though ^_^

Madonna Upstaged by Singer's Vulgar Gesture

1b971fe61c1cee55ea208603611e0a19.jpeg

You wanted provocation at the Super Bowl halftime show? Madonna chickened out, but sidekick M.I.A. was happy to oblige. She appeared to offer the tens of millions of viewers the wrong upraised finger--i.e., the middle one--instead of the gunshot motion that she does to accompany the bleeped-out "I don't give a s***" line in their new video, "Give Me All Your Luvin'."

"We apologize for the inappropriate gesture that aired during halftime," NBC Sports said in a statement. "It was a spontaneous gesture that our delay system caught late." This was the first controversy since the Super Bowl show featuring Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake and a high-profile wardrobe malfunction in 2004. Hemmed in by the Super Bowl's presumed insistence on a family-friendly halftime show, Madonna had nothing outrageous to offer herself, instead giving us the most guest stars ever packed into one 15-minute medley. With LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, M.I.A., and finally Cee Lo Green joining her on the 50-yard line, you half-expected to see Elton John putting aside their blood feud and showing up for a cameo, too.

What we're left with is the sight of Madonna looking unusually enraptured as she sang "I hear you call my name..." Which, of course, was not originally written to refer to M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj dressed as cheerleaders chanting "L-U-V...Madonna!" When an optical illusion made the entire football field appear to get sucked into Madonna's stage, it was the perfect metaphor for what this spectacle was supposed to be about.

But, minutes later, the crowd was back to givin' all its luvin' to the Giants and Patriots, having already forgotten their shoulda-been upstager.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/madonna-walks-50-yard-fine-line-between-spectacular--mundane.html

Archived